[ROM][AOSP][10/31][JB] Bugless Beast VZW Galaxy Nexus

DanielGalvez

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][AOSP][8/3][JB] Bugless Beast VZW Galaxy Nexus

Ok thanks, so what are the specific changelogs of this most recent update? The mod of the thread hasnt changed his changelogs since the 7/24 nightly

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I dirty flashed it. The home screens are more buttery (as opposed to the last update, which seemed somewhat slowed down even with a clean wipe). I am seeing a couple of hiccups when launching apps though, but not much. Nothing obvious in terms of new features on first glance.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

can anyone get the Verizon app to work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It's missing the login apk which i guess is some type of authentication framework for the app,
It's still hit or miss but on the last build i got it working.

Verizon login client - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki

is where i found the login apk. uninstall the vzw app first...
install that
reboot
install the vzw apk from the store.
try to login
it's wonky at times if you are connected to wifi

again..hit or miss but that's worked for me

Reactions: SuperMarioVT

whthotg8

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, just got BB JB installed and have a question on the keyboard. Does anyone know how to get the punctuation recommendations back (the ones that show on top of keyboard after pressing space)? I would prefer not having to use swift key because I don't really like it. Any help would be appreciated.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Hi all, just got BB JB installed and have a question on the keyboard. Does anyone know how to get the punctuation recommendations back (the ones that show on top of keyboard after pressing space)? I would prefer not having to use swift key because I don't really like it. Any help would be appreciated.

Should be available under Language and Input / Keyboard settings.. you'll have to look around there a bit as I don't use the stock keyboard, but I know a number of people have asked about that in Jellybean and been able to switch it under those settings..

whthotg8

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I was searching around in there and couldn't find anything. :/ looks like the AOSP keyboard is the only one I can choose.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I was searching around in there and couldn't find anything. :/ looks like the AOSP keyboard is the only one I can choose.

Hit the menu option next to AOSP keyboard, you'll find a bunch of options to check/uncheck... Again I'm not sure which setting specifically you need to change but maybe someone else can shed some light on that? Or you can read through them and hopefully figure it out..

Reactions: whthotg8

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Language & input >> Android keyboard (menu options to the right side)>>Advanced Settings>>Next word prediction (needs to be unchecked)

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Is there another mirror out there for the latest release? The one posted before isn't working for me

whthotg8

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

This may be a dumb question, but if I have BB on my phone now and want to update to the new release, do I just need to DL the .zip file of the updated ROM, load to my phones SD card, go in to recovery, reset to factory settings, clear cache and load the updated ROM?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What was the changelog for this update? I think I saw something that had it changing from JRO03C to JRO03H. Is this true? If so then when I updated I still show the same thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

I can't get any media to play sound. This includes games, music, youtube, pandora. Any ideas? I just did a clean install of the latest build, it was the same way with the previous build, too. Am I the only one with this problem? What are the steps to ensure I did a truly clean install? I wiped Data, Cache, Davlic Cache, and formatted system... then installed the new ROM. What did I do wrong? I'm fortunate that alarms and ringtones still work, but they still have issues sometimes. I never had any problems with sounds when I was stock.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't get any media to play sound. This includes games, music, youtube, pandora. Any ideas? I just did a clean install of the latest build, it was the same way with the previous build, too. Am I the only one with this problem? What are the steps to ensure I did a truly clean install? I wiped Data, Cache, Davlic Cache, and formatted system... then installed the new ROM. What did I do wrong? I'm fortunate that alarms and ringtones still work, but they still have issues sometimes. I never had any problems with sounds when I was stock.

Can you get ring tones to play? Notifications? Try inserting headphones then taking them out. I had this happen months ago, turns out that the phone was stuck in headphone mode.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Yeah notifications work, but still aren't always loud and clear. It's really weird, but the headphones thing is a good idea, maybe that has been my problem all along... I could see the sounds being mucked up if it thinks it always has headphones or something. I'm currently flashing the latest rom again. I'll try the headphones after that.

Yep sound goes through when i have an external speaker hooked up, but it won't play it when i unhook it, what can i do?

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah notifications work, but still aren't always loud and clear. It's really weird, but the headphones thing is a good idea, maybe that has been my problem all along... I could see the sounds being mucked up if it thinks it always has headphones or something. I'm currently flashing the latest rom again. I'll try the headphones after that.

Yep sound goes through when i have an external speaker hooked up, but it won't play it when i unhook it, what can i do?

Honestly, I let mine sit overnight and never once had the issue. I know of the headphones thing through my own paranoid research at 4am many many moons ago lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Well I plugged in and unplugged my speakers to it a couple times and now it works. Hopefully it stays working. I had this issue with my Palm Pre+ before, too but I couldn't get that fixed and had to have it replaced because of it. Hope I don't have to do that with this in the future.