Tech Support Needed: Mobile Network State Disconnected

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Posted this here since I'm rooted, running stock, and the bootloader is unlocked.

Hoping you guys can help end my frustration. For the last 3 days, I can make phone calls and send text messages but haven't been able to use data of any kind except on WIFI.

I think this started on Wednesday, 12/21.

I removed the battery and Sim and let it sit before rebooting. Still nothing.

I am in a 3g only area. Thought it was a network issue so I reactivated my Moto DX and had no trouble connecting to 3g

I reactivated the Nexus and tech support advised I should do a fully system restore.

I haven't done the system restore in ICS yet but have done it in Clockwork Mod. Wiped Cache, data, reset system. I am assuming this is basically the same as restoring in ICS except that the internal files are left in tact.

Here is other relevant info:

Android Version: 4.0.2
Baseband Version: 1515.09 V.EK05 / 1515.EK02

Kernal Version: 3.0.8-gaaa2611 android-build@apa28 #1
Build number: ICL53F

Network: Verizon Wireless
Signal Strength -120 dBm 99 asu

Mobile Network Type: eHRPD:13

Service State: In Service
Roaming: Not Roaming
Mobile Network State: Disconnected
PRL Version: 15098

Any recommendations?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Merry Christmas.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would try flashing a custom ROM, I have seen a few users reporting no data after rooting but haven't seen any answers to fix yet. I would recommend trying ZYGOT 1.8 which has a thread in this forum. Please let us know if this works or not.

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Does the DX use a sim card? Is it possible your sim card is having issues? Just throwing that out...

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ended up going to a VZW store and had one of the employees on hold with tech support for 90 minutes.
They wiped the phone completely,swapped a new sim card, then swapped out my 8 day old phone for a brand new phone, then wiped a few more times, and swapped out the SIM two more times.
Still didn't work, so they opened a trouble ticket.

It turns out that when the data outage occurred last Wednesday, a few devices were never reactivated---it's a system thing.

They said it could take 3-5 days to be resolved and told me NOT to reactivate my Droid X while it's being resolved. Thank goodness for WIFI.

Merry Christmas

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173