OTA Update IMM30B 4.04

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
How is it that we have to be unlocked and rooted, when the update goes out ota it will install without being unlocked and rooted?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

You don't need to be unlocked and rooted if you just install the ota update in the OP.
If you want to install the full 4.04 rom that I linked to over at xda on page 9, then you need to be.

stoneynumbnuts

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I been running for the last fe hours..off hand the ringtone volume didnt change for me, still need Volume +

Same here... I really don't see much if any improvements from 4.02. Reception seems the same, volumes are still low. Other than being a little bit snappier I see no major improvements. Disappointed. : (

TweeterMan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Installed the aforementioned 4.0.4 with Superuser preinstalled. Worked without a factory reset, but I did wipe the cache and dalvik. Have root access back, but yeah my baseband is still at .09.

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I finally turned off my wifi and let me say that in my bonus room in my home where I once had 2 bars of 3g, I now am getting a full 4 bars in 4gLTE...this is promising

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to tier 2 technical support at VZW and he told me not to expect an official 4.0.4 OTA update in February. He said that he has already flashed the 4.0.3 to his phone and was planning on flashing the leaked 4.0.4 when he got off work tonight but that officially, it won't be coming in February.

Reactions: sicario666

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Longtime lurker, first time poster.
Just FYI for everyone, I am not complaining and do appreciate when people post leaked updates, but VZW has not OK'ed 4.0.4 to be pushed officially to anyone yet. So Sean is a great guy for leaking 4.0.4 to all of us, but it wasn't because it was being pushed to him officially.

Thanks Sean, whoever you are, but you for sure aren't some newbie with limited technical experience.

bmidd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to tier 2 technical support at VZW and he told me not to expect an official 4.0.4 OTA update in February. He said that he has already flashed the 4.0.3 to his phone and was planning on flashing the leaked 4.0.4 when he got off work tonight but that officially, it won't be coming in February.
I guess it matters which Tier 2 support person you talk to. I had a trouble ticket on my phone resolved on Friday morning and was told the update would roll out middle to the end of February.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I guess it matters which Tier 2 support person you talk to. I had a trouble ticket on my phone resolved on Friday morning and was told the update would roll out middle to the end of February.

I am sure it does. Who knows then. I am just reporting what I was told. However no way am I believing "sean" was getting the official 4.0.4 pushed to him.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
The big disappointment lies in reading when the phone first came out that they recognized the signal issue and would update by mid January. I remember reading that they do not work over Christmas. Now hearing mid February at the earliest. Fast updates? Ya, right.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Unofficial Changelog/Feature List

[NOTE]Not sure if this has been posted yet but I found this unofficial changelog/feature list over at XDA.

Thanks to kangxi - xda developers

Remember this is unofficial but the user really seems to be going to great lengths to test this thing out...

[INFO]Unofficial Android 4.0.4 Changelog

Work In Progress. Will update as I discover more:

• Noticeably Faster
  • Android OS bug fixed (in battery stats)
  • Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
  • New Radios. 3G/4G switching MUCH better. Don't even notice it changing.
  • Improved signal strength
  • New Power Menu. New from 4.0.2, familiar to those who have used a stock 4.0.3 rom. Screenshot here
  • PRIMELA03 Bootloader
  • Faster boot up time
  • Auto-brightness Functionality changed. Smooth transition
  • Holding down camera button now refocuses again
  • Multitouch issue seems resolved. Screenshot here
  • Autorotate is faster
  • Browser performance noticeably improved
  • Recent apps list opens faster
  • Miscellaneous camera UI changes
  • Increased volume
  • Keyboard fixes
  • Updated News & Weather app UI
  • Improved quick controls in browser. New when coming from 4.0.2. Present in 4.0.3. Screenshot here (Update: 02/05)

[/INFO][/NOTE]

coolpher

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I have 100 percent stock verizon galaxy nexus locked bootloader not rooted I put the file in the sd card holder renamed it update.zip when I restart my phone holding volume up in volume down plus power select a recovery then once you get to the android with red triangle ivpress volume up and power nothing happens please help

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have 100 percent stock verizon galaxy nexus locked bootloader not rooted I put the file in the sd card holder renamed it update.zip when I restart my phone holding volume up in volume down plus power select a recovery then once you get to the android with red triangle ivpress volume up and power nothing happens please help

This happened when I was attempting to flash my wife's nexus as well. I was a little confused about why I wasn't able to get into the menus. I just did the combo press over and over and I finally got where I needed to be.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
The big disappointment lies in reading when the phone first came out that they recognized the signal issue and would update by mid January. I remember reading that they do not work over Christmas. Now hearing mid February at the earliest. Fast updates? Ya, right.

This same thing has happened over and over with VZWs releases. When the thunderbolt was released. 4g wasn't REALLY ready. Other than signal issues. I've seen or ran into anything else irritating

coolpher

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
This happened when I was attempting to flash my wife's nexus as well. I was a little confused about why I wasn't able to get into the menus. I just did the combo press over and over and I finally got where I needed to be.

okay then I got to the menu I'm the only option was to update from cach how do i get to the update.zip file from there ?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
okay then I got to the menu I'm the only option was to update from cach how do i get to the update.zip file from there ?

I'm having the same problem. I can't get the install from zip option. I'm lost here too. I wanna get my wife on 404 asap

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruchi Chandel