Help getting CWM and fasboot in my phone

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok I didn't want to start an entire thread for this but when I asked in other threads I wasn't really getting any help. I am trying to put the 4.0.4 update on my phone. I managed to get my boot loader unlocked but when I went to put my phone in recovery all it did was show me the dead android with the execration mark and then boot looped twice. I have the files on my computer that I got from one of the sticky's on AC. Any advice? Do note I have a MAC with OS 10 and I don't care about getting root just want the 4.0.4 on my phone.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok I didn't want to start an entire thread for this but when I asked in other threads I wasn't really getting any help. I am trying to put the 4.0.4 update on my phone. I managed to get my boot loader unlocked but when I went to put my phone in recovery all it did was show me the dead android with the execration mark and then boot looped twice. I have the files on my computer that I got from one of the sticky's on AC. Any advice? Do note I have a MAC with OS 10 and I don't care about getting root just want the 4.0.4 on my phone.

you need root to load ANY rom.

the dead droid is the stock recovery. root the gn so u can install a custom recovery like cwr or touchbase is another good one(i currently use the touchbase) once u get root and a recovery, do a nandroid(backup) and then you can install 4.0.4 without a problem.

Last edited:

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
you need root to load ANY rom.

the dead droid is the stock recovery. root the gn so u can install a custom recovery like cwr or touchbase is another good one(i currently use the touchbase) once u get root and a recovery, do a nandroid(backup) and then you can install 4.0.4 without a problem.

I tried rooting its not happening for me for some reason. Downloaded the files did the terminal thing when I typed in commands. Nothing happened.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
there should be no commands in adb. in the superboot file that u saved, should have both the mac and windows superboot. just double click on the one for the mac, it will automatically root the phone for you.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
there should be no commands in adb. in the superboot file that u saved, should have both the mac and windows superboot. just double click on the one for the mac, it will automatically root the phone for you.

Tried that. Nothing happened. Did you do yours on Windows?

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
yes i did. but the only difference to gain root is clicking on the mac superboot as apposed to the windows superboot. unlocking the bootloader was the hard part. try redownloading the the superboot file. maybe you got a bum file.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE