Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359504571941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359504571941.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 24

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
PA requires a good deal of set up to get it the way you want it. Awesome when you do, but i dont have the patience for it.

AOKP and CM10.1 are my go to roms. between the two i prefer the kang.

I havent used liquid in many moons, but theyre roms are usually decent. Not my preference, but they ahve their own following.

If you're looking for a change, maybe a themed out version of aokp is in the cards.

Hmmmm maybe try CM again? I know I tried them for a bit when I first started flashing.... pretty sure everything was still ICS then.

anyone got more suggestions? I feel like I need a change and I'm torn between fast and smooth (pretty much stock with a few tweaks) or something with more customization options -- but that usually means some performance trade-offs....

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
There are now two Ingress portals that I can access sitting at my desk at work. :)

Oh, by the way looks like Google is monetizing portals. All the Jamba Juice and Zipcar locations around here suddenly showed up as unclaimed portals today.

Sent from my SGSIII

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm maybe try CM again? I know I tried them for a bit when I first started flashing.... pretty sure everything was still ICS then.

anyone got more suggestions? I feel like I need a change and I'm torn between fast and smooth (pretty much stock with a few tweaks) or something with more customization options -- but that usually means some performance trade-offs....

stock with some tweaks is bugless beast. dunno if that rom is up to date tho.

i pretty much use only aokp so ... someone else will ahve to chime in. i know davey11 uses some off the beaten path roms

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
So what are your guys' views on screen protectors? I have one on my screen but it's just a cheap one that is ridiculously vulnerable to scratches and I want to remove it. Do you think gorilla glass can hold it's own? I really want to take this thing off but I'm not sure.

Codename: One V.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So what are your guys' views on screen protectors? I have one on my screen but it's just a cheap one that is ridiculously vulnerable to scratches and I want to remove it. Do you think gorilla glass can hold it's own? I really want to take this thing off but I'm not sure.

I've never used them and I've never regretted it.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla will still scratch. I have this otterbox screen protector on my DNA. It sucks. All scratched up. Better it than my actual screen. I like skinomi. Very cheap price but a quality protector. Does get that yellow tint either

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I use screen protectors. Lately I've been using cheap dry-apply ones (bought a 10pack off eBay) so don't mind that they get scratched easily. What bugs me about dry-apply ones is the dang dust specks that I always get :(

I have also used InvisibleShield ones.
Pros: wet-apply means no dust, and you can wiggle/slide it into place if you don't lay it down perfectly the first time.
Cons: InvisibleShield is thicker then the cheap ones, and has a slightly tacky/sticky feel to it especially compared to bare glass. It also has a slight "orange peel" look. No, I don't mean it looks orange! It's most noticable with the screen off... you can see a bumpy texture similar to the peel of an orange. Far less noticable with the screen on.

I haven't tried any other wet-apply screen protectors though. If InvisibleShield had a slicker/smoother surface I'd use them all the time.

And I've gone a few months without a protector on my Gnex and I've got some scratches. The worst one is thankfully down by the on-screen buttons, not on the main display area. I'd rather have one on then not.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

It will probably get scratched. Small particles of dirt and sand are the worst, even to gorilla glass

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This thing is just really irritating. And yes I've used invisible shield. Hated them. Especially with gesture typing. And yeah I know gorilla will still get scratched but I can't find anything else. I'll have to look online.

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
stock with some tweaks is bugless beast. dunno if that rom is up to date tho.

i pretty much use only aokp so ... someone else will ahve to chime in. i know davey11 uses some off the beaten path roms

I've had PA for a while now. After figuring out how to customize everything, it's pretty good. Not as smooth as bugless beast, but it serves its purposes. Notice nav bar is completely transparent.
e7uze6u3.jpg

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had PA for a while now. After figuring out how to customize everything, it's pretty good. Not as smooth as bugless beast, but it serves its purposes. Notice nav bar is completely transparent

I might have to try PA again.

AOKP added the transparent nav & status bars on their latest build as well... seems to work better for lighter backgrounds then for dark. I notice some odd-color bands (1pixel high) top and bottom if I use a dark/black background.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy