1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Rom / Franco

Default Best Radios to use on Codename rom

So i updated to codename 1.1.4 and i noticed that my signal bars extremely low in my house I always have full bars. after updating i have 1 bar sometimes no bars!! but i noticed it doesnt effect the phone in terms of sending txts and making phone calls i guess it just bothers me that my bars are low. and this generally has been happening no matter where im at. should i try to update the radios? ive been hearing some people saying that they've been getting "better service" and faster 4g by doing this
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Default Re: Best Radios to use on Codename rom

What does your dbm say?
    The meter on the front is really just a GUI...can't really go by that IMO.

Using the stock kernal and using 1.1.4 my signal has gone up actually. Go figure.

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

You may want to reflash. My signal has been significantly better since flashing to Codename.

I flashed yesterday, and I think my signal may be better as well. My 4G speeds were definitely better.

I thought the rom did not even include the newer radio. If you have not upgraded to 4.03 then you are probably on 4.02. There is a newer bootloader as well. Rom and kernel should not really affect your signal quality. As mentioned above, a fresh flash might be in order.

I have loaded the 4.03 radio and the new bootloader. Can't say I really see a differnce. I really thought we would have a new radio by now.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by ellisz View Post
    I thought the rom did not even include the newer radio. If you have not upgraded to 4.03 then you are probably on 4.02. There is a newer bootloader as well. Rom and kernel should not really affect your signal quality. As mentioned above, a fresh flash might be in order.

I have loaded the 4.03 radio and the new bootloader. Can't say I really see a differnce. I really thought we would have a new radio by now.
    Your right flashing a ROM will have no effect on your radio and from what I've read there isn't a big difference between the radio's as of now.

ROM
    KaosGingerbread (CM7)

Quote Originally Posted by ellisz View Post

Indeed. 4.0.3 radios did appear to improve the handoff between 3G and 4G, but I sometimes still experience some lack of connectivity when my 4G signal is too low.
    sigpic337700_1.gif

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

To be honest, I have not really noticed any difference in the newest radios.