Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Quote Originally Posted by masterxchief View Post
    So far it looks like I am getting better speeds on 4G. The phone seems faster now but that may just be due to wiping cache/dalvik cache. Umm is there anything that anyone wants me to check specifically?

Just noticed that when I unlock to the camera it opens up right away unlike before where it took forever. Also some little UI changes with the camera app: it shows an icon now on the top left indicating the state of the flash (never noticed it before), the settings icon changed to the new ICS style (used to be the circulate settings thing before i think). The camcorder lets you take a picture by tapping on the screen while recording video ( i think this is new too)
    How's performance overall? Like scrolling between home screens, pitch to zoom in the browser and gallery, app drawer opening/scrolling? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: OTA Update IMM30B 4.04

Quote Originally Posted by elvisgp View Post
    How's performance overall? Like scrolling between home screens, pitch to zoom in the browser and gallery, app drawer opening/scrolling? Thanks.

Feels way faster to me. I was really getting annoyed with all of the lag I had been having with my Nexus but now I am very happy and I didn't even have to do a factory reset.

I have stock everyyhing, is it still the same "jerry" process? I have tried the older methods. Could anyone who was stock tell me how to flash this? Or do have to unlock and/or root?
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Its hard to tell as everyone is somewhere different but did this update help the radio situation? I can flash it on my wifes nexus but a quick work helps as well. I'll wait for a 4.0.4 rom to release. Which probably won't be long.

***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by jsprake1 View Post
    I have stock everyyhing, is it still the same "jerry" process? I have tried the older methods. Could anyone who was stock tell me how to flash this? Or do have to unlock and/or root?
    You have to remain stock for this and enter android recovery to flash it. After a power down you can hold the volume rocker down and press power. Enter android recovery from there.

Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue

so how long until a dev makes this flashable through CWR?

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jsprake1 View Post
    I would like to know this as well. I started a thread at XDA to see if i could get someone to give the rundown. I can boot into stock recovery mode with volume up+Down +power, but no option once in recovery to update. All it says is update /cache

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    You mean CWM, if so,
    It's flash-able, the one I downloaded was zip file, change the name to update, put it in sdcard, then flash using CWM
    Thanked by:

I took the plunge. Applied the update through CWM. Rooted with an unlocked bootloader. No factory reset needed. Officially on 4.0.4 now. Will test it out over the next few days. All I really want is better battery life and more reliable data connection stability.

When you wake the phone up, the light seems to fade in rather than just turning on now.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by TweeterMan View Post
    I took the plunge. Applied the update through CWM. Rooted with an unlocked bootloader. No factory reset needed. Officially on 4.0.4 now. Will test it out over the next few days. All I really want is better battery life and more reliable data connection stability.

When you wake the phone up, the light seems to fade in rather than just turning on now.
    wait...you're unlocked and rooted. And you flashed this in cwm and all is OK?

Snitches get stitches
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Developers don't like when asked for delivery dates but I'm sure all of us are waiting and would like it asap

Snitches get stitches

Quote Originally Posted by vientiane View Post
    You mean CWM, if so,
    It's flash-able, the one I downloaded was zip file, change the name to update, put it in sdcard, then flash using CWM
    Finally got it. Had to downgrade from the leaked radios and installed perfectly.
    Last edited by Premium1; 02-04-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Developers don't like when asked for delivery dates but I'm sure all of us are waiting and would like it asap

Except that is for roms. I am not asking for their rom to include this just a simple zip file to be flashed through CWM

I renamed the file to update.zip and followed Jerry's instructions, yet I am getting an error when I try to flash the zip.

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "toro" || getprop("ro.build.product") =="toro"

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on a fix? I am totally stock. Unlocked the bootloader the first day, no root, no custom radios.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I edited Phil's instructions for applying the update. This is how I did it and it worked. I am on the stock rom with an unlocked bootloader. Hope it helps

The prerequisites:

You need the Android SDK installed. Note the path.
    You need fastboot. (Windows)
    You need to unlock your bootloader. If you haven't done that (and you really should), here's how.
    Download the update here.
    Download the latest ClockWorkmod recovery image from here.

