I DID IT. Now I am terrified.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Another follow up for you experts...

After I flash a ROM and if there are problems, I am told to reboot to recovery and restore my backup. However, after erasing data before flashing, does the recovery app get removed, too (rom manager/clockworkmod)? I understand that my backups are not deleted, but what about the app?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes wiping data will remove all apps including ROM Manager... go back into the market and download it again... your backups will still be saved in the clockworkmod folder on the phones storage. You just need to get the app back.

What I do after flashing a ROM is... sign in.. go to the market... and download Titanium Backup... then restore my apps + app data. Same thing goes for if you're using MyBackup Pro.

Reactions: xweb10

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For frequent flashers the usual sequence is to download Titanium backup and restore critical apps. That way your user data comes back, is quicker, you can ensure apps are stable on new build, and I sometimes am on to flashing something else before I even use half the apps.

As time goes on and I need more apps I just restore them from TiBu with all their previous information like high scores or preferences. Just make sure you have current nandroid backups as well as TiBu backups.

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
so there is a difference between a nandroid backup and using titanium backups .... can anyone point me in a direction to do a nandroid backup? i unlocked/rooted last nite and set up everything the way i wanted to today and id like to make a backup of everything the way it is now ive done the Tbu and even synced it to the clould but im not sure of a nandroid TY

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes wiping data will remove all apps including ROM Manager... go back into the market and download it again... your backups will still be saved in the clockworkmod folder on the phones storage. You just need to get the app back.

What I do after flashing a ROM is... sign in.. go to the market... and download Titanium Backup... then restore my apps + app data. Same thing goes for if you're using MyBackup Pro.

Thanks. Why use titanium backup if all my apps will just re-download from the app market? For settings and such?

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Why use titanium backup if all my apps will just re-download from the app market? For settings and such?

It will back up your data for those apps as well such as settings and such so your apps will be exactly like they were before you flashed. It's also just faster to restore apps using TiB rather than get them from the market.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Do I cancel the market download ASAP after flashing so there is no overlap on app recovery?

After you flash and while going through setup, you can uncheck the box that asked if you want to restore apps and then you shouldn't have to worry about things automatically downloading from the market.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
One more question (for now!): I am most interested in backing up my email settings. I have an exchange account and imap account setup. What do I need to backup with TB to be able to restore these?

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
One more question (for now!): I am most interested in backing up my email settings. I have an exchange account and imap account setup. What do I need to backup with TB to be able to restore these?

When you open up TiB it lists all the apps on your phone that you have installed. Backup apps+app data for the email program you are using. If you do a batch backup you can backup every app and its data on your phone in one shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez