[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Any GOW (Gears of War) players in the house? I've been checking out the beta for Judgement, full version released worldwide on Tuesday. Got my preorder and I'll be at my local Game Stop tomorrow ( Monday ) night at about 11:45 pm for the midnight release :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Me too, for your sake. I tested negative for the flu and strep the second time at the doc. Beed sick with various symptoms for three weeks. Whatever it is it just wont let go. Maybe taking antibiotics finally will knock it down. Thanks man.
Problem is there are so many different strains of the flu out there its hard to even test. Wife and I got flu shots this past fall and still we both ended up with the flu. Not as bad as if you didn't get the shot but we still ended up with one of the strains not covered in the vaccine about 2 months later.

All you can do is load up on liquids and have your Motrin handy for the fevers and ride it out. When I was sick it was about 4 or 5 days of hell then it got better. Total time from start to finish was about a good 10 days by the time I was back to feeling good and over it completely.

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Scored this sweet $200 Schwinn Hybrid cruiser on Clearance for $30 at Target. Perfect timing for me, I was starting to look for a bike for the summer kind-of.
uploadfromtaptalk1363560766213.jpg

Sent from my rooted Alltel Galaxy S2.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Problem is there are so many different strains of the flu out there its hard to even test. Wife and I got flu shots this past fall and still we both ended up with the flu. Not as bad as if you didn't get the shot but we still ended up with one of the strains not covered in the vaccine about 2 months later.

All you can do is load up on liquids and have your Motrin handy for the fevers and ride it out. When I was sick it was about 4 or 5 days of hell then it got better. Total time from start to finish was about a good 10 days by the time I was back to feeling good and over it completely.
I got a flu shot, and are current on all vaccines (have to be working in a clinical setting,) and have never been this sick. They tested for all strains of A and B. I am sure there are other strains as you say that doesn't show up. My symptoms have morphed from esophageal to pharyngeal to sinal, one completely healing before the next. Strange. Wonder if all the sick people I was taking care of and the vaccinations finally got me? In all reality, I think allergies cause swollen epithelial tissues that turned into viral/bacterial grounds. Going to drink plenty of water. I let the fever ride as long as it is not higher than a 100 help fight the crap. So far, 3.5 days of work missed. For being as sick as I have been, I am surprised it isn't two weeks. I have to be pretty knocked down to call in.

If you are feeling healthy today, be grateful!

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I got a flu shot, and are current on all vaccines (have to be working in a clinical setting,) and have never been this sick. They tested for all strains of A and B. I am sure there are other strains as you say that doesn't show up. My symptoms have morphed from esophageal to pharyngeal to sinal, one completely healing before the next. Strange. Wonder if all the sick people I was taking care of and the vaccinations finally got me? In all reality, I think allergies cause swollen epithelial tissues that turned into viral/bacterial grounds. Going to drink plenty of water. I let the fever ride as long as it is not higher than a 100 help fight the crap. So far, 3.5 days of work missed. For being as sick as I have been, I am surprised it isn't two weeks. I have to be pretty knocked down to call in.

I had the same thing back in January. Took about 3 weeks to go away. Worst flu I've ever had.

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yeah my wife too. She's a RN. Actually during her clinical rotation to finish off her hours need for graduating her family nurse practitioner program she rounded at some local clinics and she was exposed to some nasty stuff. So far so good around the house. Hope it stays that way to...

She just passed her exit exam for the program now she's about a month away from taking the state boards to get licensed as a family nurse practitioner.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Went shopping at a local store tonight that specializes in extensive meats and groceries from Italian, Polish, Mexican and other great regions tonight.

Came home with some fresh tamales, fresh ready to eat polish sausage and red potatoes and then a bunch of nice chocolate pastries to finish it off.

Ask I can say is Yum!

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Still feel like crap. It's on and off when it comes to the nausea and stomach pains. Any food sounds disgusting to me at this point. Haven't eaten at all today.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Went shopping at a local store tonight that specializes in extensive meats and groceries from Italian, Polish, Mexican and other great regions tonight.

Came home with some fresh tamales, fresh ready to eat polish sausage and red potatoes and then a bunch of nice chocolate pastries to finish it off.

Ask I can say is Yum!

We want pics!

Sent from my Nexus 4