[ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.5 [Full Open Source]

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Lol not really.. franco has an app in the market that you can use to download his nightlies.. I personally don't like ROM Manager and recommend people to not use it, but if it makes things easier for you then go ahead.

To answer your other question: System data is a NO NO when moving to a different ROM, because in a nutshell, your moving to a different system, lol. Old data in a new system can cause problems. Then later when you have an issue, you could potentially wind up sending a developer sifting through millions of lines of code looking for a bug that doesn't exist if you hadn't brought old data into a new flash :)

So for compete classification, in TiBu, only do a batch backup of user apps (assuming this brings user app data with it), then after flashing the ROM, restore user apps, and all with be fine and daddy?

And while I'm still here, this can all be done without a computer...correct?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
re: [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.1.1 [Full Open Source]

Some other things I like to do to "pick up the pace" after a fresh flash: In settings>developer options, its good to check Force GPU rendering, then I like to change both Window animation scale and Transition animation scale from their default 1x to .5x.. makes everything seem much zippier :)

Thanks for the tip, I did the .5x animations, and man does that make so many things snappy :) I also enabled force GPU, what does that do in every day phone use ?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So for compete classification, in TiBu, only do a batch backup of user apps (assuming this brings user app data with it), then after flashing the ROM, restore user apps, and all with be fine and daddy?

And while I'm still here, this can all be done without a computer...correct?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mostly yes. For games and stuff with annoying settings to redo, alright. But overall try to minimize the number of apps you restore with data. Also apps that sync, ie facebook and twitter and stuff that syncs, its usually a better idea to just redownload and set them up again. In TiBu after hitting batch restore apps with data, you can select at the top to just restore the app without data. I do that for a number of apps, and you can deselect all and just manually pick what you want to restore with TiBu. Some people will tell you otherwise, but i think if you want to minimize the chance of issues you should follow that advice and try not to restore toooo much data :)

Sent from my Th3orized Galaxy Nexus

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, I did the .5x animations, and man does that make so many things snappy :) I also enabled force GPU, what does that do in every day phone use ?

Glad to hear! And idk it makes it snappier lol I just do it :)

Sent from my Th3orized Galaxy Nexus

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

OK, I know benchmarks are crap, blah, blah, blah. But I ran quadrant scores before and after flashing franco's 12. Before was always under 2100, after is 3040 to 3156. Most importantly, this thing feels fast! I also read (maybe around page 99) in the Rootz site for this ROM that they are going to be using franco's kernel in the next update.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

OK, I know benchmarks are crap, blah, blah, blah. But I ran quadrant scores before and after flashing franco's 12. Before was always under 2100, after is 3040 to 3156. Most importantly, this thing feels fast! I also read (maybe around page 99) in the Rootz site for this ROM that they are going to be using franco's kernel in the next update.

Nice glad you are enjoying it, big difference right? :)

And yeah benchmarks are 100% crap :p

EDIT: If you didn't already, I strongly recommend pay the dollar whatever for his app... when you have it open and go to kernel settings, check enable hotplug. Your battery will love you!

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
From what I've read at from other forums that My Verizon works among other Verizon app except NFL mobile :(

I've tried this multiple times, including multiple reflashing of the ROM. My Verizon appears to work only for me in WiFi mode, where I have to manually enter my phone number and account password. Over 3G, fail. Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Nice glad you are enjoying it, big difference right? :)

And yeah benchmarks are 100% crap :p

EDIT: If you didn't already, I strongly recommend pay the dollar whatever for his app... when you have it open and go to kernel settings, check enable hotplug. Your battery will love you!

You really can tell a difference... Thanks for your help and I will get his app.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I personally don't like ROM Manager and recommend people to not use it, but if it makes things easier for you then go ahead.

Just want to say about rom manager on this phone is working fine. Yeah I know its for sissies and the manly way is to do it manually. But I have flashed many a mod, nandroid backups and restores, and even did whole rom flashes and they all went through seamlessly. I also have the latest beta 5 touch cwm installed and it works fine with rom manager.

On my 2 previous phones, the fascinate and charge RM was definitely not working at all. So maybe it has turned ppl off to this app. I still wouldn't download any roms or mods with it as they are mostly outdated stuff..best to get them fresh from the forums but all the rest of the functions of RM work fine.

