Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-gaaa2611, unlocked

Default Re: Red ! Triangle - Reboot Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    Every time I attempted to enter Recovery Mode I get the red triangle with " ! " and android lying on the ground. I've tried to get to recovery via rom manager, also power + volume up/down no luck. Anyone now a fix... Thanks in advance.
    For future reference.

You must tap volume up/down and the power button all together. Don't hold them in. Just tap all together at the same time and let go. It takes a couple tries but it works.

You'll then get a menu that will let you reboot, wipe, clear cache, etc.

I experienced this after making my first nandroid backup. I rebooted and then went and deleted the backup file on my SDcard using Root Explorer.

Once you do that, you will be about to boot into CWM from Rom Manager without getting the error icon.

There is a process to make CWM permanent by flashing the toro.img file using SDK. I would post the link here but its on a competing website. I am sure you know the one.
    Nextel Flips > Motorola Slider > Blackberry Storm 9530 > Motorola Droid X > Galaxy Nexus
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    1,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TrueKing84 View Post
    Tried this, and it wouldnt let me delete that file
    Did you toggle between RO and RW?

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by TrueKing84 View Post
    Tried this, and it wouldnt let me delete that file
    Took me two tries between the two apps myself. First time didn't work, but it worked on the second go-around.

Changed the end of "/system/boot-from-recovery.p" to .bak and booted right into CWM recovery with no problems! Thanks for the info.

This is my first post and first ROM. Thanks to you all as reading the threads I was able to get it done easily.I have what may be a newbie question. Can I install the NOVA apk on top of this? Thanks

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by harper1 View Post
    This is my first post and first ROM. Thanks to you all as reading the threads I was able to get it done easily.I have what may be a newbie question. Can I install the NOVA apk on top of this? Thanks
    nova is a home launcher, its like Trebuchet or any other launcher. shouldn't be a problem
    Thanked by:

I have the same problem

I will be thankful if you send me the image for Galaxy Nexus google

Ahmed

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAGEED_AHMED View Post
    I have the same problem

I will be thankful if you send me the image for Galaxy Nexus google

Ahmed
    What image? Head to rootzwiki or xda for recovery images. Or you can go to koushes page and dl the new touch recovery.

We have the factory images right here at AC.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...axy-nexus.html
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    zero neck likes this.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzy / Stock for now

Hey guys i am trying to flash a new ROM through CWM and i am not able to get into recovery any help would be greatly appreciated ( i have tried to CWM Recovery and i am getting an error message stating " an error occured while attemptin to run privileged commands "

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzy / Stock for now

Flash CWM Recovery
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by DB12088 View Post
    Flash CWM Recovery
    You're rooted?
    are you saying you fixed it?
    if you need to, you can flash recovery via adb instead of thru rom manager.

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzy / Stock for now

i am rooted and i can not get in the bootloader manually either as of right now i am stuck
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by DB12088 View Post
    i am rooted and i can not get in the bootloader manually either as of right now i am stuck
    ok so, you've been trying to get to bootloader/recovery manually right? by pressing VOL up, VOL down, and POWER together while the phone is off?

so, you flash recovery this way -

download this file: http://download.clockworkmod.com/rec...8.0.2-toro.img

that's for touch recovery. if you prefer you can google search for the regular recovery for cdma gal nex.

rename the file recovery.img

place that file in the same folder as fastboot - should be in the adb tools folder or platform tools folder i believe.

so, connect your phone and open the command window.

open (cd) the adb folder

enter this command:

adb reboot bootloader

that should restart you in the bootloader mode.

then, when that's done restarting, enter this command

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

let me know if this works for ya or if you need clarification on anything

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *

How exactly do you do this? Sorry I'm bad with technology...my phone is doing the same thing and when I selected recovery it didn't work. Can you please help?

i checked that, cmr is installed bt still facing the red sign when backing up ma existing rom

any help appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by twindragons187 View Post
    Go into rom manager and make sure cmr is installed.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Boni Satani View Post
    i checked that, cmr is installed bt still facing the red sign when backing up ma existing rom

any help appreciated
    Flash a recovery manually and delete the reboot-from-recovery.p file from the /system partition.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Trying to flash some radios (no roms) but cannot get into recovery via rom manager or power up with vol buttons, I cannot delete the recovery from boot because Root Explorer won't toggle to RW.....any suggestions?
    EXTRA HTC TB regular battery for sale, not that horrible looking EB!! PM ME!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTGTOVR4 View Post
    Trying to flash some radios (no roms) but cannot get into recovery via rom manager or power up with vol buttons, I cannot delete the recovery from boot because Root Explorer won't toggle to RW.....any suggestions?
    Anyone?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Anyone?
    Are you rooted? If you're not that would explain why Root Explorer and ROM Manager aren't working. You can boot to the bootloader anyway and fastboot boot a custom recovery, and use that to flash whatever radio's you are trying to, assuming they are in a flashable zip.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Are you rooted? If you're not that would explain why Root Explorer and ROM Manager aren't working. You can boot to the bootloader anyway and fastboot boot a custom recovery, and use that to flash whatever radio's you are trying to, assuming they are in a flashable zip.

So it turns out I am NOT rooted (DOH!) I only care about having tethering, but regardless, I want to root the phone, but wugs doesn't recognize my to be in bootloader mode, and I also tried using the install superboot, but it just sits there saying "waiting for device" (I am using OEM cable, and drivers are installed) how would I fastboot boot a custom recovery? I am on JRO03O and just need updated radios.....

I am u nrooted and when I rebooted into stock recovery mode my androind guy is latin down with red teiangle I unrooted and it passed rebooted and eveeything went good but my androind guys is still layinf down and I also tried wiping data factory reset...is need some advice pleade what should I do...also when I was rooted and teied to flash a rom my phone wouldnt flash the roms I tried and I tried flashing a bunch...HELP!!!!! PLEAS THANK YOU ps I habe an at&t samsung galaxy s3

Hi I have a samsung galaxy s3 SGH-I747 AND I ROOTED ANS ROM MANGER AND ALL THAT I TRIED FLASHING DIFFERENT ROMS IT WULD JUST STAY STUCK ON LOGO AND I WULD GO BACK INTO CWM RECOVERY AND RESTORE MY LATEST STOCK AND JUST HAVE SUPERUSER SO THEN I TRIED UNROOTING MY PHONE AND IT SAYS IT PASSED AND REBOOTED AND I DIDNT HAVE SUPER USER...NOW I WENT INTO SROCK RECOVERY MODE AFTER I UNROOTRD MY ANDROID GUY IS LAYING DOWN WITH RED TRIANGLE AND I THINK THATS WHY I COULDNT FLASH A ROM CUZ I FLASHED TO MANY TIMES BUT I TRIED WIPING DTAT FACTORY RESET CAN U PLEASE HELP CUZ I KNOW IF I FIX MY ANDROID LAYING DOWN WITH THE RED TrIANGLE I THINK THAT WILL SOLVE FLADHIN OF THE ROMS WLSO...HELP MENPLEASE...TJWNKYOU

ROM
    AOKP/CM10/AXIOM ROMs

Are you using Odin? This thread is for the galaxy nexus. Make sure your not trying to flash a "toro" ROM. That would cause it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ingbritsen View Post
    Hi I have a samsung galaxy s3 SGH-I747 AND I ROOTED ANS ROM MANGER AND ALL THAT I TRIED FLASHING DIFFERENT ROMS IT WULD JUST STAY STUCK ON LOGO AND I WULD GO BACK INTO CWM RECOVERY AND RESTORE MY LATEST STOCK AND JUST HAVE SUPERUSER SO THEN I TRIED UNROOTING MY PHONE AND IT SAYS IT PASSED AND REBOOTED AND I DIDNT HAVE SUPER USER...NOW I WENT INTO SROCK RECOVERY MODE AFTER I UNROOTRD MY ANDROID GUY IS LAYING DOWN WITH RED TRIANGLE AND I THINK THATS WHY I COULDNT FLASH A ROM CUZ I FLASHED TO MANY TIMES BUT I TRIED WIPING DTAT FACTORY RESET CAN U PLEASE HELP CUZ I KNOW IF I FIX MY ANDROID LAYING DOWN WITH THE RED TrIANGLE I THINK THAT WILL SOLVE FLADHIN OF THE ROMS WLSO...HELP MENPLEASE...TJWNKYOU
    For whatever phone you have, you must have a custom recovery.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast