1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    given up keeping track

Default 4.0.4 Radios on custom ROM

I'm interested in flashing just the 4.0.4 radios onto the AOKP 26 ROM.

My question(s) are:
    First of all, can I flash just the radios only onto my ROM without doing a wipe?
    Secondly, where is the best place to download said radios?

Is anyone running these radios on AOKP? And if so, how's it working for you?

Thanks,
    Jeff

ROM
    Bugless Beast

Default Re: 4.0.4 Radios on custom ROM

You can find links to all the radios, in different formats (CWM or fastboot) on . If you are flashing in CWM, I would wipe cache and dalvik (but I do that anytime I flash anything). No need to wipe data or system. The radios are independent of the ROM and will survive ROM updates/flashes/etc. Radios are very much YMMV, so the best thing is to try it out. Good luck.
    Thanked by:
    Jeff43 

ROM
    Axiom Patient Zero

Quote Originally Posted by jpbass7 View Post
    You can find links to all the radios, in different formats (CWM or fastboot) on . If you are flashing in CWM, I would wipe cache and dalvik (but I do that anytime I flash anything). No need to wipe data or system. The radios are independent of the ROM and will survive ROM updates/flashes/etc. Radios are very much YMMV, so the best thing is to try it out. Good luck.
    I just tried to do this, however it did not work for me. I am currently running aokp build 27 with franco's kernel and I put the radios on my phone and wiped cache and dalvik and installed it and it said installation complete however it did not work correctly. I am confused as to why?

Quote Originally Posted by goph_man View Post
    I just tried to do this, however it did not work for me. I am currently running aokp build 27 with franco's kernel and I put the radios on my phone and wiped cache and dalvik and installed it and it said installation complete however it did not work correctly. I am confused as to why?
    How did you install them (from recovery in CWM?) and what makes you think that it did not work?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    given up keeping track

Quote Originally Posted by goph_man View Post
    What Baseband version does your phone show you have now?

If you flashed the .4 radios it should be CDMA Radio Version - FA02/LTE Radio Version- FA02

ROM
    Axiom Patient Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff43 View Post
    What Baseband version does your phone show you have now?

If you flashed the .4 radios it should be CDMA Radio Version - FA02/LTE Radio Version- FA02
    The baseband version of my phone is I515.09 V.FA02 / I515.FA02 is this the correct baseband version for the 4.0.4 radios? I flashed cwm and went into recovery wiped cache and dalvik, then installed the zip from sd card to install the radios.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    given up keeping track

Yep! you now have the 4.0.4 radios.

You are running the 4.0.4 radios. But I'm still curious as to why you thought they did not install correctly.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/