[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You work year-round at O'Hare? This a trek from Plainfield...
Its about 45 mins for me.. I normally plow snow there during the winter months.. I was however working a few years back on the latest runway extensions they did during the summer months. I've got a good dozen or two of nice close up pics of planes landing near me, dirt work going on and other cool things you just don't see unless your inside the airport grounds.

(

Impressive. As a kid, I loved watching the operation of construction equipment and garbage trucks. Spent hours and hours. :)

Sent from my SGSIII
Ya what can I say.. I'm a kid that never grew up... 20+ years now playing on heavy equipment. Move dirt, move it big and move it fast is the way we get it done...

Only thing that sucks is its not so much glory since the economy fell out a few years back but its slowly starting to come back.

I'll have to get all my pics up on my Photobucket and drop you guys a link to the album so you can see some of them.. No fancy camera stuff, all taken with my cell phone but its still shots you just don't get everyday on the outside.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If it's snowing I call shens. In any snow it's about 45 minutes (or worse) from my parents in the Darien area (Cass and 55).
Yep your correct on that.. When they are predicting snow they call us up usually 12 hours ahead of time to get sleep and get prepared, then we show up usually a few hours before the snow hits to avoid the mess.. Plus it takes us forever to get in thru all the check points even with our special issued airport badges, its just a nightmare but it pays good when it snows :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Snow removal is always good money. Just get yourself there safe. The drivers on 55 and 294 are less than awesome.
You got that right, every year its an entirely new learning experience for the same people driving the same roads as last year in the snow...
I dunno what it is I like about this, but, it just sounds so awesome.
It sounds cooler than it is... Just a stupid necklace basically with your picture and badge number.. Its a dorky 3 hour class we take every year at Ohare airport to get our badges for plowing, but to be fair they do a full background check on you so those days when you were young of blowing up your model ships at the local pond with fire crackers may come back and bite you in the ass ;) LOL...

Its not that bad but they do a pretty damn good check on you so I give the airport credit on that part.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Geez Chatter, it's 2:00 AM. When did that happen. I gotta peace out. But, I leave you with this quote from the episode of The Simpsons I just watched.

Bart: I can't because Mary is the girl that can prove girls can like me. And she wouldn't like me anymore if I gave her up. So I wont. Even if you torture me like you do the English language.
Cletus: Oh well if that ain't aren't the isn't.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Chatter.

New phone:
9A4m4.jpg

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Not a big fan of driving my little tramp of a car 'round in the snow.
She's atrocious on ice.

I took my mom's outback out last winter and was extremely surprised with the traction...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I loved driving my jeep wrangler around in the snow.
Actually liked driving it in snow better when living up in Kalkaska,Mi.because the roads staid cold and the snow would not melt and refreeze on the road.
I drove though snow that before the roads where plowed the snow got stuck around my alternator/and serpertine belt, snow was about 2 foot deep I think.They get alot of blowing and snow drifts up there.

When it does snow down in the south the roads usually don't stay cold enough and the snow melts and refreezes and you get that layer of black ice on the roads which suks, especially if it happens to keep snowing and the black ice gets covered back over with fresh snow.

I probably would not like driving my charger as good in the snow tho ha.

Sent from my SIII

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Now I gotta go back to the ghetto to return the uhaul and collect more clothes. Because God forbid the uhaul place would actually allow a one way drop off.

Dropped by Felix from 24 Miles above the Earth