I know the manual way is great but RM is so automated. By that I mean no navigating the cwm, even though the new touch cwm is a pleasure to use. When you flash a rom and tell it to wipe dalvik, cache and data...it just does it and reboots and there is no intervention involved.

It always is best to learn the manual way first. I guess I'm a bit lazy. :p

Sorry to go off topic...

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I just installed this ROM a few hours ago, gotta say it is very smooth. I really like all the options for mods without needing to flash separate mods. I changed the kernel over to JDkernel Nightlies based off of the reviews and the updater that comes with it (even though it isn't working right now). I would say it is just as good, if not better than the AXI0M ROM. I will have to see how it is for the long run with battery life with the same settings and usage.

How is the JD kernel working for you so far on Codename? I just switched to it and the phone definitely feels faster.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

What's the status on tethering with this ROM? Do I still need WIFI-Tether?

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

How is the JD kernel working for you so far on Codename? I just switched to it and the phone definitely feels faster.

I ran the JD Kernel for a couple hours (it was fine for the first hour), but I started having issues with lag randomly. Rebooting and trying different settings didn't help any so I switched to Franco's Nightly #12. It may just be my phone not reacting well to it for whatever reason, but I am happy with franco's kernel so far as a replacement. The app he has in the market is nice since it allows for screen color changes, and other nice features for the kernel.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by SuperChargedJ<br />
How is the JD kernel working for you so far on Codename? I just switched to it and the phone definitely feels faster. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I ran the JD Kernel for a couple hours (it was fine for the first hour), but I started having issues with lag randomly. Rebooting and trying different settings didn't help any so I switched to Franco's Nightly #12. It may just be my phone not reacting well to it for whatever reason, but I am happy with franco's kernel so far as a replacement. The app he has in the market is nice since it allows for screen color changes, and other nice features for the kernel.

Thanks for the input. While my phone is definitely faster, I can see the battery draining quicker also. I've only had the new kernel for a little while so I'll report back how it does after it settles in.

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the input. While my phone is definitely faster, I can see the battery draining quicker also. I've only had the new kernel for a little while so I'll report back how it does after it settles in.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing on mine. It was a whole lot faster than on my previous ROM/ kernel setup. I'm curious to see how yours turns out with battery life. I hope my battery improves, I like this ROM too much to switch to something else.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Favorite kernel galaxy nexusYeah, I noticed the same thing on mine. It was a whole lot faster than on my previous ROM/ kernel setup. I'm curious to see how yours turns out with battery life. I hope my battery improves, I like this ROM too much to switch to something else.

The combination of Axiom and his stock kernel was amazing. After calibrating the battery, it seemed as though my battery barely decreased hour after hour. However, I noticed lag and force closures. Hopefully all goes well or I may test Franco's kernel next.

EDIT: Changed the kernel to Franco but for no other reason other than preference. I didn't have any issues with the JD kernel.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Just finished flashing this last night and restored apps from back up with data (not system apps) and like it....

I was so nervous but it's easier then doing the bootloader unlock!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Alarm issues? Anyone having them? First night set it and the next day it didn't go off and the icon was missing. Had it set up to show the clock screen. Last night removed the eye candy set my alarm icon was there. Woke up to no alarm and the screen would not turn on. My notification light was blinking for something but had to pull the battery to get the screen back. Weird.

milesmcever

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site

Alarm issues? Anyone having them? First night set it and the next day it didn't go off and the icon was missing. Had it set up to show the clock screen. Last night removed the eye candy set my alarm icon was there. Woke up to no alarm and the screen would not turn on. My notification light was blinking for something but had to pull the battery to get the screen back. Weird.

Ran into this issue about a week ago when I was under clocking my proc. I since have left the under clocking alone since I have a 1 hour commute if I hit the window correctly and 1.5 hour if I dont so for my sanity I have to leave it be for now. What this has to do with each other I dont know but it happened twice and was able to reproduce. Also I was using setcpu to do this but since dont have it installed right now.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ran into this issue about a week ago when I was under clocking my proc. I since have left the under clocking alone since I have a 1 hour commute if I hit the window correctly and 1.5 hour if I dont so for my sanity I have to leave it be for now. What this has to do with each other I dont know but it happened twice and was able to reproduce. Also I was using setcpu to do this but since dont have it installed right now.

That is strange. I haven't touched any settings to over/under clock. Love this rom but I need to go to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc