[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
NGEF I had to restart Kies a couple times, but finally got it to update the program itself.... only to find that the phone is up to date already. Oh well, I backed up her contacts and photos and stuff, just in case. That way if/when she upgrades I've got something to put back on her new phone.

Next up, updating her Garmin GPS.... (getting my geek on tonight!)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Whelp 2000th post,ok:).i love the android central forums and chatter especially,watching everyone go about making this the best thread in ac is amazing.. i am looking forward to being around for a year(and hopefully more)..so anyways, everything i was going to say,here i kind of said early lol.. in short, i would like to thank all of you guys,for the help you have given,seriously..:)also,is this the oldest active thread in the whole,of ac?

I'm getting near 1,000. I've been looking forward to it for a while too. Passing the four-digit barrier is a big one.

Congrats, NIN!

And UGH...after almost two weeks home with the sweetie, these first couple days on the road are kicking my ass. TIRED.
But we have a load from Virginia to Renton WA, so the check will be decent.

It's currently rainy, windy, and gray. Wonderful time for a trip to the greater Seattle area.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
WTF? Garmin charges for updating the map software? I don't have a GPS (nor a car at this point) but really... shouldn't this stuff be part of the purchase price?

One time update $59.00 USD.
Lifetime updates $79.00 USD.

Seems like a HUGE money scam to me. But hey, what do I know. I'm a blue-collar grunt by day and wanna-be android geek by night....

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
WTF? Garmin charges for updating the map software? I don't have a GPS (nor a car at this point) but really... shouldn't this stuff be part of the purchase price?

One time update $59.00 USD.
Lifetime updates $79.00 USD.

Seems like a HUGE money scam to me. But hey, what do I know. I'm a blue-collar grunt by day and wanna-be android geek by night....

Lol that's wild. Why no Google maps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
She has maps on her Galaxy W, but since it's pre-paid, her only data access is via wifi. (And with the phone's limited specs, I'd be worried about trying to cache maps on it). I guess the pre-loaded maps still work fine, but she wanted me to check it out. I'm pretty sure she's ok with NOT paying that money and NOT having brand-new updated maps. I'll have to ask her next time she comes over. Oh well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a little nuts...

Side-note, anyone know if TomTom charges for map updates? My dad got one for Christmas... pretty sure I'll get asked to update that one too (eventually)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Got the bed thrown out, futon in its place and coffee table assembled. I think I'm finally done, save for finding a collage picture frame. Got too many photos of the best friend and the nephew that need proper display :)

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357788952475.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357788952475.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 21

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Poorly stitched panorama of the final product.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357789406323.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357789406323.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 22

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Totally. If only i still smoked, LOL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ha ha. I had a cigarrello with my brother last week. First time I smoked in years. Was kind of glad to have finished it actually. Cough cough.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2