[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Hm.. guess I'll skip liquid then. Actually as I was breezing their OP on rootz I remembered that I didn't want to flash their stuff anyway since nocoast is on that team and he's a little female dog.

I remember that drama on Rootz with nocoast. Too bad. Hate to see the community, especially Dev's, get into name calling and such. I sometimes only stick with certain Dev Teams and stay away from others based on principle.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus CRACKFLASHERS | SECRET LAIR ;-)

So I'm on AOKP b34 and man do I miss th3ory's UI already. I didn't realize how ugly stock is til I got used to his tweaks, and I used to love the stock look, lol. Maybe will try tweaking the kernel colors and see if that makes it bearable haha.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I remember that drama on Rootz with nocoast. Too bad. Hate to see the community, especially Dev's, get into name calling and such. I sometimes only stick with certain Dev Teams and stay away from others based on principle.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Woah what happened?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys... check out this new forum. Put together by Jrthemer. Get the word out. I'm trying to support him for his great work. I'm sure you guys can help me spread the word. :D:thumbup:

www.jayrthemer.net

Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm surprised you use market restore even, given how much you flash ;) .. I just let TiBu restore all my apps (only about 50% with data, obv, but I let it do half of them without just because its quicker than market).

On another note.. I have been an embarrassingly bad crackflasher these last couple weeks. I haven't left Patient Zero M1 except for a few test builds from th3ory that I went back to my backup after.. and haven't even flashed anything in probably close to 2 weeks. JESUS. I think I'm gonna get on the crack grind tonight... Thinking of giving liquid a spin just to see what the fuss is about (lol)... then I'll probably go for aokp build 34 since I'm sure I'll be happy with that. Been wanting to run straight aokp for a while anyways and give it a good comparison to th3ory's builds so it should be as good a time as any with the new build just dropping.

Cool story bro... I know right?? lol :)

Anyone been running anything else interesting I might enjoy?

i messed with eclipse for a few days but it's nothing to write home about.

with school getting so busy i've only really been flashing one rom a week. so lame.

:(

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Woah what happened?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Nocoast started a bratty, immature rant in DT's thread back in the original Axi0m days.. later that day is when DT left the scene for a long time. Don't really want to go into more detail than that here.

Anyhoo.... I'm set up and settled in to AOKP. Tweaked the colors to make things manageable, but definitely missing some of th3ory's UI, specifically the matte black in the pulldown, solid blacks in all the settings and menus, and some of his touch of blue everywhere. But I want to give AOKP a fair run so I'm going to hold with it a while and see what I think. Also I didn't realize how much the gapps package has changed and how much we have to download from the market these days, lol... maps, music, gmail even! I sure like Th3ory just including all the good stuff in the ROM :)

Speed wise I'd say I can definitely feel some slow down versus Th3ory's builds, not a ton mind you, but I notice it. Especially when scrolling through anything. Some might be kernel related too, this is my first time running faux's kernel since like December lol so I'll give it a ride, tweak the governor maybe, see what I can get out of it. After a few days I'll probly head back to franco and see if its any noticeably better.

Anyway thats all, I'm beat... night crackflashers!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

So you ALSO had to download Gmail? Was so pissed when I had to do that. And Maps. And Music. WTF!

And don't forget to sync your Gmail, b/c god forbid that happens automatically when you download it.

#firstworldproblems

Reactions: SOTK

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised you use market restore even, given how much you flash ;) .. I just let TiBu restore all my apps (only about 50% with data, obv, but I let it do half of them without just because its quicker than market).

I use market restore because I have had problems with TiBu restoring some apps. I seems to have better results with market restore. I have had the same problem with the new gapps file. Any problem. With the old file

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

i'll chime in on market restore - i like it. but i like it when it works correctly. like it bc i use very few apps, and i don't have to open up tib or anything, and i rarely if ever restore data bc i dont really need to.

that said, market often restores things i have uninstalled already, or only restores part of what i wanted, or whatever. so i still use tib but on a limited basis.

Reactions: kca2000

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

I use market restore because I have had problems with TiBu restoring some apps. I seems to have better results with market restore. I have had the same problem with the new gapps file. Any problem. With the old file

Restoring exclusively from TiBU always causes issues for me. Its recommended by alot of the Devs not to use it when possible. Only thing i use it for is restoring progress in some games. Did the same thing with my D1. One time i used TiBu to to restore most of the info on my D1 rom, slowdowns, force closes and even the occasional restart is what the result was.

I strongly recommend to people flashing not to use TiBu for everything (Especially system data), it can cause issues when switching from one ROM to another.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Market Restore, with me, is fine. But that's if I have a good signal. If not, you get all of those bloody ! warnings and crap. And then, sometimes, it picks and chooses what apps it installs based upon no logic or reasoning.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Restoring exclusively from TiBU always causes issues for me. Its recommended by alot of the Devs not to use it when possible. Only thing i use it for is restoring progress in some games. Did the same thing with my D1. One time i used TiBu to to restore most of the info on my D1 rom, slowdowns, force closes and even the occasional restart is what the result was.

I strongly recommend to people flashing not to use TiBu for everything (Especially system data), it can cause issues when switching from one ROM to another.

No no, of course, NEVER use it for system data. I use it for all apps though and never have issues. I have something like 70ish apps I restore with it... say about 30 with data, the rest without. Everything works fine. Devs hate tibu because it lets people restore system data or data to apps that you shouldn't, like account and sync related apps... and for sure those options shouldn't exist. But if you use it wisely its a good friend :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Restoring system data is like asking for demonic possession in my book lol

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

No no, of course, NEVER use it for system data. I use it for all apps though and never have issues. I have something like 70ish apps I restore with it... say about 30 with data, the rest without. Everything works fine. Devs hate tibu because it lets people restore system data or data to apps that you shouldn't, like account and sync related apps... and for sure those options shouldn't exist. But if you use it wisely its a good friend :)

Agreed, I think they just say that so people don't restore everything available, have issues and then blame the Dev and the ROM for their issues. But there are alot of people out there that don't know any better, Its all about how you use these apps.

Eagle1967

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site

Haven't tried sorcery and don't plan on it.. Heard besides some built in theme options its not a very solid rom... Also heard some other unsavory things about it I don't care to repeat, lol.

And is vicious the miui rom? Or something else? Cuz I have no interest in sticking miui on my phone.. Looks way too iOS like haha :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I do not appreciate you spreading outright lies.
there is nothing unsavory about team sourcery. go ahead and repeat please so i can respond, as this is the first i have heard of it.
The rom is extremely stable and has much more than a few built in themes.
If you prefer another rom thats great they are all great. But I do not appreciate you spreading lies about my team or the rom.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I do not appreciate you spreading outright lies.
there is nothing unsavory about team sourcery. go ahead and repeat please so i can respond, as this is the first i have heard of it.
The rom is extremely stable and has much more than a few built in themes.
If you prefer another rom thats great they are all great. But I do not appreciate you spreading lies about my team or the rom.

Please I didn't mean to offend... what I heard is just that: stuff I heard, and my intention was not to cause harm by spreading rumors and hearsay that I could not substantiate without evidence.. that's why I did not repeat any of it. Besides any rumours, I have seen comments from a number of users, some of whom I know well enough and respect, who advised against the ROM purely for performance / stability reasons.

But no I have not tried your ROM and because of that should not have spread any advice that I could not verify with my own experience, and for that I sincerely apologize. It's not my way to bash ANY developers in the community without good reason. I do feel bad and am truly sorry for any harm or offense I caused there.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand, I used liquid on my thunderbolt and loved it to death. On my G-Nex it was horrible, btw it was 1.3. Everything went okay for 3 days than the rom started slowing down, it was like my old Eris. So I wiped some things to see if that would fix it and no, it did not even help. Then every app started force closing apon opening. I was then forced to flash my really old redemption nandroid and holy crap this is so much faster than Liquid. I will never use Liquid again until something changes. Just my .02.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I don't understand, I used liquid on my thunderbolt and loved it to death. On my G-Nex it was horrible, btw it was 1.3. Everything went okay for 3 days than the rom started slowing down, it was like my old Eris. So I wiped some things to see if that would fix it and no, it did not even help. Then every app started force closing apon opening. I was then forced to flash my really old redemption nandroid and holy crap this is so much faster than Liquid. I will never use Liquid again until something changes. Just my .02.

Yeah for some reason it seems like 1.30 is buggier than 1.25. I've only tried 1.25, and for me it was great for a few days and then the reboots/bugs became too much. I'll hold off on trying 1.3 until my flashing menu is finished ;).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol