OTA Update IMM30B 4.04

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, seanmacanally... My God, those must've been the most frantic first 9 posts of a user EVER!

It was like he had a chicken tied to his wrists over a pen of hungry alligators and just couldn't quite get it untied to let it go... :)
Yup thats what i was thinking watching it unfold kinda reminded me of when waiting for the froyo OTA(update.zip) on the incredible

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
So far it looks like I am getting better speeds on 4G. The phone seems faster now but that may just be due to wiping cache/dalvik cache. Umm is there anything that anyone wants me to check specifically?

Just noticed that when I unlock to the camera it opens up right away unlike before where it took forever. Also some little UI changes with the camera app: it shows an icon now on the top left indicating the state of the flash (never noticed it before), the settings icon changed to the new ICS style (used to be the circulate settings thing before i think). The camcorder lets you take a picture by tapping on the screen while recording video ( i think this is new too)

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So far it looks like I am getting better speeds on 4G. The phone seems faster now but that may just be due to wiping cache/dalvik cache. Umm is there anything that anyone wants me to check specifically?

Just noticed that when I unlock to the camera it opens up right away unlike before where it took forever.

As far as the camera goes, I believe that was fixed in 4.0.3 because all the ROMS based off of it open quickly to the camera. Does reception seem any better with the new radios? That's my main concern. Also how's volume? Heard it may be better with this update.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Any improvement in signal strenght dbms compaired to before flashing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Just noticed that when I unlock to the camera it opens up right away unlike before where it took forever. Also some little UI changes with the camera app: it shows an icon now on the top left indicating the state of the flash (never noticed it before), the settings icon changed to the new ICS style (used to be the circulate settings thing before i think). The camcorder lets you take a picture by tapping on the screen while recording video ( i think this is new too)

I know for a fact that the video snapshots (tapping the screen while video recording) isn't new. As for the other little changes in the UI it sounds like it's small refinements to the experience.
I'm flashing 4.0.2 stock images to my Nexus right now (decided after a few weeks of running AOKP that custom 4.0.3 ROMs aren't any huge improvements over stock, other than UI tweaks). I might install the 4.0.4 update tonight and see what all the fuss is about though :)

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

How's performance overall? Like scrolling between home screens, pitch to zoom in the browser and gallery, app drawer opening/scrolling? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
How's performance overall? Like scrolling between home screens, pitch to zoom in the browser and gallery, app drawer opening/scrolling? Thanks.

Feels way faster to me. I was really getting annoyed with all of the lag I had been having with my Nexus but now I am very happy and I didn't even have to do a factory reset.

jsprake1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have stock everyyhing, is it still the same "jerry" process? I have tried the older methods. Could anyone who was stock tell me how to flash this? Or do have to unlock and/or root?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Its hard to tell as everyone is somewhere different but did this update help the radio situation? I can flash it on my wifes nexus but a quick work helps as well. I'll wait for a 4.0.4 rom to release. Which probably won't be long.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have stock everyyhing, is it still the same "jerry" process? I have tried the older methods. Could anyone who was stock tell me how to flash this? Or do have to unlock and/or root?

You have to remain stock for this and enter android recovery to flash it. After a power down you can hold the volume rocker down and press power. Enter android recovery from there.

Psosmith82

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I would like to know this as well. I started a thread at XDA to see if i could get someone to give the rundown. I can boot into stock recovery mode with volume up+Down +power, but no option once in recovery to update. All it says is update /cache

TweeterMan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I took the plunge. Applied the update through CWM. Rooted with an unlocked bootloader. No factory reset needed. Officially on 4.0.4 now. Will test it out over the next few days. All I really want is better battery life and more reliable data connection stability.

When you wake the phone up, the light seems to fade in rather than just turning on now.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I took the plunge. Applied the update through CWM. Rooted with an unlocked bootloader. No factory reset needed. Officially on 4.0.4 now. Will test it out over the next few days. All I really want is better battery life and more reliable data connection stability.

When you wake the phone up, the light seems to fade in rather than just turning on now.

wait...you're unlocked and rooted. And you flashed this in cwm and all is OK?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante