Like Tree94437Likes
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    The BSG reboot is worth watching. There's three-way Cylon action to look forward to.
    I've seen about half of it but the person I borrowed it from didn't have them all and I forgot about it. It's probably been five years, so, it's a fresh show for me. I'm excited. Also, menage le cylon, outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    if i start battlestar, start with the reboot?

same goes for dr who - where to start?
    I heard the original is horrible, probs just the reboot.

If I ever get around to watching Doctor Who, I'm going to watch it all.

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    You know I used to be such a pro at attachments and posting pics.....the way this forum handles pics nowadays has really changed. I am stumped for now I'll figure it out someday. :-/
    For the last couple of weeks when I post a pic from the website, it posts like yours did. You just have to go into edit, delete the attachment text in the text box, and, put the image back in. Works for me every time. It's annoying, but, it works.
    Thanked by:

Earlier posts were with the 'insert image' button ... this is with advanced options-manage attachments. funny thing is earlier when I hit the preview, they showed ok ahhh whatever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."-img_20121115_130436.jpg   [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."-img_20121115_175036.jpg  
    Dag, yo!

ROM
    AOKP/Franco & PA/Franco

I haven't had Facebook on my phone or tablet for a few months now. Starting to cut the cord.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    Probably Tapatalk because I can take or leave a Facebook app, but I need Tapatalk
    I have little trouble with the AC app.
    Thanked by:
    Dag, yo!

ROM
    AOKP/Franco & PA/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    I have little trouble with the AC app.
    Tapatalk is perfect on my phone but refuses to work right on the tablet so I use the AC app on my N7

Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by AppleBonker View Post
    Tapatalk is perfect on my phone but refuses to work right on the tablet so I use the AC app on my N7
    Tapatalk can really grind my gears. I have a love/hate relationship with it.

I haven't had Facebook on my phone or tablet for a few months now. Starting to cut the cord.
    Deleting the app is one thing but I have heard its very hard or near impossible to delete your account on FB. Or you have to jump thru major hoops. They really don't like you quitting. Facebook is meh to me.
    Any truth to how hard to delete account?

I keep attaching a pic in tapatalk, then when I turn my phone sideways to type the post, it just gets rid of the pic. Drives me f'ing insane. I hate Tapatalk. I was having a discussion with myself earlier about which app I hate more, Tapatalk or Facebook. Couldn't decide, lol. Probably Tapatalk because I can take or leave a Facebook app, but I need Tapatalk
    I absolutely hate having to deal with this, and I'm coming from a developer's point of view. When an Android device's orientation changes, the foreground application's activities are destroyed and re-created. When this happens, Android uses two things to re-create it. First, it uses the default XML layout defined for that activity. Second, it uses a set of "saved state" information to preserve the exact state the activity was in (such as entered text). You get the same basic screen, re-created for the new screen dimensions. The problem with this is that, in some instances, actions taken out programmatically (such as adding layout elements at runtime) may not be correctly carried across this rotation behavior.

If any of you run into applications with this oversight in the future, shoot the developer an email/leave them feedback. Include , or paraphrase this quote:

Caution: Your activity will be destroyed and recreated each time the user rotates the screen. When the screen changes orientation, the system destroys and recreates the foreground activity because the screen configuration has changed and your activity might need to load alternative resources (such as the layout).

By default, the system uses the Bundle instance state to save information about each View object in your activity layout (such as the text value entered into an EditText object). So, if your activity instance is destroyed and recreated, the state of the layout is restored to its previous state with no code required by you. However, your activity might have more state information that you'd like to restore, such as member variables that track the user's progress in the activity.

Note: In order for the Android system to restore the state of the views in your activity, each view must have a unique ID, supplied by the android:id attribute.
    My guess is that the View holding your attachment's information and thumbnail was not given an ID because it was assigned programmatically. Thus, the view is essentially "lost" in the rotation. I tried to keep this from being really technical (this is chatter, after all), but if anyone is really interested let me know.

Finally, this:

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Good night Chatter. I trust the night shift will carry on.
    Devinator likes this.
    Dag, yo!

ROM
    AOKP/Franco & PA/Franco

Deleting the app is one thing but I have heard its very hard or near impossible to delete your account on FB. Or you have to jump thru major hoops. They really don't like you quitting. Facebook is meh to me.
    I think you can deactivate your account. But everything you upload/post is Facebook's property so you can't actually delete it.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19086  
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

dont use it on my phone or tab at all. think about deleting fb every day. hate that evil shiz

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
    Thanked by:

I deactivated mine three weeks ago, and it's truly a relaxing, liberating thing to do. Deactivating it removes your profile, search results, etc. It will leave sent and received messages intact (so you can send a couple right before deactivating it if you so desire), and you can still be tagged in photos.

It takes about a minute to do. Hassle-free. As far as truly removing your account, though, I haven't bothered. If I really didn't want my information in their services, I surely wouldn't have allowed it there.

1. Click the account menu at the top right of any Facebook page
    2. Choose Account Settings
    3. Select Security from the left-hand menu
    4. Click on "Deactivate your account"

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Good night Chatter. I trust the night shift will carry on.
    HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG

Thanked by 2:

I think you can deactivate your account. But everything you upload/post is Facebook's property so you can't actually delete it.
    dont use it on my phone or tab at all. think about deleting fb every day. hate that evil shiz
    In the few minutes since my last post, I went on FB and deactivated my account. And actually deleting is fairly simple. So I heard wrong, it aint hard at all.

LOL @ zero yah its no good. Infringes too much on privacy. I don't need all the stupid crap that all the "friends" spew. Tis evil alright yea
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Well chatter, I'm out. Time for a good book and bed. See you all tomorrow. Friday!!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19090  
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

In the few minutes since my last post, I went on FB and deactivated my account. And actually deleting is fairly simple. So I heard wrong, it aint hard at all.

LOL @ zero yah its no good. Infringes too much on privacy. I don't need all the stupid crap that all the "friends" spew. Tis evil alright yea
    the problem i have is for school stuff - heads up on if class is cancelled, things to go to, etc.

and i guess being loosely in touch with people i would otherwise never hear from. but idc much about them anyway, otherwise we'd be in touch yano.

wish i could erase it all tho - dont want fb owning any of that. not pleased with google drive policy, either.

but idc much about them anyway
    You shallow shallow person hahaha

But yeah I hear you with the class schedule and stuff. Or if you have a small business you can keep customers updated...like a small restuarant..put up daily specials an stuff.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've got about 30 friends, down from around 400. Those 30 people, Facebook is the best option to keep in touch with them, so I will have my account for as long as necessary. It just irritates me that after my 2+ years(ish) as an Android user, that has always been the most consistently horrible app and has NEVER worked correctly. It's bull. There's no excuse for it.
    --Chris [cole2kb]
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19093  
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

aight gents, got mad work to do tomorrow, ima go watch something quick and hit the hay

peace

Can't get too much of mangod Rick. I've seen this so many times but hell this guy has some style hahahahahaaha.
    Every single time I just ROFLMAO X 100

davidnc and AppleBonker like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Can we just put a ban on anything Rick Astley in Chatter from here on out?
    --Chris [cole2kb]
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19096  
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

one more thing - hate these all state mayhem commercials. they arent funny. dude bugs me.

Its sad for me with my timezone...its only 7:30 here and all you mainland ppl are ditching out.

Can we just put a ban on anything Rick Astley in Chatter from here on out?
    Honestly, I have that as my ringtone. Good thing I don't get many calls.

Its sad for me with my timezone...its only 7:30 here and all you mainland ppl are ditching out.
    I'm usually around until between midnight and 2am your time (5-7am eastern).
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19100  
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

i would stay up with ya but i have to write a gddamn treatise on warbots tomorrow.

theyre coming. and i will lead them.

Thanked by: