Visit site
u3apataj.jpg
ade6ejyz.jpg
:thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys... techie question. Wifey wants to keep the Xbox (360) which is fine. She wants to put all her music and pictures on it... but the bits of research I've done don't really give anything concrete. Some say songs only transfer over if they're ripped to CD first, put in the Xbox, and then copied over. Some say it works if you dump it on to a USB stick and copy it over that way. Other say a USB-to-USB trasfer works, others say use a network cable (I'm assuming Cat5/Ethernet cable)? I'm not much of a gamer so I haven't even used it much, never mind transfering files from the PC to the 360

The pics are regular digital pics, the music is mostly mp3s. Some ripped and converted, some pirated, some from iTunes.

So what does Chatter say? What's the easiest way to do this?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys... techie question. Wifey wants to keep the Xbox (360) which is fine. She wants to put all her music and pictures on it... but the bits of research I've done don't really give anything concrete. Some say songs only transfer over if they're ripped to CD first, put in the Xbox, and then copied over. Some say it works if you dump it on to a USB stick and copy it over that way. Other say a USB-to-USB trasfer works, others say use a network cable (I'm assuming Cat5/Ethernet cable)? I'm not much of a gamer so I haven't even used it much, never mind transfering files from the PC to the 360

The pics are regular digital pics, the music is mostly mp3s. Some ripped and converted, some pirated, some from iTunes.

So what does Chatter say? What's the easiest way to do this?

I think if you want them actually on the console you can copy them from a USB drive. I always played my stuff straight from my external drive, never tried to copy them over.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I think if you want them actually on the console you can copy them from a USB drive. I always played my stuff straight from my external drive, never tried to copy them over.

I guess I'll try that tonight. I'll throw a couple songs on a USB stick and see if I can copy them over to the 360 HDD. I'll let you know... but supper comes first. Oven-baked chicken breast and rice.

EDIT I guess worst case I could just buy a portable HDD and dump the stuff onto there for her if there's no way to copy the music over

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You could always set up Xbox media center as well, unless you want it on the hard drive to use for custom soundtracks in games.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
wifey and I are parting ways and she wants her music and movies. They won't fit on the HD of her Laptop so the rest will have to go on the 360. So streaming is out ;)