Help! My Galaxy Nexus Soft-Bricked after Bootloader Unlock

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 36203

I was using Odin to relock my bootloader when it was disconnected. Now I have the above screen. My CP (Win 7 x64) will not recognize my GNex. I was succesfully rooted but was not using any custom ROMs. Please help :'(

Never use odin on an open device.

I'm not sure what it is you are looking at, I would try pulling the battery and rebooting. If unsuccessful, then do it again, but hold both volumes and power until you get to the bootloader. From there you can see if your device has been relocked, you can do a factory image restore to solve the booting issues, and would have other options on the table. Let me know what you see from there.

CJactual

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I've held down the volume button and the power button and nothing happened I've pulled the battery several 100 times and nothing is happening. I've updated the drivers several times and my computer will not recognize my phone. What is that screen?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've held down the volume button and the power button and nothing happened I've pulled the battery several 100 times and nothing is happening. I've updated the drivers several times and my computer will not recognize my phone. What is that screen?

Like I said.. Hold BOTH volumes and power to get to the bootloader. If you can get there you can follow the factory restore thread and get back up and running :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CJactual

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Like I said.. Hold BOTH volumes and power to get to the bootloader. If you can get there you can follow the factory restore thread and get back up and running :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
. I'm losing my mind... My GNex will not respond to any of the normal attempts to get into the boot loader. I rooted following a youtube by qBKing77 'How to root the Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE' and all was successful. I used my phone for weeks, no problems. But my radio would just drop out randomly so decided to re-lock it and return it to BigRed. So i used odin to re-lock and that's when the problem started. In short I'm stuck on that screen and nothing i do (pwr cycle, enter bootloader, connect to computer, remove/switch batteries...) does anything. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
. I'm losing my mind... My GNex will not respond to any of the normal attempts to get into the boot loader. I rooted following a youtube by qBKing77 'How to root the Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE' and all was successful. I used my phone for weeks, no problems. But my radio would just drop out randomly so decided to re-lock it and return it to BigRed. So i used odin to re-lock and that's when the problem started. In short I'm stuck on that screen and nothing i do (pwr cycle, enter bootloader, connect to computer, remove/switch batteries...) does anything. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Damn. I have no idea.

As a general rule, Odin should be avoided at all costs :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa