[ROM][5/23/12][4.0.4][AXI0M] CROSSBREED and PATIENT ZERO

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Dammit

No dirty installs. Cheaters never prosper. :)

Yes, flashed dirty again. I do agree it is cheating. But honestly, I haven't had issues so far. 3 updates all dirty lol imma dirty guy. But until them bootloops and fcs start popping up its all good. I'm getting spoiled not having to set up.

Sent from my Th3orized GN

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][V7 - STD/SHO][4.0.4]DroidTh3ory + AOKP = AXI0M Crossbre

DT said in rootz this last version can be considered a "milestone version" so maybe give it a shot later on today .I downloaded it anyhoo already tho.:)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Yes, flashed dirty again. I do agree it is cheating. But honestly, I haven't had issues so far. 3 updates all dirty lol imma dirty guy. But until them bootloops and fcs start popping up its all good. I'm getting spoiled not having to set up.

Sent from my Th3orized GN

I was just kidding but typically I wipe BC I'm used to it, I can set up in like 20 min, and I don't want anything to get in the way of the speed. Like, no lag BC I didn't clear data is preferred .

OK!! Flash

Davidnc you'll like this one. The STD edition is basically just aokp m4 plus some extras.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I just flashed v7 last night and got everything set up and know v8 :eek: I guess it's much better then those who aren't rooted and keep waiting for the 4.0.4 OTA ;)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I just flashed v7 last night and got everything set up and know v8 :eek: I guess it's much better then those who aren't rooted and keep waiting for the 4.0.4 OTA ;)

Haha stated. Owning a nexus (or any android, really...) without rooting and ROMming is like getting a corvette and keeping it in 2nd gear.

I think I did a full wipe for v7.. v8 I just flashed "dirty" though (cache, dalvik, format /system). Seems to be fine. Whenever I do that I just keep in mind if I have any issues whatsoever I'll shut my mouth about them until I do a full wipe and reflash, lol.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Bad things happen to me whenever I don't wipe and makes me kinda feel a little dirty ;)

Noticed that DT has stated a full wipe was required for v8 but if everything is working fine your good or lucky.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Bad things happen to me whenever I don't wipe and makes me kinda feel a little dirty ;)

Noticed that DT has stated a full wipe was required for v8 but if everything is working fine your good or lucky.

Yeah, well he said a full wipe was required if you want Market Restore to work (which I never use anyway)... and of course he'll always tell you to do a full wipe and most people should, because most people aren't smart enough to handle dirty installs, lol... you have to be aware that you can't complain about any issues you have or anything until you do a full wipe. I'll do a dirty on for a minor upgrade.. but I def try to avoid them at all costs and especially if the changelog notes any significant system changes. Better safe than sorry :)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I <3 market restore.

but i dont want the UI tweaks. wish there was still a revert to stock option.
STD edition is still v7.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
new update out Monolith B its called
combined SHO/STD together in one Rom

3/12: MONOLITH BUILD RELEASE: ROLLED UP ALL TWEAKS AND FEATURES for Stability and Performance Market Restore Fixed Latest Apex Latest Nova Keyboard Patch For Speed Patched DL Crutch Franco R85 Kernel W GPU OC Support Full Proven Speed Script TH3ORY UI (FLASH THE REVERT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, AND YOU SUCK!) :)
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm on V6 right now with the Trinity kernel. I have never seen such awesome battery life. Just made a Nandroid, and will download and flash the Monolith. Hope it doesn't disappoint with battery life.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

So I go to work and miss 2 updates? Crikey. Will get on this when I have time mates, my apologies! Getting slammed on my end :/.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Monolith B1][4.0.4]DroidTh3ory + AOKP = AXI0M Crossbree

Updated the thread. Removed the V7 std/sho links, replaced with B1. Added the UI revert as well.

Did I miss anything?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

DT is a PITA with these updates.

Ludicrous speed

FYI - I did a direct download from RW to my phone and got a bad file. Redid it on my Mac, and perfect.

So be careful!

And I forgot how wondrous Market Restore is.

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

FYI - I did a direct download from RW to my phone and got a bad file. Redid it on my Mac, and perfect.

So be careful!

And I forgot how wondrous Market Restore is.

just flashed mono. had dl'ed to my mac as well, alls good.

about to reboot and apply the ui revert. TGIFinally back i can't deal with the smokey-axiom icon in the dropdown bar ... drives me nuts for some reason.

Anyway - this rom has stolen a little piece of my heart where aokp used to live ... but i guess it really is just aokp with a few tweaks and different baked in kernel the way i use it anyway (reverted ui).

OMG B2 JUST CAME OUT!!!!!!!! HURRY UP AND REFLASH!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
jk :):):)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

just flashed mono. had dl'ed to my mac as well, alls good.

about to reboot and apply the ui revert. TGIFinally back i can't deal with the smokey-axiom icon in the dropdown bar ... drives me nuts for some reason.

Anyway - this rom has stolen a little piece of my heart where aokp used to live ... but i guess it really is just aokp with a few tweaks and different baked in kernel the way i use it anyway (reverted ui).

OMG B2 JUST CAME OUT!!!!!!!! HURRY UP AND REFLASH!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
jk :):):)

Yeah that dropdown icon needs a changin'. What else does the revert change?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Updated the thread. Removed the V7 std/sho links, replaced with B1. Added the UI revert as well.

Did I miss anything?

Yeah you missed V8 for the 6 or so hours that it was live.

These updates are mental.

Did this B1 dirty again. Heres my take on dirty:
Totally read the line in the op ---> ADDITIONAL: IT IS HIGHLY, I REPEAT HIGHLY ADVISED TO WIPE EVERYTHING ON THE MONOLITH BUILDS.. THE AMOUNT OF FLASHING WE DO AROUND HERE, GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE WITH A CLEAN SLATE. JUST SAYIN.. :)

I do a fresh nandroid before every update and it is fairly easy to recover from bootloops and FC with backups. With the frequency these things are coming out the setting up part is annoying. Plus I lose stuff like call logs and stuff I enter into color note and small stuff. After a full rom flash and EVERYTHING is still there including all your rom control settings, you kinda get spoiled.

I don't condone this and would never tell anyone to do this...I feel comfortable in fixing broken stuff is why I choose to do it this way. You purists may scoff and that is fine. After all it IS MY phone right? Untill issues pop up I will probably keep doing this. I am just relating to you guys what I AM DOING.

DT mentioned jokingly he keeps a list of the dirty upgrades...I hope I ain't on it haha

Please don't hate...just in case /me get into the trusty flamesuit :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38