[ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.5.5 [Full Open Source]

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Is nova launcher a home replacement? I don't really want to do that, less things running the better I feel. But if it is something else entirely, maybe I will go that route?

Also, that superuser fixer app didn't work, but I did fix the problem. Looks like there was an update to superuser in the market that it wasn't letting me in on.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

Nova is completely built off the stock ICS launcher but with more options, such as backup/restore, ability to remove the search bar, and customize number of homescreens, and much more. Once you run it you won't go back. Search for the flashable zip of it here or on xda.
:)

Sent from my GalaxyNexus

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Nova is completely built off the stock ICS launcher but with more options, such as backup/restore, ability to remove the search bar, and customize number of homescreens, and much more. Once you run it you won't go back. Search for the flashable zip of it here or on xda.
:)

Sent from my GalaxyNexus

Okay I will go ahead and give it a shot. Since it is a flashable zip, I'm assuming I install it in recovery? Also, is there a zip with the stock launcher if I'm not happy with it?

So I'm gathering then that nova isn't something that just runs over top the stock launcher, it literally replaces it with the install?

Something else I was wondering. Should I wipe battery stats now since I flashed this ROM? And if I should, can I do it at whatever charge I'm at, or be fully charged then drain completely?

Lastly, anytime I flash something, wipe dalvik and cache, every time?

I think that's shall the questions I can come up with. I should be well versed in flashing ROM's after this....

Thanks everybody.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
re: [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.1.1 [Full Open Source]

Okay I will go ahead and give it a shot. Since it is a flashable zip, I'm assuming I install it in recovery? Also, is there a zip with the stock launcher if I'm not happy with it?

So I'm gathering then that nova isn't something that just runs over top the stock launcher, it literally replaces it with the install?

Something else I was wondering. Should I wipe battery stats now since I flashed this ROM? And if I should, can I do it at whatever charge I'm at, or be fully charged then drain completely?

I think that's shall the questions I can come up with. I should be well versed in flashing ROM's after this....

Thanks everybody.

You can also just take the Nova apk and drop it in the /system/app folder. That's what I always do. I just keep a copy on my sd card and drop it in there after flashing ROM's. You won't lose your existing launcher and Nova actually has an option in there to switch back and forth if you like. If you don't want to use Nova anymore just delete it from you /system/app folder. Also technically you don't have to run it as a system app. You could install it like any other APK, you just wouldn't have widgets in the app drawer.

Its good practice to either flash ROM when fully charged or wipe batt stats when fully charged. I'm still not convinced it actually helps battery life or reporting an any way.

You should wipe dalvik and cache whenever you flash something just to be safe..it certainly doesn't hurt anything. The only time you have to wipe data as well is when going from one ROM to ROM.

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks everybody.

Yeah install it in recovery, wipe cache and dalvik. There is actually a zip that you flash to uninstall it if you choose to as well. It won't "replace" whatever launcher your ROM came with off the bat, every time you hit home you'll have a choice, until you make it default. At that point I recommend freezing with TiBu the launcher that came with the rom, "CNLauncher" or something like that in this case. Otherwise you may get some random force closes.

If you want to calibrate your batt, charge to 100 %, then wipe battery stats, then reboot unplug and let the phone die out completely, whether using it normally or just trying to drain it. Then charge it to capacity again. It's a good idea to do that after every ROM flash but not mandatory, lol. Also if you flash a rom at 100% you don't need to wipe them.

And finally, yeah anytime you flash a mod, or kernel or anything besides a rom its a good idea to wipe cache and dalvik :)

Sent from my GalaxyNexus

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

WOW.....this ROM is great!!

have this going with Franco's Kernel #12 and Nova launcher and i could not be happier with this phone right now.

Speed, customization and functionality is just awesom!

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Just flashed Franco's 12. Seems to be working great.

You notice anything wrong with the colors like blue tint or anything? I saw people discussing it on Franco 12 in another forum

Josh515

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed this ROM, it works great! I've already noticed improvements in speed and smoothness, and the level of customization is really nice. I overclocked it and (obviously) it runs even faster, which is really nice but I don't think it is necessary. Why did I wait so long to start flashing ROMs?

chevyguy8893

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

You notice anything wrong with the colors like blue tint or anything? I saw people discussing it on Franco 12 in another forum

I had this problem, but getting his app allows you to change screen color settings and some other good stuff (I sound like I am trying to sell it, but I am not intentionally doing that). It took me a bit to get it set to where the colors looked right, but now the colors look really nice.

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I've tried this multiple times, including multiple reflashing of the ROM. My Verizon appears to work only for me in WiFi mode, where I have to manually enter my phone number and account password. Over 3G, fail. Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Here is a link to the Verizon patch that will fix the My Verizon, NFL and Visual Voicemail issues. Flashed it and works like a charm!

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/14735-[ROM][AOSP][4.0.3]-Codename-Android-1.0.1-[Fully-Open-Source][HOT]#entry378708

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I'll be honest, I'm a big fan of webOS (and it's potential) and I was a little disappointed with ICS at first (and I've taken a lot of crap from some Android fans for saying as much), but this ROM is pretty close to meeting my expectations!!! I'm very happy with the Galaxy Nexus now!

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Guess there is update coming soon per codenameandroid's twitter. Was just getting ready to flash this. Guess I will hold off

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Guess there is update coming soon per codenameandroid's twitter. Was just getting ready to flash this. Guess I will hold off

Yeah, I'd wait. Its very possible the he'll post a file to update you if you are already on 1.0.1.. but personally I like to give fresh installs to things like that, so I think I may do a full wipe and flash the complete updated ROM when he does post it. Not to say its necessary, but I think long-run it minimizes the chance of bugs and gives you a nice, clean install when you wipe completely :)

EDIT: Especially since the twitter message said the update would be out tonight, waiting is prob fine.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I'd wait. Its very possible the he'll post a file to update you if you are already on 1.0.1.. but personally I like to give fresh installs to things like that, so I think I may do a full wipe and flash the complete updated ROM when he does post it. Not to say its necessary, but I think long-run it minimizes the chance of bugs and gives you a nice, clean install when you wipe completely :)

EDIT: Especially since the twitter message said the update would be out tonight, waiting is prob fine.

Yeah I like to do fresh installs myself. Just keeps from having alot headaches later.

Reactions: 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I like to do fresh installs myself. Just keeps from having alot headaches later.

Exactly :) Too many people want to root and flash roms and then whine about doing complete wipes.. once you get good at it it doesn't take long to restore everything you need and do your settings up the way you like... and prevents SO many headaches

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

What's the best way to backup for a reflash? I am successfully running codename 1.0.1 but I had to get everything set up manually again. I did a nandroid backup and a titanium backup prior to flashing it but restoring it caused all sorts of problems. I must have done something wrong. Any ideas?

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

What's the best way to backup for a reflash? I am successfully running codename 1.0.1 but I had to get everything set up manually again. I did a nandroid backup and a titanium backup prior to flashing it but restoring it caused all sorts of problems. I must have done something wrong. Any ideas?

Did you by chance restore everything in TiBu including system data?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz