[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Going off to flash AOKP b5 on my phone. Clean flash this time so will take a while. :)

Sent from my SGSIII

Let me know how that WIFI works out.... I wasn't having very good luck with WIFI so I reverted back to build 4.

I make give it a spin again now that I have my new router and wifi extender going.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
On the subject of AOKP build 5, who's running custom kernels aside from the stock included? I was doing Franco's on Build 3 & 4.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
On the subject of AOKP build 5, who's running custom kernels aside from the stock included? I was doing Franco's on Build 3 & 4.

I always go with Franco's. The kernel included in AOKP (faux's) is much laggier on my phone. I believe Franco's gives some better battery life too.. but that's not something I pay much attention to, lol.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Morning all. Well, afternoon I guess... I sleep in until one, and I have four pages of chatter to look through already.

Long live the chatter.

Couldn't you make an essence? Basically the same, but the final step is straining the mixture through cheesecloth before adding to the liquor. Or straining afterwards, but some precious liquid will be lost that way.
Thus, no pesky fibers to interference with proper enjoyment, yet all the amazing flavour.

Just a thought.

Indeed it is, however most of the caramelized flavor is inside the banana material as that's where the sugar, vanilla, etc. and the banana's natural flavors still reside. There won't be much liquid unless you go for a very low-viscosity mixture by continuously mashing/breaking down the mixture as you heat it (and going that route means it's much easier to burn the flavors off in the pan). Both methods work -- that's why I mentioned the choice of viscosity for the caramelized mixture -- but I've had much better results with letting the flavors leach out of the material while in the alcohol itself.

I'm disappointed on the Google event cancellation, but safety is certainly a concern with the Frankenstorm approaching. Hopefully we'll get all the news soon. And the nexus. The physical design of the Nexus 4 is growing on me. It's like my beloved Galaxy Nexus, but without the curved/humped back that I've slowly grown less and less fond of.

FRANKENSTORM. :mad:

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
So what's everyone running on the nexus 7 as far as ROM/kernel combo? Both to get my hands dirty and unlock and root

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how that WIFI works out.... I wasn't having very good luck with WIFI so I reverted back to build 4.

I make give it a spin again now that I have my new router and wifi extender going.

So far wifi on build 5 is working fine for me. The signal strength jumps around, but it did that on build 4 too.

I've been running LeanKernel with AOKP. Flashed LK 1.6 after I got build 5 set up.

Sent from my SGSIII

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm disappointed on the Google event cancellation, but safety is certainly a concern with the Frankenstorm approaching. Hopefully we'll get all the news soon. And the nexus. The physical design of the Nexus 4 is growing on me. It's like my beloved Galaxy Nexus, but without the curved/humped back that I've slowly grown less and less fond of.

FRANKENSTORM. :mad:

It may be pretty tough to get around New York on Monday. They're contemplating shutting down the subways if it looks like the storm will hit the region. It's easy to forget than Manhattan is an island and that a big storm will impact the bridge and tunnel crossings.

Sent from my SGSIII

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Here's the latest projected guess of the path of the storm.looks like it's been changed some.
anage6e2.jpg

Sent from my SIII

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool