[ROM] Android Open Kang Project

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
lol just had a SOD. Was downloading 1.0. Have you guys had success? I'm going to wait until I'm home and plugged in before downloading.

when i downloaded the prime key it took about 4 minutes to register that i had paid for - i hit the button to try to get the activation code like a thousand times before it worked.

in the end, i didnt even have to use the code, i guess the payment wwent thru and i had prime.

not sure what SOD is tho - haha

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
when i downloaded the prime key it took about 4 minutes to register that i had paid for - i hit the button to try to get the activation code like a thousand times before it worked.

in the end, i didnt even have to use the code, i guess the payment wwent thru and i had prime.

not sure what SOD is tho - haha

Sleep/screen of Death. Won't turn on without batt pull.

Prolly kernel related though.

Reactions: zero neck

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
just went into the Nova Settings... did a check for updates.. it said 1.0 is available and now in the market. I hit update... instead of taking me to the market it asked if I would like to install the apk... said yes and I now have 1.0 on the phone.. wasn't charged anything.. it just installed right over beta 14 :confused:

Edit... never mind.. its says I have 1.0 but I don't have the prime version. I tried going to gestures and it brought up the pop up to enter the activation key.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sleep/screen of Death.

oh true.

----------

the gesture for voice commands is already really helpful. i have my second and third docks (swipe dock either direction) with just voice command activation, to make it alittle easier to get to, but this far outstrips that method. and less clutter which is nice.

goph_man

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help me by telling me what zip/gapps to download for aokp? I tried to download 1 mirror file but was confused about it and it did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone help me by telling me what zip/gapps to download for aokp? I tried to download 1 mirror file but was confused about it and it did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Can you explain further about "it did not work"? If you used the one on the aokp website should work. Check the md5 also.
When I flashed b25 I used kejar's 404 gapps package and that worked great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

goph_man

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you explain further about "it did not work"? If you used the one on the aokp website should work. Check the md5 also.
When I flashed b25 I used kejar's 404 gapps package and that worked great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

I went on to this website: Build 25 and I downloaded the mirror 1 zip for the cdma galaxy nexus and I also downloaded the gapps at the bottom of the page. When trying to install it however it went into an infinite boot loop. Am I doing something wrong? I just tried installing both through sd card rom first then gapps. Thank you for helping I am still a beginner!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I went on to this website: Build 25 and I downloaded the mirror 1 zip for the cdma galaxy nexus and I also downloaded the gapps at the bottom of the page. When trying to install it however it went into an infinite boot loop. Am I doing something wrong? I just tried installing both through sd card rom first then gapps. Thank you for helping I am still a beginner!

I don't see a cdma one there. Make sure you dl the toro LTE galaxy nexus one. Yeah its cdma but that term isn't listed there. I remember roman mentioning in earlier builds to let it boot when you install the rom, then go back into cwm and install the gapps. It wouldn't hurt to do it that way. Make sure you wipe data and dalvik before the rom flash, but no wipe again before the gapps flash. Check the md5 also. Report back if this helps.

goph_man

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't see a cdma one there. Make sure you dl the toro LTE galaxy nexus one. Yeah its cdma but that term isn't listed there. I remember roman mentioning in earlier builds to let it boot when you install the rom, then go back into cwm and install the gapps. It wouldn't hurt to do it that way. Make sure you wipe data and dalvik before the rom flash, but no wipe again before the gapps flash. Check the md5 also. Report back if this helps.

What do you mean by check the md5 also? And I do believe I downloaded the toro LTE galaxy nexus one last time and installed it first. Is it the mirror 1 file that I need to install, or like all 3 or something? Last time I downloaded the mirror 1 zip and then installed it and then installed gapps is that the correct gapps at the bottom of the page? Thanks again for helping me out!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by check the md5 also?

This long string of numbers on the website in the corresponding file is >>
2b3323df101bc6332084b142b27356db

I hope you have root explorer and you can verify that string if you hit "properties" for the rom file.
Its a file verification thing to make sure the file isn't corrupted in transfer.

There are several apps that you can use also....search the market for md5

goph_man

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
This long string of numbers on the website in the corresponding file is >>
2b3323df101bc6332084b142b27356db

I hope you have root explorer and you can verify that string if you hit "properties" for the rom file.
Its a file verification thing to make sure the file isn't corrupted in transfer.

There are several apps that you can use also....search the market for md5

The only thing that I am worried about though is if it goes into a boot loop again then I will be unable to check the numbers for the corresponding file.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that I am worried about though is if it goes into a boot loop again then I will be unable to check the numbers for the corresponding file.

You should do the check before you install...but in your case might be tough. I don't think I remember a time when md5 didn't check out so you're relatively safe. If you have a nandroid backup it would certainly help get you back.

Just reflash but make sure you WIPE DATA AND DALVIK.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm