coming back from brick?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 4, and I just placed an order a a GNex. I had the GNex when it first came out, but due to battery issues, I sent it back and went back to my iPhone.

Now that the community has fixed battery issues with custom ROMs, I just had some questions...

From the looks of things, unlocking and rooting can be done with the Root Tookit...from that point, all I need is ROM Manager.

Here's my concern, if I happen to completely brick my device, is it gone for good? I do NOT know adb and I'm resorting to using tricks that make it easy, such as these forums and the premade applications.

At the end of the day, all I want is a Nexus with the AOKP ROM. Any help or advice is appreciated!

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty hard to brick the device, a true hard brick means the phone is done but most of the time they are only soft bricks and the phone can be restored a number of ways.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ScooberJake

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's my concern, if I happen to completely brick my device, is it gone for good?

If you "completely brick" the device, isn't it kinda ruined by definition?

I don't "know" adb either, but I can type commands that someone else gives me. Unlocked, rooted, flashed Codename. No problems so far!

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't "know" adb either, but I can type commands that someone else gives me. Unlocked, rooted, flashed Codename. No problems so far!

Agreed. You can usually find a method online that is mostly copy and paste. These days, its hard to actually truly brick any device unless you're being really careless, and even then you can come back from just about anything. If you're curious about it, look up how to use Odin to return your phone to stock. It's really useful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae