(Franco Kernel)Best UV settings for battery life

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Im using franco's kernel and battery life is pretty decent for me I guess. I get about 12-14 hours daily. I'm just looking for a way to squeeze some extra life out by undervolting. I've tried a few settings but its always caused my phone to freeze up and restart. Does anyone know of any stable settings that help with battery life somewhat significantly

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Frequencies will vary from device to device but I'm sure the OP where you downloaded your kernel will have some good starting points for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I wanna stay on top with the latest releases but so far I've been really happy with what I have and don't feel a change is really justified. But I may just do it cuz I can. :D

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I wanna stay on top with the latest releases but so far I've been really happy with what I have and don't feel a change is really justified. But I may just do it cuz I can. :D

No kernel for you, correct? I love this one, but the past few nightlies have been....spotty at best lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Kernel...yes. of course! I'm on Franco's 15.1 nightly.

You should update your profile thinger then that appears under your name lol

So many changes since 15.1 btw; he added dynamic, then removed it. Then removed the default undervolt, and now, most radically IMHO, moved his "vaunted" minimum mhz of 700 down to 400 ("to see how it goes"). lol, oh Franco.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
You should update your profile thinger then that appears under your name lol

So many changes since 15.1 btw; he added dynamic, then removed it. Then removed the default undervolt, and now, most radically IMHO, moved his "vaunted" minimum mhz of 700 down to 400 ("to see how it goes"). lol, oh Franco.

Have you flashed the latest?

jwaves

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Frequencies will vary from device to device but I'm sure the OP where you downloaded your kernel will have some good starting points for you.

well what frequencies do you use that have worked out well for you

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
well what frequencies do you use that have worked out well for you

Here's a few screenshots of what I have set up. Easier than me explaining.

Screenshot_2012-02-09-16-37-22.png

Screenshot_2012-02-10-07-58-30.png

Screenshot_2012-02-09-16-37-31.png

dropped from CodeName Nexus via TapaTalk

Reactions: clarker07

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Pretty damn insane. Unplugged at 630am and at 430pm I was at 45%

Something has got to up with my phone then, because I can use it and just watch the phone drain. I'm trying out your settings now but I'll drop 10% just driving to work.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I and a few other GN users have noted that the battery does some weird quick drain (or appears to drain quickly) until like 92%, and then it sits.

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Here's a few screenshots of what I have set up. Easier than me explaining

I used all of the values you gave in the screenshots and my performance was good. Obviously I couldn't help myself and decreased them all by 25 and everything appears to be running fine.

I've never experimented too much with undervolting so I'm wondering what will happen when I've found my phones minimum values? Will the phone freeze up and I will just have to restart and raise the values? I don't want to push the process too far without knowing what I'm looking for or how difficult it is going to be to correct when I inevitably push it too far.

Thanks for your help and for posting those screenshots to get me started.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I used all of the values you gave in the screenshots and my performance was good. Obviously I couldn't help myself and decreased them all by 25 and everything appears to be running fine.

I've never experimented too much with undervolting so I'm wondering what will happen when I've found my phones minimum values? Will the phone freeze up and I will just have to restart and raise the values? I don't want to push the process too far without knowing what I'm looking for or how difficult it is going to be to correct when I inevitably push it too far.

Not a problem. I'm happy to help. Just make sure you don't set your values to "set on reboot" and you'll be OK if it does freeze up. I may follow your droidsteps and lower mine by 25 as well.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

SOD could (probably) happen. I know I saw a thread about its consequences a while ago, but I'm not sure if it was fearmongering or serious.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
SOD could (probably) happen. I know I saw a thread about its consequences a while ago, but I'm not sure if it was fearmongering or serious.

I lowered mine an addtionial 25 per value. Lets see how things go. Obviously didn't activate to set on boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781