Best 4.03 rom?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
So I'm getting tried of waiting for the update. Thought I would try and flash one of the roms for this phone. Then I starting looking and my god there are so many what is the best? I was thinking of flashing gummy, it has the menu and search buttons I want. Any advice? thanks.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I love Codename. Developer has been quick with updates, reasons why, etc.
It's now at version 1.2.0. Really do like it. Using it with the stock kernel and other than a few reboots (like once a week) no issues.

Reactions: trigun123478

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So I'm getting tried of waiting for the update. Thought I would try and flash one of the roms for this phone. Then I starting looking and my god there are so many what is the best? I was thinking of flashing gummy, it has the menu and search buttons I want. Any advice? thanks.

I love Codename. Developer has been quick with updates, reasons why, etc.
It's now at version 1.2.0. Really do like it. Using it with the stock kernel and other than a few reboots (like once a week) no issues.

+1 for Codename Android. It's what I'm using now as well. It's fast, stable, and is very customizable. I have also heard good things about Rootzboat and Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) but haven't tried them yet.

Reactions: trigun123478

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hmm maybe I will give Codename Android a try. Anyone try gummy? It has the old style menu and search button that I like.

Haven't tried Gummy but codename has the search sift key options and pretty sure the menu too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Vol_Mania

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have tried both Codename and AOKP and you can't go wrong with either one. I have switched between these the past couple of weeks and have been happy with both. My preference of kernels is Franco's. I have gotten 24 hours with 3-4 hours screen time with his kernels.

Geezer Squid

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Another vote for AOKP. I've tried virtually all of them and I keep going back to AOKP as my daily driver. I'm now using the Trinity kernel and battery life has never been better. Keep Awake bug is no longer an issue for me. This thing practically "Flat Lines" when the screen is off.

Good luck.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been rooted-stock since shortly after release day (been busy with school.. like unbelievably so.. and didn't really have time to commit to rom flashing every other day).

However, I jumped on AOKP build 20 a couple days ago and it's awesome.
Using the baked in kernel for now but might try out some others over the weekend.

Haven't updated to 4.03 radio yet but planning to flash tonight.

Love this phone.

rgray

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Gummy is the only from I've trued so far. Its fast and stable and I'm getting 24 hours with light to moderate use

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd say "best" is impossible to answer for anyone other the the person using it. They are all awesome...gummy, bugless, kang, codename. I'm using codename and am very happy with it (never had a random reboot either). One option is to install a ROM, set up your screens, make a nandroid backup of it, then install another one, and another (making nandroid backups of them all). Then you can easily switch between them to see what you like the best.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Redemption rom us been very good for me and great battery life as well. I like simple. I don't use 98%of what some of the other roms have so I go with the more simpler roms .

jcwarren217

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Personally I am enjoying AOKP like many others. Build 21 was just released and is very smooth for me with francos 14.2 kernel.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been running Tranquil Ice for a while now. Updates have been happening every couple of days. Really smooth ROM with a lot of features.

The new Apex was posted last night, I loved Apex on my DX and plan on flashing it soon. Fab is a great dev and addresses issues quickly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2