Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

ROM
    Rascream + Trinity kernel

Quote Originally Posted by chevyguy8893 View Post
    I just installed this ROM a few hours ago, gotta say it is very smooth. I really like all the options for mods without needing to flash separate mods. I changed the kernel over to JDkernel Nightlies based off of the reviews and the updater that comes with it (even though it isn't working right now). I would say it is just as good, if not better than the AXI0M ROM. I will have to see how it is for the long run with battery life with the same settings and usage.
    How is the JD kernel working for you so far on Codename? I just switched to it and the phone definitely feels faster.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

Default re: [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.1.1 [Full Open Source]

What's the status on tethering with this ROM? Do I still need WIFI-Tether?

ROM
    DarkAOSP v3.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChargedJ View Post
    How is the JD kernel working for you so far on Codename? I just switched to it and the phone definitely feels faster.

I ran the JD Kernel for a couple hours (it was fine for the first hour), but I started having issues with lag randomly. Rebooting and trying different settings didn't help any so I switched to Franco's Nightly #12. It may just be my phone not reacting well to it for whatever reason, but I am happy with franco's kernel so far as a replacement. The app he has in the market is nice since it allows for screen color changes, and other nice features for the kernel.

ROM

Originally Posted by SuperChargedJ<br />
    How is the JD kernel working for you so far on Codename? I just switched to it and the phone definitely feels faster. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I ran the JD Kernel for a couple hours (it was fine for the first hour), but I started having issues with lag randomly. Rebooting and trying different settings didn't help any so I switched to Franco's Nightly #12. It may just be my phone not reacting well to it for whatever reason, but I am happy with franco's kernel so far as a replacement. The app he has in the market is nice since it allows for screen color changes, and other nice features for the kernel.
    Thanks for the input. While my phone is definitely faster, I can see the battery draining quicker also. I've only had the new kernel for a little while so I'll report back how it does after it settles in.

ROM
    DarkAOSP v3.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChargedJ View Post
    Thanks for the input. While my phone is definitely faster, I can see the battery draining quicker also. I've only had the new kernel for a little while so I'll report back how it does after it settles in.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing on mine. It was a whole lot faster than on my previous ROM/ kernel setup. I'm curious to see how yours turns out with battery life. I hope my battery improves, I like this ROM too much to switch to something else.

ROM

Favorite kernel galaxy nexusYeah, I noticed the same thing on mine. It was a whole lot faster than on my previous ROM/ kernel setup. I'm curious to see how yours turns out with battery life. I hope my battery improves, I like this ROM too much to switch to something else.
    The combination of Axiom and his stock kernel was amazing. After calibrating the battery, it seemed as though my battery barely decreased hour after hour. However, I noticed lag and force closures. Hopefully all goes well or I may test Franco's kernel next.

EDIT: Changed the kernel to Franco but for no other reason other than preference. I didn't have any issues with the JD kernel.
    Last edited by SuperChargedJ; 01-12-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Just finished flashing this last night and restored apps from back up with data (not system apps) and like it....

I was so nervous but it's easier then doing the bootloader unlock!
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Alarm issues? Anyone having them? First night set it and the next day it didn't go off and the icon was missing. Had it set up to show the clock screen. Last night removed the eye candy set my alarm icon was there. Woke up to no alarm and the screen would not turn on. My notification light was blinking for something but had to pull the battery to get the screen back. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    Alarm issues? Anyone having them? First night set it and the next day it didn't go off and the icon was missing. Had it set up to show the clock screen. Last night removed the eye candy set my alarm icon was there. Woke up to no alarm and the screen would not turn on. My notification light was blinking for something but had to pull the battery to get the screen back. Weird.

Ran into this issue about a week ago when I was under clocking my proc. I since have left the under clocking alone since I have a 1 hour commute if I hit the window correctly and 1.5 hour if I dont so for my sanity I have to leave it be for now. What this has to do with each other I dont know but it happened twice and was able to reproduce. Also I was using setcpu to do this but since dont have it installed right now.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by milesmcever View Post
    Ran into this issue about a week ago when I was under clocking my proc. I since have left the under clocking alone since I have a 1 hour commute if I hit the window correctly and 1.5 hour if I dont so for my sanity I have to leave it be for now. What this has to do with each other I dont know but it happened twice and was able to reproduce. Also I was using setcpu to do this but since dont have it installed right now.
    That is strange. I haven't touched any settings to over/under clock. Love this rom but I need to go to work.

I had no issues this morning. Alarm went off like always. I'm running this ROM with Franco's 12 kernel and my alarm is Alarm Plus.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I have removed the alarm icon in the settings and didn't have any problems with my alarm this morning.

I'm not using the clock widget at all.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I didn't remove anything and set the alarm to go off at 9:30 and it did...very feint sound though...would never wake my pathetic but up.....

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Can someone tell me where to find the md5 numbers for gapps and 1.0.1 so I can verify a good download before I continue? I saw a guy said his all checked out...just wondering where gee find the number to compare with.....thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TMFGO45 View Post
    Can someone tell me where to find the md5 numbers for gapps and 1.0.1 so I can verify a good download before I continue? I saw a guy said his all checked out...just wondering where gee find the number to compare with.....thanks

1.0.1 is 4429AE90AB94995CE1FC81AC18F264F8

gapps is 4198D4808DC7CA3AFC371EA3C19624B6
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!

ROM

No, mine went off this morning at the time I scheduled it.

fyi - The Franco 12 nightly feels faster with this ROM than the 11 if you haven't updated.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Very strange I set it for a minute from now and it worked. Maybe I was just sleeping. Been working long hours and getting 5 hours sleep Max. I'll do some more tests. Thanks for the feedback.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

If you feel like using a diff program maybe, I've been using Alarm Klock from the market for the last few months.. Works great and has some nice options, such as setting the alarm volume to slowly increase over any time length you choose. Had to use it on the Bionic when a ROM I was on took out the stock alarm clock and I haven't looked back
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

This ROM looks really similar to AOKP and actually kangs alot of the features of AOKP. I'm running AOKP right now and will try this one out too. Anybody who has ran both...which one you like better?

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by drewman24seven View Post
    fyi - The Franco 12 nightly feels faster with this ROM than the 11 if you haven't updated.
    I definitely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    First off I didn't have anything to do with making this ROM I'm just posting it here for the convenience of AC members.

Can you link back to an original thread by the developer so we know where to go for support/updates?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

I'm all flashed up with this ROM, and I'm loving it. But here are some questions...

Anybody getting a force close with superuser checking for an update?

Does the stock kernel flash with the rom flash? Is everyone feeling franco 12 is the way to go? Can you mess with cpu using that kernel?

Is there an app, or something that will remember homescreen setups, so after a flash and TiBu restore, I can just restore the homescreen and I'm good to go?

I'm loving this so far....and this is my first ever ROM, perhaps my last!

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by rlb81 View Post
    Can you link back to an original thread by the developer so we know where to go for support/updates?

Thanks!
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast