[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

yeah .. but when you port you automatically terminate your contract with vzw ...

so then, once it's ported, you have all your google voice calls fwd to your new phone ... i think that uses the minutes on the phone, not google voice minutes but i'm not sure ...

then, if you want to make calls directly from the google voice, you do so over the internet with gvoice minutes, and you use something like grooveip app. there's a couple of apps. iwas reading about it the last few days , let me see if i can find the links ...
there's a thread at xda with how to switch to tmo and profit immensely ...

Sick.. I am excited for this idea. And for a Nexus 4 :D

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

yeah .. but when you port you automatically terminate your contract with vzw ...

so then, once it's ported, you have all your google voice calls fwd to your new phone ... i think that uses the minutes on the phone, not google voice minutes but i'm not sure ...

then, if you want to make calls directly from the google voice, you do so over the internet with gvoice minutes, and you use something like grooveip app. there's a couple of apps. iwas reading about it the last few days , let me see if i can find the links ...
there's a thread at xda with how to switch to tmo and profit immensely ...

I use Google Voice exclusively, so if anyone has questions let me know. Incoming calls to your Google Voice number -- when answered on a mobile device -- use your plan's minutes and not Google Voice minutes. You're right on the second part.

I don't even pay for a text messaging plan. Simple, easy way to avoid paying $10-20 on Verizon.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Right now cost for me on vzw is fine.... lte coverage is untouchable by any carrier ( even combined) and I've got the gs3 and unlimited DATa so I'm happy ....will prob stick with vzw until they really piss me off ...:p plus I really reaaaalllly want that droid DNA or whatever the hell they are gonna call it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I use Google Voice exclusively, so if anyone has questions let me know. Incoming calls to your Google Voice number -- when answered on a mobile device -- use your plan's minutes and not Google Voice minutes. You're right on the second part.

I don't even pay for a text messaging plan. Simple, easy way to avoid paying $10-20 on Verizon.

i thought you couldnt use the gvoice texting with verizon for some reason ... i just use gvoice for voicemail ... probably just some wrong idea i got in my head.

taylorz- droid dna looks nice but its basically just a htc one x with 'droid' branding right? looks dope tho. it is not sufficient to keep me on vz tho ... at least, i dont htink so.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

i thought you couldnt use the gvoice texting with verizon for some reason ... i just use gvoice for voicemail ... probably just some wrong idea i got in my head.

taylorz- droid dna looks nice but its basically just a htc one x with 'droid' branding right? looks dope tho. it is not sufficient to keep me on vz tho ... at least, i dont htink so.

Nope, works very well. Google Voice texts and voicemail use the data connection, so everything except voice calls can be done over WiFi without the need for a third-party app such as GrooVe IP.

The ONE X was a 4.7-inch screen, DNA is 5-inch and has a slightly different body design. But very similar, yes.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

i hate droid terminator aesthetics.

love the way htc one x looks.

and on the subject of how these things look, i wish nexus 4 said google on the back instead of nexus. it's just classier imo.

- - - Updated - - -

ANd, i want a white nexus 4.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
i hate droid terminator aesthetics.

love the way htc one x looks.

and on the subject of how these things look, i wish nexus 4 said google on the back instead of nexus. it's just classier imo.

- - - Updated - - -

ANd, i want a white nexus 4.

Agreed with both points a white back with the pattern on it would look pretty sweet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Nope, works very well. Google Voice texts and voicemail use the data connection, so everything except voice calls can be done over WiFi without the need for a third-party app such as GrooVe IP..

Yea, GV is great. I haven't paid to text in a long time. Only downside is you can't send picture messages with the GV app, at least not that I could figure out. But, I just email people pics, so, it's not a big deal.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Speaking of how things look... give this page a spin and let me know if you have any obvious problems. There's no real functionality, just eye candy and design testing.

echelonandroid.com

The center Nexus uses a shot of my homescreen from a while back running CNA.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Nope, works very well. Google Voice texts and voicemail use the data connection, so everything except voice calls can be done over WiFi without the need for a third-party app such as GrooVe IP.

The ONE X was a 4.7-inch screen, DNA is 5-inch and has a slightly different body design. But very similar, yes.

Nice.. and so outgoing calls have to use a third party app, the google voice app, or get routed through your Gvoice number automatically? And do you need to have a solid data connection to make them, and be connected to Google's servers? Appreciate the info :)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Nice.. and so outgoing calls have to use a third party app, the google voice app, or get routed through your Gvoice number automatically? And do you need to have a solid data connection to make them, and be connected to Google's servers? Appreciate the info :)

Outgoing calls are made through the stock dialer. You can route all calls through your GV number, no calls, or be prompted each time you dial a number. I use the first option (all calls through GV) which therefore leaves stock dialer functionality unchanged.

The data connection is not used for calls unless you use GrooVe IP, in which case a good data connection will help reliability and quality.

Edit: when I post that write-up I'm doing on my experience with the Nexus (I might post it today...) I'll include a section with details/specifics on Google Voice and how I use it.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Speaking of how things look... give this page a spin and let me know if you have any obvious problems. There's no real functionality, just eye candy and design testing.

echelonandroid.com

The center Nexus uses a shot of my homescreen from a while back running CNA.

looks dope.

but cna < just about everything else hahahahhaa.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] &quot;Where everybody knows your name ...&quot;

Outgoing calls are made through the stock dialer. You can route all calls through your GV number, no calls, or be prompted each time you dial a number. I use the first option (all calls through GV) which therefore leaves stock dialer functionality unchanged.

The data connection is not used for calls unless you use GrooVe IP, in which case a good data connection will help reliability and quality.

Edit: when I post that write-up I'm doing on my experience with the Nexus (I might post it today...) I'll include a section with details/specifics on Google Voice and how I use it.

Gotcha.. yeah I'm familiar with those options in Gvoice and how it interacts with the stock dialer. Good stuff.. I need to get on this. Soon as that Nex 4 goes on sale it's a new ballgame, baby! :)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
btw lumenii the three bars symbol is equal to for all values ... in math

it also means heaven in chinese (qian)

as well as
identity, a similarity so strong that there is no real difference.
It is quite logical that has been used in meteorology to indicate mist, i.e. an atmospheric condition where everything is evenly milky white, identical.
In one system of psychological signs represents the passive intellect.

AND

In iOS this icon means "drag me to rearrange items in a list" while Google Chrome's version means "click me to bring up a menu".
- i googled it out of curiosity

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] &amp;quot;Where everybody knows your name ...&amp;quot;

looks dope.

but cna < just about everything else hahahahhaa.

Not always true, there was a time period when CNA had the latest JB version included with far more customization options for the lockscreen/statusbar/notifications panel than AOKP did. That's when I was on CNA -- and it was a great experience -- but I use AOKP otherwise.

Edit:

btw lumenii the three bars symbol is equal to for all values ... in math

it also means heaven in chinese (qian)

- i googled it out of curiosity

You're right on each call. But it's not what I'm looking for. ;) It'll be a while before there's very much online for you guys to pick up on as far as my avatar goes... I'll say this, though: I didn't post that link for no reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress