Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Nothing more to say about your Nexus 4?

Sent from my SGSIII
    I'll send my 17 page review to your email.. Still right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    davidnc, Johnly, mrro82 and 3 others like this.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Morning Chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    Aww come on, really? I can't fathom why anyone would look at a Wii U and go "Wow, that looks awesome!" I have never found my Wii to be for anything good other than running emulators on. The U looks like nothing but a gimmick, the pricing structure is ridiculous. Nintendo is doomed. Just give me my Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time on XBox LIVE Arcade and call it a day.
    Yes, really. First of all, I love Nintendo. Been playing Nintendo games for 25 years, they always rock. Yes, I looked at the Wii U and said, "Wow, that looks awesome!" Lol. Touch screen and TV to play games? Yes please. Point the touch screen at the TV to zoom in my sniper rifle, then hold it horizontal to go into my map/inventory? Yes please. Hold it horizontal and swipe toward the screen to throw shurikens? Yes please. Allow for 4v1 play via the touchscreen so that the four people can't see things the one person can? Yes please.

I played many, many games on my Wii, but, I'd probably still buy one just for Zelda/Mario games. Skyward Sword was incredible. Your sword actually mimicked the angle you were holding the Wii Remote and the way you were holding it was crucial for combat. It was absolutely as good as OoT. While I loved every single Zelda in between OoT and Skyward Sword, this is the first Zelda title since to climb up onto the pedestal that OoT is on. And both SMB Galaxy titles were absolutely stunning on every level. Gameplay, graphics, music, and difficulty. I literally felt like I was flying through the cosmos, which apparently comes with orchestral music.

This really sounds like an I don't like change rant (Mario 64/OoT). While Those games both hold a special place in my heart for being trailblazing 3D games and both games were incredible, I have enjoyed every major Mario/Zelda since. I'm sure there are people out there who feel the same way about the 64 and are like, man, Super Mario World and A Link to the Past, give me those and screw that 3D crap. It's all about innovation, and, no one does it better than Nintendo.

Nintendo will never be doomed. They have a huge base of gamers like me who will continue to buy their products for the franchises that have stood the test of time. In addition, they have a miraculous knack for catching casual gamers in their nets. I mean, Wii bowling tournaments in retirement homes? Who would have ever imagined that?

Global Posts
    11,760 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    I'll send my 17 page review to your email.. Still right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Haven't gotten it yet.

Sent from my SGSIII
    davidnc, Johnly, mrro82 and 2 others like this.
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,228 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Haven't gotten it yet.

Sent from my SGSIII
    That's my email! lol. Nice review

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Why so quiet Chatter? Is everyone actually doing work this morning? Lol.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    You yelled at me, I'm too busy crying. ;p
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,760 Global Posts
    ROM

Yes.

518 posts by tomorrow!

Sent from my SGSIII
    davidnc, Johnly and AppleBonker like this.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

Its old school punk day at work...

Sent from somewhere

ROM
    JellyBeans

Good morning chatters

5 day weekend!!!!!.....It's is time to play video games all and relax before a crazy family filled day tomorrow.
    pis of a Bloody Mary upcoming...(gotta go to the store first )
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

You yelled at me, I'm too busy crying. ;p
    Lol. Well, sorry if the "I don't like change rant" comment was too harsh. Videogames have been my biggest hobby since I was probably four, so, I'm quite passionate about them. And while I am by no means a Nintendo fanboy, Nintendo does hold a special place in my heart and the games are just so effin magical. I get a little defensive, lol.

Morning all. I'm done work, had a shower, checked my email... all is right in the world. I'm going to bed. Have a great day ya'll, see you when the sun is setting.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Lol. Well, sorry if the "I don't like change rant" comment was too harsh. Videogames have been my biggest hobby since I was probably four, so, I'm quite passionate about them. And while I am by no means a Nintendo fanboy, Nintendo does hold a special place in my heart and the games are just so effin magical. I get a little defensive, lol.
    Don't you think you might be in the minority though? Do you really think that Nintendo can keep doing what they're doing and people will keep buying them? I grew up with Nintendo too, and loved my SNES and N64 to pieces, got them both on launch day. The Wii is where I started to get confused. The motion gaming was cool, that's for sure, but...no HD? Made zero sense to me, and it honestly felt like a slight against the customer in my opinion, as opposed to Nintendo giving me a top-of-the-line experience like they have in the past, they said "Eh....no, you don't need that."

Beyond that, it's just personal opinion, I was very disappointed or just flat-out hated a a majority of the big franchise releases, save for Skyward Sword because it was released long after I gave up on the Wii...and New Super Mario Bros, because it's just amazing and some of the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. You can't deny that my opinion isn't a popular one, and I don't think they're pulling any of us back with the Wii U, and I'm not sure how they even could at this point. That is why I don't see Nintendo lasting--the ones that will always buy it are getting older, more busy, less apt to buy (I'd be surprised if your decision to buy their NEXT release will come as easily), and the ones that Nintendo lost along the way, they aren't doing anything to try to get back.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

Good morning chatter

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Documentary's and Educational Videos you think everyone should see.
    (Last Updated June,2,2013)
    Thread Retired
    Current Android Devices:HTC one,2013 Nexus 7
    Past Android Devices:Xperia Play,Droid Pro,2012 Nexus 7
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Don't you think you might be in the minority though?
    Not really. Do you recall after the Wii launched how impossible they were to find for a very long time. People were snatching them up and flipping them and making lots of profit.

The motion gaming was cool, that's for sure, but...no HD?
    The Wii has 480p, and, with the types of games they release, it's honestly good enough. I played SMB Galaxy 2 within the last year and Skyward Sword. Both games looked dynamite. They don't look like PS3/360 games, but, I don't think they were ever intended to. Besides, it was released before both consoles. And, I'm more concerned with gameplay than graphics anyway.

Additionally, the Wii U has made, from what I can tell, significant enhancements to it's graphics.

New Super Mario Bros, because it's just amazing and some of the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time.
    I was kinda meh on NSMB. Playing right now, but, it doesn't get much of my attention. I loved sidescrollers, but, they are kind of outdated at this point. Nintendo probably just continues to make them because they are easy and people buy them. I'd rather them focus their time on more quality Mario titles like SMB Galaxy.

You can't deny that my opinion isn't a popular one, and I don't think they're pulling any of us back with the Wii U, and I'm not sure how they even could at this point.
    The majority of my friends, and, even some older coworkers have and love their Wiis, so, while I can't deny it's your opinion, I can't say that it's true, at least from what I see/who I associate with. Will people that think CoD type games and the rest of the garbage that's out there ever like the Wii, no, but, that's not really who Nintendo is marketing too. There will at least always be people that grew up with their beloved franchises and wait, drooling for the next release, and a new wave of young kids that wanna Catch em All.

That is why I don't see Nintendo lasting--the ones that will always buy it are getting older, more busy, less apt to buy (I'd be surprised if your decision to buy their NEXT release will come as easily), and the ones that Nintendo lost along the way, they aren't doing anything to try to get back.
    I just can't agree with that. And, I would have already had one had I been able to pre order one when I wanted to. But, with where I am now, I will wait for reasons of my current game queue. I will play Borderlands 2 a ton, I got Dragon Age II for free recently through a promotion, so, might as well play that first, and, I wanna go back and play Diablo 3 some more. That will keep me busy well into the beginning of next year. I'll buy it when the holiday smoke clears and maybe even can score a promotion.

As for their next release. We will have to see what it is. If the Wii U looked like it was going to suck, I wouldn't have been excited for it. I may have bought it just for the franchises I love anyway, but, thankfully that wasn't the case. That might be the scenario I will be in next time, but, I guess we can have that discussion in five years or so, lol.
    Johnly and NotJustAPhone like this.

ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

Lol all this talk about Nintendo has me playing Wii

Thread Retired
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20491  
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Njap, I'm in Manhattan. Come get me drunk. Or give me job right meow.

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Devin, you know I heart you. Certainly wasn't trying to pick a fight. I don't like when my opinions start to feel like "facts", so I apologize for that.

I guess Nintendo just doesn't do it for me any more, and I am angry at Nintendo for letting me down on a fairly consistent basis for years now, and showing no signs of slowing.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

We must reach 21k:thumbup:
    Thread Retired

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

I'm here, but all this Nintendo real talk has me a fluster, so I decided to start playing Castlevania : Lords of Shadow on my big boy 360 lol

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

I'm helping noobs on a game I haven't played in a long time monster hunter tri it's been like two years since I played

Thread Retired
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I want an OG Playstation and a copy of Monster Rancher right nao plz
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Devin, you know I heart you. Certainly wasn't trying to pick a fight. I don't like when my opinions start to feel like "facts", so I apologize for that.

I guess Nintendo just doesn't do it for me any more, and I am angry at Nintendo for letting me down on a fairly consistent basis for years now, and showing no signs of slowing.
    Vice versa Chris. Nah, I didn't take it that way, that's just how I get. My family are big into debating, but, we never make it personal. You don't have to apologize, there is nothing that you said that isn't valid from where you stand. I'm not you, and, I don't know your friends, or the culture where you live. I can only speak from what I know/who I know in the North East, and, what I know about the gaming industry. I'm sure we have both made plenty of valid points, and, only time will tell. I just wholeheartedly hope that I'm right because it would be a sad, sad day to see Nintendo go under. A piece of my childhood would die that day. I hope that we both agree it would be good if they stuck around, and, made whatever changes necessary to their business model to make you happy with them as a brand again.

I understand. If I felt that way about Nintendo, I would be very upset, as, they were a huge part of my childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by NGEFreek View Post
    I'm here, but all this Nintendo real talk has me a fluster, so I decided to start playing Castlevania : Lords of Shadow on my big boy 360 lol

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500
    I saw that the other day, and, forgot to add it to my list. Thanks for the reminder, lol. I love Castlevania games. SOTN is one of my all time favorite games.

Quote Originally Posted by nexusisneecesary View Post
    I'm helping noobs on a game I haven't played in a long time monster hunter tri it's been like two years since I played

Tri was horrible. I almost NEVER don't play a game to completion and completely annihilate it. I could barely get through 20 hours of this game without stopping for good.

Global Posts
    11,760 Global Posts
    ROM

Lunch soon. Let's see some food pics.

Sent from my SGSIII
    AppleBonker and Devinator like this.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Good morning folks. They were playing Christmas music in Walmart. Which btw has some strange folk at night ha ha. Can we cut the bird, watch football, lay on the couch all day before we start "it's beginning to look a lot like..........."

ROM
    Viper(HTC)One

Vice versa Chris. Nah, I didn't take it that way, that's just how I get. My family are big into debating, but, we never make it personal. You don't have to apologize, there is nothing that you said that isn't valid from where you stand. I'm not you, and, I don't know your friends, or the culture where you live. I can only speak from what I know/who I know in the North East, and, what I know about the gaming industry. I'm sure we have both made plenty of valid points, and, only time will tell. I just wholeheartedly hope that I'm right because it would be a sad, sad day to see Nintendo go under. A piece of my childhood would die that day. I hope that we both agree it would be good if they stuck around, and, made whatever changes necessary to their business model to make you happy with them as a brand again.

I understand. If I felt that way about Nintendo, I would be very upset, as, they were a huge part of my childhood.

I saw that the other day, and, forgot to add it to my list. Thanks for the reminder, lol. I love Castlevania games. SOTN is one of my all time favorite games.

Tri was horrible. I almost NEVER don't play a game to completion and completely annihilate it. I could barely get through 20 hours of this game without stopping for good.
    Ya it is pretty bad hence why I haven't played it in two years lol

Thread Retired