[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

chandl90

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same situation as a few of you. I am constantly flashing new stuff. None of my friends get it. One (who actually owns a bionic) is always quick to point out that im going to break my phone doing that. Or that "you shouldn't change anything, it works fine as it is". This is coming from the same person who uses stock everything on his phone and will b*tch when my SMS app splits texts with a counter. IMO he's better off with an iPhone. Ironically enough my only friend who does understand it owns an iphone lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus Crackflashers/News/Discussion

I'm in the same situation as a few of you. I am constantly flashing new stuff. None of my friends get it. One (who actually owns a bionic) is always quick to point out that im going to break my phone doing that. Or that "you shouldn't change anything, it works fine as it is". This is coming from the same person who uses stock everything on his phone and will b*tch when my SMS app splits texts with a counter. IMO he's better off with an iPhone. Ironically enough my only friend who does understand it owns an iphone lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Same here. I've got 3-4 friends that truly understand/appreciate it, 2 of which own iPhones. One of them gave/sold me his Incredible, hence the beginning of this long and strange trip.

He didn't have the gonads to root, which I did ~4 minutes after I handed him the two twenties for the phone ;).

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

None of my friends actively flash on their devices. One paid someone to root his phone, and now asks me to change things when its been a few weeks - tbolt.
One runs a galaxy s stock rooted. Never went further.
One has a jail broken iPhone.
The gf recently let me root and rom her dinc2, after I proved I could undo it :)
Everyone else runs stock, either android or iPhone, we are a rare breed indeed.

To be fair tho, it does require a good amount of time to learn the methods and upkeep, not to mention the daily or regular flashing of new stuff.

And there is a modicum of risk involved.

Btw similarly to dmmarck, I got a dinc from a friend who upgraded to iPhone, and I rooted it the next day and never looked back.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

None of my friends actively flash on their devices. One paid someone to root his phone, and now asks me to change things when its been a few weeks - tbolt.
One runs a galaxy s stock rooted. Never went further.
One has a jail broken iPhone.
The gf recently let me root and rom her dinc2, after I proved I could undo it :)
Everyone else runs stock, either android or iPhone, we are a rare breed indeed.

Nah.. We are simply explorers into a much better world for our given devices. I respect those who choose not to root for their given reasons but once a person does try it and see what the "other side" is like they never seem to go back ;)

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Also, is anyone else shocked by how little action the ROM/Dev subsection of the forum gets?

You'd think that AC would attract a lot of our kind, but it sorta feels like we operate in Deadwood out here.

I try to supply links here and there to get this community rolling. I'm shocked myself that there isn't much going on here. Of all android forums. This is my favorite. Not to mention a lot of you guys are awesome and actually help one another. AC feels like the local bar. :thumbup:

Dropped from XparentLiquidNexus via TapaTalk

Reactions: zero neck

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I try to supply links here and there to get this community rolling. I'm shocked myself that there isn't much going on here. Of all android forums. This is my favorite. Not to mention a lot of you guys are awesome and actually help one another. AC feels like the local bar. :thumbup:

I know the felling.. Our Advisors and Mods do try and do our part of providing links to our favorite ROMs, etc. We are thankful for our AC in house devs and general devs that take up shop here at AC.

You the member can help too... PM or Email your favorite devs and let them know you would love to see their work supported here at AC ;) Can't hurt to ask...

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I remember there being a lot of support for the Droid x when I had it. I'm really curious why the nexus doesn't have the same or more. I cruise around other forums but always come back to AC to see what's going on. I'm sure there's a lot going on within other sub forums but I'd rather stick with followers that have the same device.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

^it's a lot of work to keep up all those threads on different forums tho. I can see why alot of devs prefer to just stick with the two or three that are basically, strictly root- and rom related sites.

AC is great tho because you have helpful members, excellent guides, and an all around great community.

I like the local bar analogy. That suits me, im a local bar kind of .... um drunk? jk :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Have I ed about RootzWiki's layout/aesthetic today yet?

Consider it beginning. Trying to search through there is easier on freakin' tapatalk than it is normally.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Have I ed about RootzWiki's layout/aesthetic today yet?

Consider it beginning. Trying to search through there is easier on freakin' tapatalk than it is normally.

Hmmm. No I haven't but its nice to be able to have a functioning search

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

It just looks horrific. The caps. The weird font. The weird layout. It doesn't sit nicely on a screen. It's like looking at a terminal screen with better font and a green droid at the top.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

No chit chat today guys? What's up?! :confused::eek:

hahah/ word.

It's been a busy few days for me, had the gf and my mom in the same house for a few days. .. . ummm it was interesting.

Flashed liquid 1.25, applied v6 mod - have to say, it's fast. All around, i'm either not as impressed as many of you with liquid, or there's something wrong with me and i can't live without the aokp feature set. ?

not sure which.

Anyway - liquid is certainly good to go, i could probably use this for two weeks (but we all know that's not going to happen).

Any news? Download instagram? (i did but havent used it yet).

Anyone the least bit jealous of the htc one x??