Now, the instructions:

Copy the OTA package above to the /sdcard folder on your Galaxy Nexus
    Drop the ClockworkMod file in the same folder you have fastboot in on your computer in the SDK folder (either /tools or /platform-tools). Rename it to cwm.img to make things easy.
    Reboot your Galaxy Nexus to bootloader mode (hold volume-up and volume-down, then press power).
    Plug your phone into your computer, and open a command prompt or terminal. Navigate to the folder with fastboot and the cwm.img inside it.
    At the command line, type the following: fastboot.exe boot cwm.img
    Use the ClockWorkMod recovery menu to flash a zip file from the SD card, and choose the OTA zip file you downloaded earlier.
    Let things run their course.

Quote Originally Posted by khalid.hart View Post
    I renamed the file to update.zip and followed Jerry's instructions, yet I am getting an error when I try to flash the zip.

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "toro" || getprop("ro.build.product") =="toro"

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on a fix? I am totally stock. Unlocked the bootloader the first day, no root, no custom radios.
    I am getting the same error. Unlocked bootload and rooted. Everything else stock on my Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    Any improvement in signal strenght dbms compaired to before flashing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    My signal seems to be holding better. Before it would fluctuate between 4-2 bars all the time now it seems to stay at 4 bars more. Hopefully this will also help with battery life.

I'm not seeing any difference except it shows an extra bar.
    Mine still shows 4 bars?

Quote Originally Posted by csagona View Post
    I am getting the same error. Unlocked bootload and rooted. Everything else stock on my Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus.
    Make sure you are using the correct CWM. You need recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img. Somehow I used the wrong version. Installed without issue once I used that one, running 4.0.4 now.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Just did the update thru CWM and it worked but according to OTA Rootkeeper I lost root. Still might be worth it if radios are improved.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Think I'll wait for the devs to bake it into a lovely ROM

I am stock everything, locked loader & downloaded the file, renamed to update.zip, powered down & got the Start screen saying it was downloading & stayed there for 20mins. Till I just powered off...what am i doing wrong?
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Bootloader needs to be unlocked I believe.

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 901boy View Post
    I am stock everything, locked loader & downloaded the file, renamed to update.zip, powered down & got the Start screen saying it was downloading & stayed there for 20mins. Till I just powered off...what am i doing wrong?
    You have to go into recovery. Press and hold volume up + down and the power button. Then you'll get an Android with a Red ! Triangle. Press volume up and the power button to bring up the recovery menu. I'm still trying to figure out what to do from there.
    So many phones, so little time.

I edited Phil's instructions for applying the update. This is how I did it and it worked. I am on the stock rom with an unlocked bootloader. Hope it helps

The prerequisites:

You need the Android SDK installed. Note the path.
    You need fastboot. (Windows)
    You need to unlock your bootloader. If you haven't done that (and you really should), here's how.
    Download the update here.
    Download the latest ClockWorkmod recovery image from here.

Now, the instructions:

Copy the OTA package above to the /sdcard folder on your Galaxy Nexus
    Drop the ClockworkMod file in the same folder you have fastboot in on your computer in the SDK folder (either /tools or /platform-tools). Rename it to cwm.img to make things easy.
    Reboot your Galaxy Nexus to bootloader mode (hold volume-up and volume-down, then press power).
    Plug your phone into your computer, and open a command prompt or terminal. Navigate to the folder with fastboot and the cwm.img inside it.
    At the command line, type the following: fastboot.exe boot cwm.img
    Use the ClockWorkMod recovery menu to flash a zip file from the SD card, and choose the OTA zip file you downloaded earlier.
    Let things run their course.
    For those wondering what I did to make it work, that's exactly it. I was also rooted, dunno if OP was. Seems to also not matter if you boot into the regular or the touch CWM.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast