[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

joncat84

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.3 (Updated 1/2

Hello, I'm trying to root my nexus but am having some issues. When I hit backup data everything backs up fine. I then select system variables which makes a pop up happen where I select option 1. After it says done I then close the window and select drivers where I am told the drivers are already installed. (I also did the manual instructions for drivers but every time I open cmd and type in adb devices I get the error message "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable command or batch file.)

I am then selecting unlock and then nothing happens. I am never prompted to connect my device like the instructions say. And if I do connect my device nothing happens. Any tips are appreciated!

Last edited:

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Hello, I'm trying to root my nexus but am having some issues. When I hit backup data everything backs up fine. I then select system variables which makes a pop up happen where I select option 1. After it says done I then close the window and select drivers where I am told the drivers are already installed. (I also did the manual instructions for drivers but every time I open cmd and type in adb devices I get the error message "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable command or batch file.)

I am then selecting unlock and then nothing happens. I am never prompted to connect my device like the instructions say. And if I do connect my device nothing happens. Any tips are appreciated!

click the listed device button on the program and you should see the adb device with a string of numbers (if drivers installed correctly)

maguire11

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I've gotten as far as getting the drivers installed myself (windows XP). I found that working totally manually through the cmd function did not work at all for me. However, using his tools 'manual' install (where you try to automatically install but then it gives you an option to continue on in case that doesnt work) was painless as all hell. You say 'no I do not see my adb device listed' it takes you through the necessary steps. Worked prefectly. Then you boot the phone normally, and as the above poster said - hit the list adb devices button in the tool to check and see if your phone is listed. Then power off and boot into fastboot - hit the list adb devices for fastboot option. good to go.

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Does any custom rom/root allow flash to be enabled? Or it is not possible at all?

Are you referring to Adobe flash? If so... yeah, you can run flash player on any ROM... just download the app from the market and use a good browser like dolphin. iPhones restrict flash usage, not android devices.

{{ WugFresh }}

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the good work Wug just unlocked and rooted my GN in just a few minutes...process def makes it super easy!!!

Reactions: WugFresh

flyfish23

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

I ran a backup on all my apps and data and then did a restore and not all of my app re-installed. does anyone know why or how to fix that?

black_13

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

can someone help me out, pretty new at this.

I have the verizon with 4.0.4
I go press unlock on the tool kit and then it goes to debugging, then press the power button to start and it reboots but it doesn't seem to erase anything as I don't have to go through the whole initial setup again.

jone216

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

locked and unrooted 2 minutes tops thanks wug's back to verizon gnex go for replacement :)

dewy330

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Is version 1.4 Available yet? And will it be able to root the leaked 4.0.4 update?

hellblazer445

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site

Having some trouble with rooting my device. I was able to successfully unlock my phone and now the rooting process is giving me trouble. After opening the root prompt, I am able to see my device listed as ADB. Then I cannot find the fastboot drivers. So what I did was power down and reboot into bootloader mode. It then finds the fastboot drivers. Ok so next I navigate to recovery mode from the bootloader. At this point my device shows an android with an open chest and an exclamation mark. I wait for the device to do its thing (about 5-10 min on this screen) and it then just reboots normally.

I can't figure out how to proceed to step 3 in "On device rooting instructions," -Step 3 Scroll to "Install zip from sdcard" and select it-

I cannot get my device to register as MTP now either, the drivers fail to install every time. Does anyone have any ideas as so what I am doing wrong? Does it sound like I haven't properly configured my drivers? Or perhaps its that I'm doing something wrong in installing clockworkmod recovery? Like I said, the rootkit finds ADB no problem and then finds fastboot once I power down and switch to bootloader. Any help would be super awesome.

Last edited:

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Having some trouble with rooting my device. I was able to successfully unlock my phone and now the rooting process is giving me trouble. After opening the root prompt, I am able to see my device listed as ADB. Then I cannot find the fastboot drivers. So what I did was power down and reboot into bootloader mode. It then finds the fastboot drivers. Ok so next I navigate to recovery mode from the bootloader. At this point my device shows an android with an open chest and an exclamation mark. I wait for the device to do its thing (about 5-10 min on this screen) and it then just reboots normally.

I can't figure out how to proceed to step 3 in "On device rooting instructions," -Step 3 Scroll to "Install zip from sdcard" and select it-

I cannot get my device to register as MTP now either, the drivers fail to install every time. Does anyone have any ideas as so what I am doing wrong? Does it sound like I haven't properly configured my drivers? Or perhaps its that I'm doing something wrong in installing clockworkmod recovery? Like I said, the rootkit finds ADB no problem and then finds fastboot once I power down and switch to bootloader. Any help would be super awesome.

It sounds like you never flashed clockworkmod. The android on its back with the exclamation mark is stock recovery. It sounds like your fastboot and adb drivers are configured which is all you need. You do not need to configure our MTP device.. however you should be able to with samsung drivers.

To fix your problem, you are going to want to run through the Root procedure again. This will flash clockworkmod recovery. It sounds like your fastboot drivers weren't configured the first time around, but that you figured out how to configure it manually by booting into recovery. Now that your drivers are configured you need to run through the root process again so that Clockworkmod actually flashes. Then everything should be good to go.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Is version 1.4 Available yet? And will it be able to root the leaked 4.0.4 update?

You need to flash a modded su.zip for 4.0.4 - http://goo-inside.me/devs/WugFresh/Miscellaneous/su.zip

You could boot into clockwork and flash that. Or replace the su.zip that is currently in the package with that one and run through the root process again.

It resides here:
%HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit\data\su.zip

Version 1.4 of my program will include this... but for now, the above solution will work.

Version 1.4 will be available by this upcoming weekend. I have just be swamped with schoolwork and this week is midterms for me.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

can someone help me out, pretty new at this.

I have the verizon with 4.0.4
I go press unlock on the tool kit and then it goes to debugging, then press the power button to start and it reboots but it doesn't seem to erase anything as I don't have to go through the whole initial setup again.

You only need to unlock once. Since you flashed 4.0.4 then you were probably already unlocked. Unlocking again doesn't do anything... so it won't erase anything on your device.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

I ran a backup on all my apps and data and then did a restore and not all of my app re-installed. does anyone know why or how to fix that?

Did any of them restore? Did you check the file size of your backup? Was it really small? Maybe your backup wasn't complete?

{{ WugFresh }}

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

wuz,
you are the man.
I owe you because this was flawless.
soup to nuts downloading everything took 2 hrs to unroot and lock via wifi.
I can now send my phone back to big red.
I will be paying you a visit via paypal next paycheck.

raekwonthechef

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

hey just tried this and it didnt do anything for me. I am trying to go back to stock from gummy and its driving me insane. mine goes into reboot cycles so i have to return to stock then flash rom again. this is not returning my phone to stock rom.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

First off, this all seems very impressive and thorough. Thanks Wugs and Cyber. I've never rooted before, but I think I've done enough research and with this method I'm ready to take the plunge to take ful advantage of my nexus. Without having a lot of knowledge of what I may do once rooted, other than things I can't do otherwise, I'm not sure how much I'll benefit but I want to at least get my feet wet. The main thing I want is the 4.0.4 radios that I've been hearing so much about (and of course tired of waiting for the OTA), so I will wait until you release the next version. My two questions are: 1)once I follow these steps to root "nothing" will change on my phone until I download rom's etc, other than superuser, correct? 2) I'm a fan of Google Wallet and I've read it will now not work on a rooted device until Google fixes "it"...can anyone comment from experience? Appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome