What is the best Rom out currently?

goph_man

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I am currently running Aokp rom build 27 with franco's kernel, and I have also tried Gummynex rom, but I am wondering what exactly is the best rom out there? By best I mean performance, customizeable, and so on. Any suggestions?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
There's not really a right answer to that question. Depends mostly on what you want out of the ROM and who you ask...

Try Bugless beast... I like it but it's bare bones..

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol yeah its like asking what the best ice cream is out there... everyone has their own preference or favorite. Browse them all, read the OP's, see what people think.... or become a real crackflasher like some do and try out everything until you find what you love the most.
:)

Tust

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm using aokp for 2 reasons.
  • ability to seperate notifcation and ringer volume
  • LED notification light will activate even when screen is on.

Those 2 things were right at the top of my annoyance list with ics, and now I couldn't be happier.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
AOKP duh.

jk.

im sure they all have something going for them. determine the features you like and what plays nice with your phone etc like everyone's said already.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
All of the above :) Try them all !
Find the one that best suits you needs/preference.
Also for me that changes as Roms update/and add different features.
I have never restricted myself to just one Rom ,I might be on a certain Rom one week and switch to a totally different Rom the next week.:cool:

Last edited:

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
My opinion is that Codename is the best out there, coupled with Franco's kernel. I'd also recommend downloading his market app. With Codename, no fc's, no reboots, stable rom with great customization.

I tried CM9, just not quite there yet, will try it again when they get to a RC.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
My opinion is that Codename is the best out there, coupled with Franco's kernel. I'd also recommend downloading his market app. With Codename, no fc's, no reboots, stable rom with great customization.

I tried CM9, just not quite there yet, will try it again when they get to a RC.

yup Codename is good but AKOP and Bugless are just as stable w/ or without Franco's kernel.

again...all comes down to personal preference

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Since I started using Tranquility I actually visit Android boards less. If I am at peace with my phone, you know it has to be pretty good. I would say to give it a whirl.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm using aokp for 2 reasons.
  • ability to seperate notifcation and ringer volume
  • LED notification light will activate even when screen is on.

Those 2 things were right at the top of my annoyance list with ics, and now I couldn't be happier.

x2

willlayb

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
invest in boot manager and use that to try out new roms. i have aokp as my main rom but im trying out BAMF right now on one of my boot manager partitions. bamf is pretty nice and clean. runs super smooth. just not sure if i like it more than aokp. i do like the toggles in bamf better but i dont have a swagger toggle :p

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What's a swagger toggle?

I think AOKP probably has the best all around, but the fastest I've seen have been the CM9 nightlies. Although I was only coming from Milestone 3.

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
All of the previous posters are right. It all depends on your personal preference and what you're looking to get out of flashing a rom to your phone.

If you're running a samsung infuse, I'd suggest giving Zeus a try. I have been using it for a while now. I have flashed to other roms, but I always come back to Zeus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Any ideas on when Cyanogen Mod might be out for the GN? That's what I used on my Incredible (after trying numerous other ROMs), and found it to be the best out there for my purposes. Not really interested in trying the nightlies until a stable version or RC is out.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
To the OP:
I think your currently running the best set-up going right now. Aokp/franco kernel, they're very stable together and Aokp has a great feature set.

My 2?

I'm patiently awaiting for Milestone 4.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Th3ory's aokp kang is a monster.

havent tried theory yet but it gets alot of good responses.

same with bamf.

for the fully featured crowd [op] is looking at AOKP, axiom rebirth theory, bamf paradigm, code name, and liquid. i guess you can throw in cm9 but the features arent quite all there yet.

for the more-like stock crowd - bugless, redemption

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm on axiom and I have not looked at another rom since.I think I'm done looking at other roms I have found a home. And 6 updates in a week, small but the rom has gotten faster and faster with every update. Do your self a favor and flash it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781