Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: What's your current Daily Driver?

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    Cool man, thanks for the screens dude. Doesn't look bad at all. What is it about that ROM that you prefer over standard AOKP?

*customized tapatalk signature*
    Th3ory does a lot of work on init.d scripts and other system tweaks to improve speed, performance, battery life, etc. Basically it flies

A few quick notes to keep in mind for ALL roms to improve your speed:
    In settings > developer settings> Set the animation speeds (can't remember exact name, there's 2 of them, you'll see them easy to spot) to .5x instead of the default 1x.

Also if you are using Apex launcher, which I recommend, under both Homescreen settings and Drawer settings there is a Minimum scroll time setting (something like that).. in both cases set the value to 20. You'll notice the speed pickup immediately
    It's been real...

I set the animations to off before this ROM to help with speed, but to be honest I kind of like the smooth animations. Plus, I think if there are set less than 1, the CRT screen off animation isn't visible.

I know it's kind of cheesy, but I dig it :o

I'll definitely jump on Patient Zero for my next ROM though. You and dmmarck have convinced me, lol

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 5

Patient Zero M1. I'm a bit of a crackflasher so I don't stay on any ROM more than maybe 2 weeks.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
    I set the animations to off before this ROM to help with speed, but to be honest I kind of like the smooth animations. Plus, I think if there are set less than 1, the CRT screen off animation isn't visible.

I know it's kind of cheesy, but I dig it :o

I'll definitely jump on Patient Zero for my next ROM though. You and dmmarck have convinced me, lol

Ive been drinking the kool aid over here as well. Lol. Looks like i might go with Patient Zero for my first ROM adventure. One thing i am curious about is the get ready package i see on his download post. It says it includes radios and bootloader. I have 4.0.4 radios installed already, do i still need to run this package to get certain scripts? Do i need a new bootloader for this ROM? Its the only thing thats thrown me off so far.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by kca2000 View Post
    Ive been drinking the kool aid over here as well. Lol. Looks like i might go with Patient Zero for my first ROM adventure. One thing i am curious about is the get ready package i see on his download post. It says it includes radios and bootloader. I have 4.0.4 radios installed already, do i still need to run this package to get certain scripts? Do i need a new bootloader for this ROM? Its the only thing thats thrown me off so far.
    No you don't have to flash the package if you have the 4.0.4 radios already... The package you flashed most probably included the bootloader as well.. But if you want to check.. Boot into the bootloader (power down, hold vol up and down, then hold power until bootloader screen). Mid-line, Bootloader version should read PRIMELA03.

Its generally a good idea to match up your radios and bootloader (4.0.2 with 4.0.2, .3 with .3, etc). If for some reason you're on an earlier bootloader you can flash that package over what you have now and should be fine (note its usually not the best idea to flash the same radios on top of each other.. I've done it though, just don't make a habit of it, lol)
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Looks like i might have to, Im on PRIMEKK15. Hoping by doing this i won't cause issues, the radios seem to be working fine so far.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Looks like i might have to, Im on PRIMEKK15. Hoping by doing this i won't cause issues, the radios seem to be working fine so far.
    Yeah thats the 4.0.2 bootloader you've got... If you are comfortable with using fastboot commands from the bootloader at all (its easy, same as adb basically).... you can take this, its just the 4.0.4 bootloader: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/boo...-primela03.img

Drop it on your computer in your sdk toolkit tools or any folder you've got with the adb and fastboot files... connect phone in bootloader mode, open a command window in the folder (shift and right click in the folder, Open command window here) then just:

fastboot flash bootloader name-of-bootloader.img

That's the "easy" way....lol. If that's too much then yeah just flash that get ready package in recovery, lol.
    Thanked by 4:
    Ytaay likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Yeah thats the 4.0.2 bootloader you've got... If you are comfortable with using fastboot commands from the bootloader at all (its easy, same as adb basically).... you can take this, its just the 4.0.4 bootloader: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/boo...-primela03.img

Drop it on your computer in your sdk toolkit tools or any folder you've got with the adb and fastboot files... connect phone in bootloader mode, open a command window in the folder (shift and right click in the folder, Open command window here) then just:

fastboot flash bootloader name-of-bootloader.img

That's the "easy" way....lol. If that's too much then yeah just flash that get ready package in recovery, lol.
    Done and done, Cheated a little, flashed it with the Galaxy Nexus tool kit. Now on primela03. Thanks alot for that walk through and file, Id rip your thanks button 20 times if i could. Thanks again!
    Thanked by:
    2defmouze likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

You know, he could have just flashed the GET READY package too .
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    He mentioned that, But he also mentioned that flashing 4.0.4 radios on top of each other is not always the best idea. I have those radios already. So i went the Bootloader only route. The tool kit made it really easy, I just didnt want to take the chance of messing anything else up. Knowing my luck it would happen. lol

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Haha well you know me... I want everyone to learn the "right" way of doing things :smugface:

But also since he's got the 4.0.4 radios already, lot of folks do say its not a good idea to flash radios on top of the same radios... something about the chance of frying them, idk. Better to play it safe if possible
    kca2000 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

He mentioned that, But he also mentioned that flashing 4.0.4 radios on top of each other is not always the best idea. I have those radios already. So i went the Bootloader only route. The tool kit made it really easy, I just didnt want to take the chance of messing anything else up. Knowing my luck it would happen. lol
    Eh, I once flashed the get ready package 3 times (with 3 AXI0M releases) just for s's and g's, did no harm. But I could certainly see the caution.

2def is to be trusted. His taste in softkeys and professional baseball teams...not so much
    Thanked by:
    kca2000 and 2defmouze like this.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

2def is to be trusted. His taste in softkeys and professional baseball teams...not so much
    This one's for youuuu

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

This one's for youuuu

Click to view quoted image

Literally the worst screen ever posted on the internet. lol
    Thanked by:
    AZDROIDX and OptimusNotPrime like this.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Literally the worst screen ever posted on the internet. lol
    Lmaooo

To the op:

Now that you be a flash type, what are your thoughts on the enjoyment/enhancement of the rom (liquid?) you got now compared to stock?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Alright guys, loading up patient zero, before i do, any known major bugs or issues anyone is aware of? Ive got liquid on deck just incase but i wanted to make sure of anything major before i flash.

Another thing i noticed is Patient Zero is 200+ megs where liquid is 90. Seems like a huge ROM in comparison.

Edit: To Davey, I can only speak about the radios so far. Its seems to improve things as far as handoffs but i am still testing them. Im going to load a ROM in a few minutes here.

Thanks.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Alright guys, loading up patient zero, before i do, any known major bugs or issues anyone is aware of? Ive got liquid on deck just incase but i wanted to make sure of anything major before i flash.

Thanks.
    Not that I can think of. M1 is probably the best build thus far. I love his tweaks and the fact it has Beats Audio, the Galaxy Note voice app, etc. Very well thought out build.

However, I'm salivating over his latest idea--making an AXI0M base with flashable feature packages--ala AOKP, CM9, etc. Talk about combining my two favorite roms!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Not that I can think of. M1 is probably the best build thus far. I love his tweaks and the fact it has Beats Audio, the Galaxy Note voice app, etc. Very well thought out build.

However, I'm salivating over his latest idea--making an AXI0M base with flashable feature packages--ala AOKP, CM9, etc. Talk about combining my two favorite roms!
    Would this be the correct download?

ROM| AXI0M PATIENT ZERO | AOKP | 4.0.4 | PHASE TWO TESTING | - GALAXY NEXUS - droidHIVE Forums

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Another thing i noticed is Patient Zero is 200+ megs where liquid is 90. Seems like a huge ROM in comparison.

Edit: To Davey, I can only speak about the radios so far. Its seems to improve things as far as handoffs but i am still testing them. Im going to load a ROM in a few minutes here.

Thanks.
    One of Liquids goals, as I understand it, is to cut out a lot of code to slim the system down. Debatable how much difference it makes.

But also the Gapps are built into PZ, as well as the beats audio and other stuff.. Whereas with Liquid gapps are a separate flash, that's a lot of the size difference right there.

Thanks.
    Ok man get ready to get amazed. If you are doing pz...look in the rom control section of the settings. That is where the action is.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Yes. It's also in my thread here (see my signature).
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

One of Liquids goals, as I understand it, is to cut out a lot of code to slim the system down. Debatable how much difference it makes.

But also the Gapps are built into PZ, as well as the beats audio and other stuff.. Whereas with Liquid gapps are a separate flash, that's a lot of the size difference right there.

I figured he stuck to his roots, he was the same way on the D1. His builds were always smaller then the others. Im a "More toys" guy so im gonna go PZ. Flashing in the next few minutes, running a final nandroid now.

I kind of miss razor recovery from my D1. Had a "Wipe all" setting (I see PZ has a script which is nice) and ability to name your nandroids. I dont see that in CWM. Oh well. On to flash city.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

I figured he stuck to his roots, he was the same way on the D1. His builds were always smaller then the others. Im a "More toys" guy so im gonna go PZ. Flashing in the next few minutes, running a final nandroid now.

I kind of miss razor recovery from my D1. Had a "Wipe all" setting (I see PZ has a script which is nice) and ability to name your nandroids. I dont see that in CWM. Oh well. On to flash city.
    You can name them after the fact, just make sure there are no spaces/craziness. I always move them to a folder on my Mac then delete all but one or two to save space. At one point I had 19 gigs worth of nandroids on my phone lol
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Here we go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's your current Daily Driver?-reload.jpg  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast