Everytime I try to unlock my bootloader I always end up at this.

Reaperbrah

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have followed the rules on how to do this. I have installed multiple drivers. I have folllowed all the instructions. I always end up doing the fastboot-windows oem unlock and it tells me waiting for my device. And my device just stays in bootloader. Here is a pic of what i mean, it's under attachments.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Everytime I try to unlock my bootloader I always end up at th

try renaming fastboot-windows to just fastboot and try the command again with fastboot oem unlock.

also... make sure the fastboot driver installs. If it fails, try reinstalling it.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

In the sticky in this forum on How To Unlock..etc... scroll down the first post to the troubleshooting section, follow the instructions there to make sure the drivers are correct

deeemaa

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Go into device manager and see if you see something with Android 1.0 with an exclamation mark in it and manually update that driver. Should be good after that.

I have followed the rules on how to do this. I have installed multiple drivers. I have folllowed all the instructions. I always end up doing the fastboot-windows oem unlock and it tells me waiting for my device. And my device just stays in bootloader. Here is a pic of what i mean, it's under attachments.

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Uninstall the P.O.S. samsung drivers and install PDANet(follow all of the prompts). I wasn't able to get anything to happen(tried all the methods people have said to work) until I did this and then it worked perfect. Also, once you do get it unlocked, don't freak out that the splash screen animates for like 2-5minutes > reboots to Google unlock screen > then splash animation again. Just disconnect the usb cable and let it do it's thing.

eta; I'm also on win xp, if your OS is different you may have to do it a different way.

WolfSkull

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

If on Win7 try going into "Devices and Printers" in the start menu and manually add the driver from a list. Worked for me. (BTW, PDAnet really didn't help me because I already had them from the Samsung download link.)

stormed

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall the P.O.S. samsung drivers and install PDANet(follow all of the prompts). I wasn't able to get anything to happen(tried all the methods people have said to work) until I did this and then it worked perfect. Also, once you do get it unlocked, don't freak out that the splash screen animates for like 2-5minutes > reboots to Google unlock screen > then splash animation again. Just disconnect the usb cable and let it do it's thing.

eta; I'm also on win xp, if your OS is different you may have to do it a different way.

On win7...this was also then only way to get it working for me.

Uninstall Samsung drivers if you installed them as well as any possible HTC drivers I'd you had it. Get pdanet installed and your device manager should show a yellow alert on the device. Right click it and point the driver to the drivers located in the pdanet directory

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

Same thing originally happened to me.. As 2defmouze noted and deeemaa summarized. Its just a matter of installing the drivers on the PC (I have Windows 7 also and experienced this) for the phone to be recognized. So just follow the instructions at the bottom under troubleshooting and it takes care of it lickity split.

I can't vouch for the PDA drivers since I didn't do that fix, but I'm sure there are multiple ways around it.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Same thing originally happened to me.. As 2defmouze noted and deeemaa summarized. Its just a matter of installing the drivers on the PC (I have Windows 7 also and experienced this) for the phone to be recognized. So just follow the instructions at the bottom under troubleshooting and it takes care of it lickity split.

I can't vouch for the PDA drivers since I didn't do that fix, but I'm sure there are multiple ways around it.

Yes, the drivers seem to be hit or miss. I originally unlocked the bootloader with my Win7 PC and the drivers it installed worked fine... I later had to unlock the device again and I used my mac for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20