[AOSP] LIQUIDSMOOTH-v1.25

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes that's exactly what ima do. I must have been editing my post when you posted this lol. I appreciate the help. Hopefully it fixes my issue. I will purchase the updater after work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Coolio

Also forgot to mention--when it rebooted, it went into the Activation screen. WTF?

You're doing it wrong then, bro. LOLz j/k :D
In all seriousness, I dunno why it did that. Never had problems on mine yet. (Knocks on wood)

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Also forgot to mention--when it rebooted, it went into the Activation screen. WTF?

That happened to me one time when I rebooted my phone. All it said was though "your device is ready for use" and I clicked next. Was weird lol.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That happened to me one time when I rebooted my phone. All it said was though "your device is ready for use" and I clicked next. Was weird lol.

Yeah, I don't see any reason why it'd be doing it with the reboots though. Very confusing.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the 384 GPU of Francos kernel nightly 121 and my graphics are back to normal. Glad there was an easy solution.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
After installing Franco 133 nightly, I was surfing a bit trying to make myself fall asleep for class in the morning. My phone decided to reboot and get stuck on start up :/. Looks like I am going to be super sleepy for class in the morning. Restoring everything. I think my last backup was from my stock ROM too..

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
After installing Franco 133 nightly, I was surfing a bit trying to make myself fall asleep for class in the morning. My phone decided to reboot and get stuck on start up :/. Looks like I am going to be super sleepy for class in the morning. Restoring everything. I think my last backup was from my stock ROM too..

Did it go into activation?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Kind of worded it wrong (I was almost falling asleep too when all this happened :p). The phone shut off, turned back on, and got stuck on "android" boot logo. The phone never started up. Sorry for the mislead.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I dirty flashed b31 last night, and while it booted fine, it was a bit sluggish and I had some fc's. Flashed r133 and it improved, but my data was wonky and everything was just a little off overall. I know better :rolleyes:

Restored my backup of b30 this morning and all is well. Since b31 was just a maintenance release anyway, I'll probably wait for the next milestone before flashing AOKP again. Might get some PZ going in the meantime just to check it out.

I hope I don't like it too much, I loathe setting everything back up again. I have a four year old, so I'm not a true crackflasher.... though I have done most of my recent flashing at work, when I should be..... working.

*customized tapatalk signature*

watchtheflames

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't download and flash the Liquid ICS extras. What is that? Is it necessary, and can I just flash it after the fact if needed or do I need to re-flash the Rom too? Thanks for any help..

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I didn't download and flash the Liquid ICS extras. What is that? Is it necessary, and can I just flash it after the fact if needed or do I need to re-flash the Rom too? Thanks for any help..

you can flash after the rom. no need to reflash everything. what they are exactly? i dont know. i think i flashed them once and didnt see any difference. i think its something to do with an app or two

watchtheflames

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
you can flash after the rom. no need to reflash everything. what they are exactly? i dont know. i think i flashed them once and didnt see any difference. i think its something to do with an app or two

Ok, I thought maybe it was the 4.0.4 radios. If not then I may not even worry about it.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I thought maybe it was the 4.0.4 radios. If not then I may not even worry about it.

i believe the 4.0.4 radios are already installed with the ROM. look at your about phone listing in settings. its called baseband version if they say FA02 then youre up to date with radio files

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
i believe the 4.0.4 radios are already installed with the ROM. look at your about phone listing in settings. its called baseband version if they say FA02 then youre up to date with radio files

If it doesn't say the above, and to be honest I don't think they do, grab the get ready package from my crossbreed thread. It has the radios.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
If it doesn't say the above, and to be honest I don't think they do, grab the get ready package from my crossbreed thread. It has the radios.

You my boy dmm. Here's a screenshot of what I have.
Screenshot_2012-04-12-20-45-07.png

Dropped from LiquidNexus via XparentTapatalk2

watchtheflames

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

It says V. EK05/1515.EK02 so I guess I need the get ready package. I actually already downloaded the get ready package before. Do I need to clear Cashe and Dalvik Cashe before flashing that or just flash away?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
It says V. EK05/1515.EK02 so I guess I need the get ready package. I actually already downloaded the get ready package before. Do I need to clear Cashe and Dalvik Cashe before flashing that or just flash away?

hmmm. yeah grab the files that dmm has. hes always got the good stuff. i must have flashed them and forgot. i dont believe you need to wipe dalvik. you arent installing apps for themes. just make sure you create yourself a nandroid backup. you never know.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just a caveat, a nandroid won't help you with the radios. They're separate. Just make sure you verify the md5 before flashing any radios (or anything really, it's a very good habit).

Bad radio flash is BAD. Pretty sure you can reflash good radios via fastboot, but I've never had to do it yet.

All of the available radios are at rootz, don't think I'm allowed to link to them though.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12