Redemption ROM

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
How does this 4.0.4 compare to the official 4.0.4? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I believe that it is based on the AOSP release of 4.0.4, which was released by Google a month or two ago. Lou simply took that code, added the bits and bobs to make CDMA work (such as radios, etc.)

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
How does this 4.0.4 compare to the official 4.0.4? Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I am interested in that too.
I am running RR 1.3, 4.0.4 IMM76D, the official is IMM76K, not sure what that means.

I sure hope Lou continues to dev this ROM, it's outstanding! I rooted my GNEX this past Monday (first time ever), because of this ROM, exactly what I wanted in a rom.

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to remove the google search bar? i've been able to remove it with other roms but havent found a way with this rom

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing with RR for the last 3 days, and here are my thoughts;

The author of this rom should be given a job at Samsung immediately. Silky smooth and amazing battery life. I literally had it running for 1 day and 7 hours off the charger with moderate use (a few calls, chrome browsing, an hour of bluetooth audio, words with friends), and it still had 7% when I gave in to my phone's cries for substance (this was with the Verizon extended batt).

The only thing I really miss from the more feature rich roms is that this rom doesn't share bluetooth track information.

I'm conflicted as I really don't use 90% of the features in CM9 or AOKP, and I'm getting spoiled with how responsive my phone is now.

Anyone else using this?

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am in agreement, VERY please with this "focused" rom, performance and stability is all I wanted, and I have it with RR 1.3.

I am hoping Lou will take the IMM76K and update RR. Very happy with my GNEX and RR 1.3

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I am in agreement, VERY please with this "focused" rom, performance and stability is all I wanted, and I have it with RR 1.3.

I am hoping Lou will take the IMM76K and update RR. Very happy with my GNEX and RR 1.3

I'm hoping so, too. Still, pretty happy with this.

Have you guys heard of Redemption Revolution? That was his second Galaxy Nexus project, which was to base it off of CM for the extra features and such, but then take CM and focus on speed and battery and stability, like RRom. Pretty excited for this... I don't use all of the features of AOKP or CM, but some of them do come in handy from time to time.

rebretz000

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Are the GAPPS built into 1.3? I know this is a stupid question. I assume they are since it doesn't mention anywhere you need them.
Also after I factory reset and wipe, I flash redemption, do I flash blue theme zip and then reboot or reboot first after i install the rom and then flash the theme?
I am still learning. Only been a free man for less than a week and still feel like a kid in a candy store.
Using Liquidsmooth 1.4 right now with lean kernel. Its very enjoyable. Battery life alot better than with a franco kernel. ofcourse I may not have the best set up.

rebretz000

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to plug my little review on the AC frontpage: http://www.androidcentral.com/redemption-rom-galaxy-nexus-rom-review

:) I like it. And I think that others would too. However, I'm getting to the point that I'm not sure as to whether or not it will continue to be actively developed... He's been very quiet for quite a while now. Anyone have any info?

4 days ago, Lou tweeted that he's working on a new verision of Redemption ROM using the Toro edition of 4.0.4.

Killbot25

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone flashed the Blackout theme yet? I did the blue theme, and tried the blackout theme thinking it would do the same thing, but black. Alas when I flashed the blackout theme, nothing changed at all. Did something go wrong? Or am I missing something? I'm running v1.3, btw.

I JUST rooted my phone about a couple of weeks ago, and this is my first rom. I'm just playing around with my phone and trying to find a cool theme, so if you guys show me any other themes, that'd be cool, =)