Few questions about some things

goph_man

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to do a couple things wih my phone, but am still confused about some things. I am wondering if and how you can install 4.0.4 radios or what not. I also am wondering if there some easy way to create text icons that all look good. I've tried to create my own but they never look good or just don't have the ice cream sandwich look I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to do a couple things wih my phone, but am still confused about some things. I am wondering if and how you can install 4.0.4 radios or what not. I also am wondering if there some easy way to create text icons that all look good. I've tried to create my own but they never look good or just don't have the ice cream sandwich look I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I don't do any theme mods so I can't speak to the text icons and stuff.

On the radio, you'll need to be rooted, you'll need to install CWM.
In CWM you'll need to flash the first file here

[CDMA][Radio][Bootloader]4.0.2 to 4.0.4 Radio patches and bootloader - xda-developers

that will upload your bootloader and your radio to the versions off of the latest leak.

you can break things and a number of people have reported issues flashing especially if you are on the 4.03 so i would do your homework before you pull the trigger.

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
For text icons download SimpleText, free app and works great, you can either add the icons you create as widgets that point to apps or use the image file as an icon replacement with some launchers.