Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OTA Update IMM30B 4.04

Hi Guys,

Longtime lurker, first time poster..the forum has been an awesome source of info for me, but somehow I think across something new. I've been getting constant prompts on my galaxy nexus for OTA update IMM30B for Android 4.04. (screenshot attached)

Is it possible to stop the update requests or update while maintaining root? I've searched around the forums and the internet, and the only information I've seen ifor IMM30B is for the Nexus S 4G.

Thoughts?

Crumb
    ------------------------------------------
    UPDATE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OTA Update IMM30B 4.04-screenshot_2012-02-04-13-24-13.jpg  
    Last edited by seanmacanally; 02-04-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: OTA Update Attached!
    Thanked by 2:
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Default Re: OTA Update IMM30B 4.04

Maintaining root... I highly doubt it. I wasn't even aware of a 4.0.4 update and I'm extremely curious what the update includes. Since many people including myself are having radio problems. If you do decide to accept...please report your findings. I'm sure many here will be thankful
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

sicario,

I did install, but it just froze during installation with an error. Did a battery pull and luckily it still restarted (no brick) in the same state it was previous to install (4.0.2 ICL53F w/root)
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Are you rooted? If so your nexus won't accept the update. You'd have to unroot then accept.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue

I wonder why some get updates and notifications while others don't. I'm still on 4.0.2. Kind of annoying. But if you try again let us know how it works out! ;p

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

Quote Originally Posted by seanmacanally View Post
    Hi Guys,

Longtime lurker, first time poster..the forum has been an awesome source of info for me, but somehow I think across something new. I've been getting constant prompts on my galaxy nexus for OTA update IMM30B for Android 4.04. (screenshot attached)

Is it possible to stop the update requests or update while maintaining root? I've searched around the forums and the internet, and the only information I've seen ifor IMM30B is for the Nexus S 4G.

Thoughts?

Crumb
    Interesting....Are you stock rooted and what part of the country are you in?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

devgru,

I am stock rooted (used wug rootkit) and in NYC.. sounds like no-one else is getting this notification?
    it's annoying the bahjesus out of me!!

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

devgru,

I am stock rooted (used wug rootkit) and in NYC.. sounds like no-one else is getting this notification?
    it's annoying the bahjesus out of me!!
    Did the update already download? If so can you save the file and post it?

It will be under /cache. I've never had a Nexus before now to know what it will be named, but it will be ~29mb.

adb pull /cache/filename.whatever.
    Last edited by devgru82; 02-04-2012 at 02:52 PM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

yes, i think it was already downloaded, any idea where on the device or SD card it would be? i looked around the folders briefly, but don't really know where to look. or what it would be named..
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

yes, i think it was already downloaded, any idea where on the device or SD card it would be? i looked around the folders briefly, but don't really know where to look. or what it would be named..
    Do you have root explorer or a file explorer? I just checked my wife's nexus and there's no update for her either. We're in California.

Snitches get stitches
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

Whats the status? Could you locate it?

ROM
    Bugless Beast -Jelly Bean

Holy .. this is the 4.04 update??

Damn!!
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarioVT View Post
    Holy .. this is the 4.04 update??

Damn!!

Quote Originally Posted by devgru82 View Post
    Whats the status? Could you locate it?
    We're all on the edge of our seats. I know I am for sure.

Snitches get stitches
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

i use andexplorer

i checked the cache folder and it was empty (screenshots attached). i ensured that hidden files are to be shown.

SD doesn't have a cache folder
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OTA Update IMM30B 4.04-1.jpg   OTA Update IMM30B 4.04-2.jpg  

ROM
    Bugless Beast -Jelly Bean

Crossing my fingers that the picture is real and that it includes better/update for the radios!

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

i use andexplorer

i checked the cache folder and it was empty (screenshots attached). i ensured that hidden files are to be shown.

Did you take the update?
    So many phones, so little time.

sean I'm in NYC too... no notification. Stock unlock and root

ROM Abuser

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Sean, if your willing to help the community out something you can do is this. (No instructions sorry I'm on my nexus too much to type)
    1. Flash back to factory with the img files you can find for stock 2.0.2. Then re root (sorry)
    2. Check for updates again.
    3. If found, download the update but DONT install.
    4. Find the file in your cache or up copy your whole cache folder to your sdcard (if possible)
    5. Save to your computer and find the update file or share it with a trusted developer because some cache files could hold personal info.

Just an idea. Thanks

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

i use andexplorer

Are you using a root explorer. I was just told this.
    "Tell him/her to use adb shell.

You cannot view cache from an explorer, unless its a root explorer.

adb shell ls /cache"

When I look at cache in my root explorer I have two folders one is recovery and the other is lost+found.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

Here is another post about it 4.0.4
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

i think i should clarify that i have no technical skills which may be required for this.
    i have a very basic understanding of root. i believe the app i use to explore, "andexplorer", is a root explorer as i can open the root folder. were it not for the easy gui of wug's rootkit, i probably would not be rooted.

basically, i have no idea what "adb shell" is. i'm sorry if i've started a something that i can't finish, but i can only assume that people far smarter than me will start to get this notification as well.

if i can find the file i'm happy to post it, but i'd just like to set some expectations here in case i can't.
    Thanked by:
    clarker07 likes this.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

i think i should clarify that i have no technical skills which may be required for this.
    i have a very basic understanding of root. i believe the app i use to explore, "andexplorer", is a root explorer as i can open the root folder. were it not for the easy gui of wug's rootkit, i probably would not be rooted.

basically, i have no idea what "adb shell" is. i'm sorry if i've started a something that i can't finish, but i can only assume that people far smarter than me will start to get this notification as well.

if i can find the file i'm happy to post it, but i'd just like to set some expectations here in case i can't.
    Are you at a computer? If so find the file that you rooted your phone with and open it. There should be a file in the called adb. Now hold shift and right click and select open command window here. Then do adb pull /cache/ It will pull everything under cache into the current directory.

Or this might work:
    Last edited by devgru82; 02-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Here you go, I archived adb and the drivers:

Plug your phone via USB to your computer, run Command Prompt, cd to the directory where you extracted adb (cd C:\User\Desktop\adb), run this command: adb.exe pull /cache/

Then archive everything you got and upload it to MediaFire or something. Hopefully the OTA file is still cached; we're all very eager for an update.

EDIT: If you get nothing in the folder, try running "adb remount" before the pull command. Also make sure USB debugging is enabled in Settings -> Developer.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

ok i think andexplorer doesn't have root access. i downloaded another explorer program and found the file (i think it's the file since it's 29MB).

where do you guys upload your files?

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

ok i think andexplorer doesn't have root access. i downloaded another explorer program and found the file (i think it's the file since it's 29MB).

where do you guys upload your files?
    mulitupload.com

once it uploaded post the link
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast