[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow, so my roommates decided to take this outdoor cat that we've been taking care of (whom I have grown quite attached to) to a shelter without even discussing it with me.

They said it was because he was getting "beat up" and "injuries that we couldn't take care of", but what they neglected to recognize is that a) the cat has been outside a good majority of its life and can take care of itself and b) the only injuries he has sustained since I've lived here is when THEY brought him inside when it was completely unnecessary and their three other cats tortured the poor guy.

I'm pretty f'ing livid right now.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Question for you Rom-Loving miscreants:

I haz idea. "Toggle" That is a "Quick Note" recorder. Records audio on long-press and plays on short press.
And there ARE applications that do this. But not as easily accessible as a toggle. And really only requires a couple blocks of code. So it shouldn't be too bloated.
The plan is to get working approximately now. Who knows if my noobyness can get it done. But if so...should be available sometime in the future for AOKP users (probably as a cherry pick, my ideas are often outlandish and not accepted by the team).

Thoughts?

Do it.

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow, so my roommates decided to take this outdoor cat that we've been taking care of (whom I have grown quite attached to) to a shelter without even discussing it with me.

They said it was because he was getting "beat up" and "injuries that we couldn't take care of", but what they neglected to recognize is that a) the cat has been outside a good majority of its life and can take care of itself and b) the only injuries he has sustained since I've lived here is when THEY brought him inside when it was completely unnecessary and their three other cats tortured the poor guy.

No! Not Bob!

Sent from my rooted Alltel Galaxy S2.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Good Mid _Morning again ChatterHeads :)
Speaking of cats , you cant just bring in a stray cat inside all of a sudden and expect it to get along with other cats that are already living inside.
Cats are very territory(unlike dogs).Even when you bring in a new cat to a home of pre existing cats it has to be done slowly and under supervision for a period of time.All cats are different so the time it takes for cats to accept each other varies.But you never bring a new cat inside with other cats that pre existed in the house and leave the cats all alone til the other cats accept it.;)

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Not to mention the possibility of introducing a disease or parasite to the domesticated cats. Bad move, roomies.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
What's that, you say?
Well, it's breakfast.
Caramel Apple pie, and ice cream?

Look...I'm not proud of myself.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360078073648.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360078073648.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 46

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Just over a year now I was taking care of some feral kittens that I had tamed(they was living outside).Well one of my neighbors put out a trap because cats where getting on his car,he wound up trapping one of the kittens I had tamed.I had grown found of that kitten too.
I was informed about that fact by my neighbor that lives right beside me.I called the shelter,told them the address of the person who trapped the kitten,found out they indeed had the kitten.I was able to get there 30 minutes before they was going to put the kitten down.They actually had to email the other dept. not to put the kitten to sleep thats how close it got.
Before getting her off death row I had to have her fixed, shots,and mico chipped all for about 40 bucks total cost.Then took her brother in to have the samething done to him(although he wasnt ever trapped by my neighbour).Both those cats now live inside .
My point being if you wanted to you could still go get that cat back if you wished to as long as you do within a few days.All you need is the address to give the shelter for them to know where it is at in their shelter.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Paranoid Android is a little laggy, but I will miss the tablet style Gapps. Does anyone know if they would be compatible with aokp?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Paranoid Android is a little laggy, but I will miss the tablet style Gapps. Does anyone know if they would be compatible with aokp?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

The gapps should change.. the DPI settings in PA just make certain apps use tablet style format automatically. To be safe I'd use the official recommended gapps anyways.

Took a nice day off school today and ran around wasting time on Ingress stuff (not the reason I took off, I swear!) while doing some other errands. Claimed some portals and stole one from another guy, got to level 2, too. NJAP should be proud :)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I got notified of 1 Thanks, and I went from not being on the Top Thanked list to being #2 on the Top Thanked list. I guess not many people are being thanked?...

What's up Chatter? I have chocolate and mango lemonade so my day is pretty much set.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I got notified of 1 Thanks, and I went from not being on the Top Thanked list to being #2 on the Top Thanked list. I guess not many people are being thanked?...

Idk.. But I dare not even check what's behind this door... Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360095448651.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360095448651.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 19

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
As I was loading the next Blu-Ray to rip, I had an idea that could be awesome. Right now, here's the plan:

Networked Drives > High-Speed WiFi > Nexus 10 ~ Mirrored to TV​

Instead, I buy a Nexus Q and flash basic Jelly Bean onto it.

Networked Drives > High-Speed WiFi > TV via Nexus Q HDMI ~ Controlled by Nexus 4/7/10 with Nexus Q App​

With the current plan, I can mirror anything from the Nexus 10 onto the TV (homescreen, games, apps, whatever). With the Nexus Q plan, the Nexus 10 can be used for other things while the movie is playing, and I can control the Q from any of the three Nexus devices. I can't decide... but I really need to stop coming up with so many ways to use Android. #firstworldproblems #bulletinboardhashtag

Also, Chrome's autocorrect wants to replace "#firstworldproblems" with "problematical." Ironic? I think so.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Took a nice day off school today and ran around wasting time on Ingress stuff (not the reason I took off, I swear!) while doing some other errands. Claimed some portals and stole one from another guy, got to level 2, too. NJAP should be proud :)

Congratulations. Level 3 awaits. :)

Now, I need to find a Duane Reade that I can defend from inside a nearby bar. :beer:

Sent from my SGSIII

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Got to level 6 on Sunday. Still have over 1,000 portal shields from the Zipcarpocalypse. Lol.

Sent from my SGSIII

Ugh.. inventory is such a restraint on what I can do presently. I needs more stuffs!! Sucks that I missed that zipcar thing.. and haven't found a working passcode anywhere, I know they expire quickly anyways. NJAP you're gonna need to drop me some L2 and probably L3 supplies soon! :)

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd dump you a bunch, but that's a bit of a drive. And, you're the enemy. Actually, I can use the resonators since I'm limited on how many higher level ones I can deploy. The XMPs, however, are completely worthless to me. Not sure I'll ever find a need for anything below an L4 XMP again...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084