OTA Update IMM30B 4.04

seanmacanally

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Longtime lurker, first time poster..the forum has been an awesome source of info for me, but somehow I think across something new. I've been getting constant prompts on my galaxy nexus for OTA update IMM30B for Android 4.04. (screenshot attached)

Is it possible to stop the update requests or update while maintaining root? I've searched around the forums and the internet, and the only information I've seen ifor IMM30B is for the Nexus S 4G.

Thoughts?

Crumb
------------------------------------------
UPDATE
http://email.mediafire.com/wf/click...-2BBXRv4DRFmw7tzZg-2Bf1sWfGoSCWLzOvuY4Osac-3D

Last edited:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Maintaining root... I highly doubt it. I wasn't even aware of a 4.0.4 update and I'm extremely curious what the update includes. Since many people including myself are having radio problems. If you do decide to accept...please report your findings. I'm sure many here will be thankful

seanmacanally

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
sicario,

I did install, but it just froze during installation with an error. Did a battery pull and luckily it still restarted (no brick) in the same state it was previous to install (4.0.2 ICL53F w/root)

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Are you rooted? If so your nexus won't accept the update. You'd have to unroot then accept.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Castor_troyy

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why some get updates and notifications while others don't. I'm still on 4.0.2. Kind of annoying. But if you try again let us know how it works out! ;p

devgru82

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Longtime lurker, first time poster..the forum has been an awesome source of info for me, but somehow I think across something new. I've been getting constant prompts on my galaxy nexus for OTA update IMM30B for Android 4.04. (screenshot attached)

Is it possible to stop the update requests or update while maintaining root? I've searched around the forums and the internet, and the only information I've seen ifor IMM30B is for the Nexus S 4G.

Thoughts?

Crumb

Interesting....Are you stock rooted and what part of the country are you in?

seanmacanally

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
devgru,

I am stock rooted (used wug rootkit) and in NYC.. sounds like no-one else is getting this notification?
it's annoying the bahjesus out of me!!

devgru82

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
devgru,

I am stock rooted (used wug rootkit) and in NYC.. sounds like no-one else is getting this notification?
it's annoying the bahjesus out of me!!

Did the update already download? If so can you save the file and post it?

It will be under /cache. I've never had a Nexus before now to know what it will be named, but it will be ~29mb.

adb pull /cache/filename.whatever.

Last edited:

seanmacanally

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
yes, i think it was already downloaded, any idea where on the device or SD card it would be? i looked around the folders briefly, but don't really know where to look. or what it would be named..

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
yes, i think it was already downloaded, any idea where on the device or SD card it would be? i looked around the folders briefly, but don't really know where to look. or what it would be named..

Do you have root explorer or a file explorer? I just checked my wife's nexus and there's no update for her either. We're in California.

Reactions: bmderuosi

seanmacanally

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
i use andexplorer

i checked the cache folder and it was empty (screenshots attached). i ensured that hidden files are to be shown.

SD doesn't have a cache folder

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Sean, if your willing to help the community out something you can do is this. (No instructions sorry I'm on my nexus too much to type)
1. Flash back to factory with the img files you can find for stock 2.0.2. Then re root (sorry)
2. Check for updates again.
3. If found, download the update but DONT install.
4. Find the file in your cache or up copy your whole cache folder to your sdcard (if possible)
5. Save to your computer and find the update file or share it with a trusted developer because some cache files could hold personal info.

Just an idea. Thanks

Reactions: dcastillo

devgru82

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
i use andexplorer

i checked the cache folder and it was empty (screenshots attached). i ensured that hidden files are to be shown.

SD doesn't have a cache folder

Are you using a root explorer. I was just told this.
"Tell him/her to use adb shell.

You cannot view cache from an explorer, unless its a root explorer.

adb shell ls /cache"

When I look at cache in my root explorer I have two folders one is recovery and the other is lost+found.