[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.2 (Updated 1/1

WUG, you saved my bacon with your awesome toolkit! I wiped my phone a little too well and took all traces of the ROM with it! Luckily I had bootloader mode and your toolkit! I feel a donation coming on!
Thanks again!

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

There! Followed through. You should have another 10 spot in the coffers! Thank you again!

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Love this tool kit! My 4.2.2 updated borked my phone, lost root access and a bunch of apps were buggy. Used this to go back to 4.1.1 and then manually update to 4.2.2 then rooted.

Thanks again Wug!

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 (Updated 02/24/13)

Wugs toolkit is awesome. Gave him a ten long ago. I sold my nexus on eBay for 160 but after relocking and unlocking the phone just bootlooped for the last time. I'll refund the guy 165 for his troubles and I'm gonna kill the nexus. Its time is up don't feel like doing adb, 165 is worth it to put this phone out ta its misery and will make me feel better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

Yes, you can... I did. Follow WUG's steps and you'll be golden.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

samspurry

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

For those of us with a Verizon Galaxy Nexus running 4.2.2, when can we expect support?

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

For those of us with a Verizon Galaxy Nexus running 4.2.2, when can we expect support?

Are you asking support from Wug to root your GN running 4.2.2?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

StupotAce

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you asking support from Wug to root your GN running 4.2.2?

I dunno if he was, but I am! There doesn't seem to be any toolkits that have support for an unrooted Verizon GNex running 4.2.2

Only 4.2.1 shows up on the drop down list in Wug's toolkit.

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I will have v1.6.4 out this weekend. The latest builds will be officially supported including the vzn gnex 4.2.2. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

stlaural

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.3 (Updated 08/18/12)

Hey Wug, I have successfully unlocked and installed TWRP recovery, however, in the process I am booted into TWRP by the toolkit and then I just get stuck on "Waiting for your device to reboot." I turned on airplane mode and I have tried several times, still with no success. My only course of action is to reboot back into the system through TWRP. When I am rebooted, the rootkit prompts me to enable superuser and update my binaries, yet superuser is not in my app drawer. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. :)

Having this issue right now, didn't find anything on the internet yet :(

rottinger

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

I just wanted to say thanks! I downloaded 1.6.3 just after I got the OTA update. I had been thinking unlocking and rooting for a while, and I finally decided to go for it. Took it step-by-step (I had the guide up just in case) and all went well. It probably took me a little longer just because I was paranoid about making a mistake, but everything worked! So far, I've been pretty impressed, not only by the 4.2.2 update, but by the response of my phone. Yeah, there are some niggly things, but nothing I can't live with (or work around). Again, my thanks for a great tool!

lilwhill

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Total noob so don't know if i'm doing this correctly. I have a Verizon gnex and I was able to unlock and root using your tool (thank you soooo very much)! When I tried to do the nandroid backup though it said I couldn't because the "any build" is not supported. I looked for my build and could not find it (4.2.2 build # JDQ39. Can you help or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Hey Wug, I have successfully unlocked and installed TWRP recovery, however, in the process I am booted into TWRP by the toolkit and then I just get stuck on "Waiting for your device to reboot." I turned on airplane mode and I have tried several times, still with no success. My only course of action is to reboot back into the system through TWRP. When I am rebooted, the rootkit prompts me to enable superuser and update my binaries, yet superuser is not in my app drawer. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. :)

^^^This^^^
Frustrating since it didn't do this last time I rooted. But now I've gone back to stock & locked several times, and everytime I try to root I get this.

djgdroid

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I have been away for awhile and I went to update Nexus Root Toolkit v 1.5.1 but when I click on update, it gets to about 1 percent and hangs. Actually it tries to update to v1.5.2 and the latest is 1.6.3. I went to your site and tried to download the file directly and thru the mirror sites but my antivirus keeps blocking it. How can I get the update?

flush_305

May 1, 2013
Visit site

i find 2 malicious in the app !!!!!
check multi engine antivirus scaner
virustotal.com
metascan-online.com

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

^^^This^^^
Frustrating since it didn't do this last time I rooted. But now I've gone back to stock & locked several times, and everytime I try to root I get this.
I downloaded SuperSU from the playstore when that happened to me and it worked fine.

slave2theaxe

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

^^^This^^^

*UPDATE*
I found that by choosing the "Any build" option for my device and then attempting to root I was able to get through the whole process.

I'm rooted and ROM'd again and loving life. I love the stock Android experience but I was missing some of the little tweaks that MMuzzy added. Life is good once again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon