Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Phone died and won't charge?

So, today my phone died and when I got home I tried plugging it in, it didn't charge. I left it there for 2 hours and when I came back still nothing, so I tried several different chargers and even plugged my phone into the computer using USB. I tried turning on the phone while it was "charging" and it popped up "LG" then turned off... Nothing is working and I know its not the charger being the problem. I think its the battery but I don't know.. Any advice to try and get it to charge? All help available is wanted. Thanks!(:

First of all, you need to make sure it's not a SOD (screen of Death/Darkness) where the phone is actually running but it the screen won't wake. If you do a battery pull and then it reboots, then it's likely you have a SOD situation. If the phone is in a SOD state and you plug it in, it will charge, but still appear dead, leading you to believe it's not charging. That's why the first thing you should do is a battery pull.

Other than that, you can try a different battery or see if that battery will charge in another phone. If it turns our you have a bad USB port, you can try the Touchstone MOD listed below. It won't fix a broken USB port, but it will charge your phone.

hello i'm charging my phone but when charging it,it switched off automatically and when i was going to open it it says that my phone is lowbatt so i charged it but when i charged it, it wouldn't charge.So what do you think is the problem?

Make sure your USB cord and charger are working properly buy using them an another phone or device. If that checks out, try a different battery.

ok thanks,i'll try!

Thanks, your advice was great..I had such an important call to make and phone was dead. you are the tops!!

Quote Originally Posted by NordicNinja View Post
    Hey Guys,

This happened to me as well and I got it working again.

I went to bed and when I woke up I turned my phone on but the unlock screen was unresponsive. I pressed and held the power button and I felt it vibrate which normally happens when you are presented with the power down options, however nothing came on the screen, it was still at the lock slider. So I did a battery pull, reset it, checked a web page and then went back to bed. When I woke up again, there was nothing but a black screen and pressing the power button did nothing.

I figured maybe the battery had fully discharged. I plugged it into the wall with the supplied charger for a few minutes, nothing. Plugged it into the computer with the supplied USB cable, nothing. Plugged it into the wall using my Blackberry charger, nothing. Tried doing all of the volume + power button combos while plugged in, nothing. Tried battery pull and still nothing.

To get it working again I unplugged it from the USB and then took out battery and the SIM card. While the battery and SIM were out I held the power button down for 10 seconds, thinking that there might be some built up power/static that needed to be discharged. I replaced the SIM card and battery and as soon as I plugged the USB cable in, the battery charging symbol appeared. Left it for a few minutes and then pressed power and voila, it was back.

Now, as I said before I thought that maybe the battery had fully discharged... However upon powering up my battery was at 45% Very weird.

Anyways, that's my story. Maybe my idea of holding the power button with the battery and SIM card out had an effect, maybe not, I don't know. But if you find yourself in this situation I'd say that it's worth a shot.
    its temporary or alternate solution.
    Its barley simple, rather than to go for another ifs and buts, press this button for 10 seconds or so on....
    its simple, just get the battery out and put it again and press the power button, it will work... actually I am looking for the actual problem and solution. Please share if any one has any other permanent solution.
    Banned

If you drain a lithium ion completely dead (almost impossible due to the cut off built in) the battery cell will die and basically you can hook it to a car battery and it wont work lithium ions are tricky bastards if your rooted and running twrp know this there is a non off charging error you need a script for your device to patch it but basically once it hits the 10% shut off if not on the battery wont charge if its getting hot and not holding a charge then replace it immediately!! Thing could blow up if it has a ruptured cell im not joking look it up

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by gothicasshole; 07-29-2013 at 08:44 PM.

does this really work

NordicNinja : Works! r\THX!!!

Created an account just to thank you as well. Just saved me a lot of $$ and headache! Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12