Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Next question... CWM vs. stock recovery?

Coming from a Samsung Captivate and I have a noob question regarding recovery. I loved CWM & ROM Manager on my Captivate. What are the pros & cons of using the same on the Nexus vs. the stock recovery?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP or CM10

Default Re: Next question... CWM vs. stock recovery?

Quote Originally Posted by 105437 View Post
    Coming from a Samsung Captivate and I have a noob question regarding recovery. I loved CWM & ROM Manager on my Captivate. What are the pros & cons of using the same on the Nexus vs. the stock recovery?

Thanks!
    If youre going to be doing any rom flashing youll want CWM - backups and restores are a simple, i would say north of 95% of devs use it in their instructions, and all of the features are super easy to use

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    ROM
    Axi0m 2.3/ Lean v1.2.2

I'm not sure, but I believe that you need CWM to install ROMs and create backups/nandroids.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by TGreg104 View Post
    I'm not sure, but I believe that you need CWM to install ROMs and create backups/nandroids.
    Correct - the only functions taht you can do through the stock recovery is flash an official update that is named update.zip, wipe data, and wipe cache.