1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus Boot Loader unlocked and I have a couple Newb q's

What can I do now? Does unlocking the boot loader grant me any abilities that I didn't previously have?

I have rooted before but that was to freeze the bloat and to take screen shots so I don't really need to do that yet but may get bored in the future.

Also, since I am unlocked, will I still automatically get the OTA when its pushed out?

Thanks in advance, still learning.

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.0.4

Default Re: Nexus Boot Loader unlocked and I have a couple Newb q's

Quote Originally Posted by Mastaking View Post
    What can I do now? Does unlocking the boot loader grant me any abilities that I didn't previously have?
    You can flash the leaked updates with an unlocked bootloader or just the leaked radios.

Also, since I am unlocked, will I still automatically get the OTA when its pushed out?
    I think as long as your phone shows your Android version as 4.0.2 you will get the OTA update when it is pushed. So you can flash the leaked radios by themselves and you will still get the OTA update because only the radios will be different.

However, I read that the leaked radio for 4.0.4 is just a patch for the 4.0.2 radio and so if you are using the 4.0.3 radios, the OTA may not work right. But I don't know if that is true.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.0.4

Thanks for the reply
    You are welcome. Why not root? It doesn't take much effort to root if you follow the Guide that is a sticky in this forum.
    Thanked by: