[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I think I am having problems with configuring my drivers. I am on XP. From device manager, I can right click on Android 1.0, and go to advanced settings. I don't have the path for the Samsung driver installed by the Root Tool Kit. Without, Windows searches endlessly. Can anyone help?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

volcalstone

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

For anybody having problems, make sure you do STEP 5 in the FAQ. I will paste it below as a shortcut.

5.) I am having trouble, I think its a driver issue.

Ok, make sure to configure it properly. To manually configure the driver. You need to be in bootloader mode on your phone.. The unlock script will do this immediately for you. And then, on your computer;

1. Open device manager on your PC.
2. Right click on Android 1.0 with the yellow ! mark on it.
3. Choose update driver.
4. Choose browse my computer.
5. Choose Let me pick from a list.
6. Scroll down and find the Samsung driver with newest date. Should be the driver you downloaded above. (Possibly dated 11/25/2011 ).
7. It will give you a warning about installing the driver, just click yes.

YOU should see a prompt on your phone now, stating YES or NO to unlocking the bootloader.

Hope this helps! In the rooting process now.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Did this. After for some reason when i try to go into clockwork to make a backup after i get it all set up i pick recovery and it gives me the android with the ! on his stomach. Anyone know whats up?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

From the update driver menu, I am able to browse to program files/SAMSUNG/USB Drivers. Once there, there are at least 25 folders with names like Tuna. How do I locate the driver I need?

volcalstone

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

From the update driver menu, I am able to browse to program files/SAMSUNG/USB Drivers. Once there, there are at least 25 folders with names like Tuna. How do I locate the driver I need?

Your doing this all wrong, make sure you follow step 5 carefully. There should just be a list, go down and you will see Samsung Android Phone. From there, select the latest driver then you should be all set.

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

Your doing this all wrong, make sure you follow step 5 carefully. There should just be a list, go down and you will see Samsung Android Phone. From there, select the latest driver then you should be all set.

When I try this, I get an unable to fnd any drivers for this device message

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Can you clarify, Captain? I completed the first step (SDK+Drivers), I start the next step to unlock and unroot, and get my GN to the boot loader screen. That screen shows my GN as locked and gives me options to enter recovery mode, start up, and shut down. No option to unlock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The app showed it was ready to continue and the device was sitting at the bootloader menu, but Windows was still reloading the drivers for the device. The first time I tried to root, the app didn't see my device because the drivers were not completely installed on my pc.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Cyber could you give me a some advise on my comment from earilier. What I need to really know is that will I need to run Admin. mode on a the rootkit/programs by chance for this to work.

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

Still not sure what has been going on. The Samsung drivers show up in Windows Explorer (all 25 files), none of which are called Galaxy Nexus or have a 11/2011 date. When I go to delete the driver using add/remove programs, it does show up. Maybe the file is a hidden file?

Not a big deal as I was able to perform the task using my Mac. But, I am troubled why I couldn't follow through using Windows?

Certain

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site

I'm a little disappointed with this program. Yes, it rooted my GNex just fine. But it erased everything. Its been a while since I did the initial root on my Droid but I'm pretty sure it didn't wipe the phone. Now, I'll admit that part of this is on me. I didn't read anything too deeply. I read all the prompts that it output though and not once did it say "Oh by the way, this will wipe your device. So if you haven't backed up your data, stop and please do so then start again." I mean, it warned me that the device would take a while to reboot and that it would look like it was boot looping. They mentioned that stuff, but didn't mention that it would wipe my phone. So my root access is bittersweet. I'm a little pissed actually because I just feel it would have been too easy to have something pop up as a warning. And it should have popped up a few times just in case.

Other than that the program works well enough I guess.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Cyber could you give me a some advise on my comment from earilier. What I need to really know is that will I need to run Admin. mode on a the rootkit/programs by chance for this to work.

I haven't tested this as a standard user so I'm not sure but I doubt Wug added any kind of security permissions to the program.. so you should have no problem running this without administrator privileges.

Still not sure what has been going on. The Samsung drivers show up in Windows Explorer (all 25 files), none of which are called Galaxy Nexus or have a 11/2011 date. When I go to delete the driver using add/remove programs, it does show up. Maybe the file is a hidden file?

Not a big deal as I was able to perform the task using my Mac. But, I am troubled why I couldn't follow through using Windows?

There were some people experiencing problems... either with the drivers or not being able to unlock the bootloader. Wug has supposedly worked out all of the kinks in v1.0 with his newer version... 1.1 which he said he was finishing up today.. so hopefully tomorrow we should have a better working toolkit with some added features including compatibility with Windows XP and Mac.

Reactions: Hondo_Lane

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Will we just be able to install the 1.1 over the existing 1.0 files for those of us who did not get it to work successfully the first time?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Will we just be able to install the 1.1 over the existing 1.0 files for those of us who did not get it to work successfully the first time?

Yes.. or you can delete them.. either way, they won't be used.

skippy311

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

broken record, going into bootloader and hitting start, sits at waiting for device.

hello everyone! and MHMMM GOOD ... stuff lol

skyrichard

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Yes.. or you can delete them.. either way, they won't be used.

I have a problems with the program, an where say ,select yes on the device "device does not seem this option", I'm using windows 7, and also asked whether the nexus is connected before opening the toolkit root or first open deve in program after connecting the nexus, in normal mode or reeboot...

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm a little disappointed with this program. Yes, it rooted my GNex just fine. But it erased everything.
When the bootloader is unlocked, it wipes the device. That's why AC mentioned that unlocking the bootloader should be the first thing you do with the device since it wipes it.

I'm a little pissed actually because I just feel it would have been too easy to have something pop up as a warning. And it should have popped up a few times just in case
I agree they could have a popup in the program, but it is listed clearly in the post for the program that it will wipe your device ...
wipe.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01