1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Offical Galaxy Nexus Overclocking Results.

This is a work in progress. This will be a database of overclocks people are running as well as some info regarding rom, kernel etc.

Goal of this thread is to provide a database of what rom and kernel combinations people are running as well as there overclocks they are getting.

Rom:

Kernel Version:

Max Overclock:

Notes "Any issues regarding crashing, reboots etc.":

CF-Bench and Antutu Benchmark screenshots:

Rom: AXIOM 2.4

Kernel Version: 3.0.14-g8e0f3bc-dirty Fab@Apex#3

Max Overclock: 1.35ghz

Notes: None phone runs stable and with on demand i did not notice a impact in battery live vs stock clocks. However set on performance i did see a slight decrease in battery life felt like my extended battery was my stock battery and my phone was at stock clocks. Have not experienced any issues why running this overclock for about 2 days now. One day my phone was set to performance for 24 hours and then switched to on demand.

Screen shot is a Antutu run at 1.35ghz. Phone was not rebooted so apps were running in the background as well as getting some text messages during the run. Still not bad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Offical Galaxy Nexus Overclocking Results.-screenshot_2012-01-09-19-23-34.jpg  
    Last edited by bignaz; 01-14-2012 at 08:59 PM.

ROM
    DarkAOSP v3.0.0

Default Re: Offical Galaxy Nexus Overclocking Results.

Rom: AXI0M 2.3

Kernel Version: 3.0.14-imoseyon-1.2.2exp2-gd2d82e8-dirty imoseyon@ubuntu #143

Notes: I tried 1.42ghz and the phone would lag horribly, but it is stable and smooth at 1.35ghz. I have ZRAM enabled if that matters at all. Running the interactiveX governor since it gives me better battery life. No random reboots, freezing, or any other undesirable behavior. The phone is also undervolted to help with battery life (consistently getting 13-15 hours on the battery with some time to spare under moderate to heavy use and screen time over 3 hours). Overall the phone is fast and smooth even after being overclocked for around a week now. I am reluctant to change ROMs because this works so well, but I will probably change it.

Here are my benchmarks between CF bench and Antutu. CF bench gives more consistent numbers than antutu which is all over the place for me.

Last edited by chevyguy8893; 01-28-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Here are two of mine

Last edited by thebizz; 01-14-2012 at 03:30 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Rom: CodenameDroid-(Mod)-1.0.1-GN-CDMA

Kernel Version: 3.0.16 gtmartin@gtmartins-Mac-Pro#1

Runs smooth. Getting better numbers in bench marks. This was just the first run i'll do some more and post a average as well as high and low. Seems like a good combo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Offical Galaxy Nexus Overclocking Results.-screenshot_2012-01-11-23-17-13.jpg   Offical Galaxy Nexus Overclocking Results.-screenshot_2012-01-14-09-53-23.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Rom: CodenameDroid-(MOD)-1.1.1-GN-CDMA

Kernel Version: 3.0.16-rc1-franco.Kernel-nightly-10

Notes. Nice and snappy combo. Awesome battery life and turns the phone into a beast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Offical Galaxy Nexus Overclocking Results.-screenshot_2012-01-19-18-18-47.jpg  
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Here is mine running inferno 512

And one more just because
    Last edited by thebizz; 01-23-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    Rooted for life

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Every time I run AnTuTu, I get a different score. I was around 6200 yesterday. Now, I am in the low 4000's, with the ram and CPU Integer being the main culprit. I haven't changed anything since yesterday. Tried running with different governors and speeds with no luck.

I'm noticing a trend here...speed-wise. :-)

Sent from Tapatalk HD - iPad

ROM
    DarkAOSP v3.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Here is mine running inferno 512

And one more just because
    I just switched over to this kernel and it seems to be working really well so far. It seems so much smoother than other kernels I have used. How is it working for you since you have been running it a little bit longer?
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Its been running great for me run my phone on conservative with it set to 1200 Max .
    Rooted for life

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

I started all over with AOKP #21 and Franco 14.4. It looks like my device is back where it should be now.
    These are the highest scores yet for my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Offical Galaxy Nexus Overclocking Results.-uploadfromtaptalk1327782379810.jpg  
    Last edited by Nakrohtap; 01-28-2012 at 02:36 PM.

ROM
    DarkAOSP v3.0.0

Here's my new setup running Foxhound ROM with trinity inferno 512 (which I love now that I have ran it for a while) set on conservative maxed at 1350.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Offical Galaxy Nexus Overclocking Results.-screenshot_2012-01-28-14-45-56.jpg   Offical Galaxy Nexus Overclocking Results.-screenshot_2012-01-28-14-47-01.jpg   Offical Galaxy Nexus Overclocking Results.-screenshot_2012-01-28-14-52-12.jpg