[APP][LTE] Wifi tether for root users - WORKING!

dc iz 2 legit

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The pre 110 apk works in the op but the link to the newest ones beta 7 and 8 dont work for me I'm stock everything if it makes a difference

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

getsideways

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
im wondering how there is a wifi hotspot app in the market that works without root. i tried it and it worked on my GN. but wifi tether requires root. does the one on the market have a catch? is it reporting back to verizon or something?

willenium_1217

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
im wondering how there is a wifi hotspot app in the market that works without root. i tried it and it worked on my GN. but wifi tether requires root. does the one on the market have a catch? is it reporting back to verizon or something?

Very good question. I have the same one because there were rumors that Verizon was putting monitoring software in all the recent updates to the different phones.

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Working for me except i am having WPA2 issues. I need to use without encryption. With i can either not get online at all on my laptop or i get on for just a bit then it stops responding.

oneninja

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it and am actually using it right now to try it out on my laptop but I can seem to get connected with the encryption on. I can only seem to get it to work when its off and basically open to anyone

makewayhomer

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't get it to work with encryption either. without any password worked fine.

I got speeds on my Ipad roughly half as good as on the phone itself using LTE

ihyln

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think we'll have another update to resolve the reboots and WPA2 issues. I'm just glad the phone is fully unleashed!

jon928

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't work for me on my Galaxy Nexus LTE. Bootloader is unlocked and also rooted. Device Profile also changed to SGN LTE.
I've tried it with and without encryption. Not working. Bummer :(

edit: Nevermind I got it working. I turned on Access Control for some reason. Disabled it and it works (without encryption of course)

edit 2 : Turned on encryption and it still works. :)

Last edited: