[ROM] Android Open Kang Project

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I just throw the mnml theme on.
25 is not bad so far. The hide nav bar thing is not that useful. The separate lockscreeen wallpaper,and quick torch are nice. Could've lived with m3, but 25 is fine.
For sure will wait for m4.
The weekly rom flashes for me is getting a bit old. Maybe I'm old. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I just throw the mnml theme on.
25 is not bad so far. The hide nav bar thing is not that useful. The separate lockscreeen wallpaper,and quick torch are nice. Could've lived with m3, but 25 is fine.
For sure will wait for m4.
The weekly rom flashes for me is getting a bit old. Maybe I'm old. Lol

Because of what you posted, made me wait on B25 until they create a Back/Home option after pressing the Volume or Power button. Any performance differences between this and B24?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Because of what you posted, made me wait on B25 until they create a Back/Home option after pressing the Volume or Power button. Any performance differences between this and B24?

These updates I'm finding out are not earth shattering improvements. I mean they are nice but not must haves.
I came from m3, but honestly every build is buttery smooth.

Reactions: SuperChargedJ

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
These updates I'm finding out are not earth shattering improvements. I mean they are nice but not must haves.
I came from m3, but honestly every build is buttery smooth.

word they're for crack flashers. semi-nightlies.

and the hide nav bar is pretty much useless except for taking prettier screen shots imo.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna stick it out with B24 and probably wait until M4 or a more substantial update. Any recommendations for themes or mods for B24?

I was working with white/unblacked/"ghost" theme - but bgill left for personal reasons, so its being resumed from the source but isnt done yet for builds past 23 ...
basically i have been themeless for a few days - but the themes mclarry and davey posted look good.
personally, i dont like alot of the themes available, usually bc i dont like the icon mods in the status bar, etc.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
word they're for crack flashers. semi-nightlies.

and the hide nav bar is pretty much useless except for taking prettier screen shots imo.

When I first saw the vid teaser on wiki for the nav bar hide mod, I was whoa gimme somadat. Now in actual use, BLEH. You kinda get caught up in all the hype of an upcoming build, and those guys at wiki can whip up a frenzy.
Just gotta tell yourself to calm down I guess. :)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Uh I was bored and well 25 is fine, shoot I went ahead and flashed liquidsmooth beta5. Its kinda nice after I loaded the Negativity theme. The Rom control counterpart on liquid is Liquid Control and its pretty full featured.

Screenshot_2012-02-22-19-23-52.png

I will be going to M4 but in the mean time I will be doing the liquid thing. Just because I can lol
I am a total aokp person, but just seeing whats out there is fun.
All this after saying I'm done with the weekly rom flashes.
Its a sickness I tell you. :p :p :p

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Uh I was bored and well 25 is fine, shoot I went ahead and flashed liquidsmooth beta5. Its kinda nice after I loaded the Negativity theme. The Rom control counterpart on liquid is Liquid Control and its pretty full featured.

Click to view quoted image

I will be going to M4 but in the mean time I will be doing the liquid thing. Just because I can lol
I am a total aokp person, but just seeing whats out there is fun.
All this after saying I'm done with the weekly rom flashes.
Its a sickness I tell you. :p :p :p

is that font default on liquid or part of the theme?
no offense intended, but i couldnt stay sane with that font.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
is that font default on liquid or part of the theme?
no offense intended, but i couldnt stay sane with that font.

It grows on you or me as it were ... its called veggie burger medium.
Its neither in the rom or theme just in my font "rotation" that I change every few days. Theres a font thread which I'm sure you've seen at wiki...got it from there.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
When I first saw the vid teaser on wiki for the nav bar hide mod, I was whoa gimme somadat. Now in actual use, BLEH. You kinda get caught up in all the hype of an upcoming build, and those guys at wiki can whip up a frenzy.
Just gotta tell yourself to calm down I guess. :)

Same here. Was really looking forward to the option to hide the navigation bar, but after trying it out I haven't used it. I do like the new option to replace the signal bars with a dBm value. Unfortunately, it doesn't show the LTE signal properly but I expect that will be fixed soon enough.

I tell myself that I will wait until the next milestone but even I don't believe that. As soon as the next build drops, I'll be flashing it. :D

Sent using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone on AOKP update to the new version of Nova Launcher yet ?
It's out of beta now also in the market .
I just update to the Black Ice version of AOKP havent update my Nova Launcher yet

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone on AOKP update to the new version of Nova Launcher yet ?
It's out of beta now also in the market .
I just update to the Black Ice version of AOKP havent update my Nova Launcher yet

yeah i updated and bought prime for 4 bucks. only difference are gestures. not really worth four dollars but i figured i'd support the guy for the launcher that kills stock.

nice thing about gestures tho - i have swipe up set to voice commands. no more looking for little mic button.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
yeah i updated and bought prime for 4 bucks. only difference are gestures. not really worth four dollars but i figured i'd support the guy for the launcher that kills stock.

nice thing about gestures tho - i have swipe up set to voice commands. no more looking for little mic button.

yup i would have to add funds to my pre paid card before I bought .l only have 65 cents on it currently ha

sent from my Htc Incredible

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
yup i would have to add funds to my pre paid card before I bought .l only have 65 cents on it currently ha

sent from my Htc Incredible

ah true my market is set up to a credit card.

the more i think about it, prime is worth it for me, bc i bet there will be more features eventually, although i have no evidence of this of course. anyway, the gestures are turning out to be pretty useful.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
lol just had a SOD. Was downloading 1.0. Have you guys had success? I'm going to wait until I'm home and plugged in before downloading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech