I am completely lost. Recommendations, please?

xxtdxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy Nexus LTE (cdma) that I am wanting to update to 4.0.4 and better radios. I have no idea what to do. Please steer me in the right direction.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy Nexus LTE (cdma) that I am wanting to update to 4.0.4 and better radios. I have no idea what to do. Please steer me in the right direction.

Well, you will need to unlock the bootloader first. This will erase everything on your phone, including whats on the sd card, so you'll have to back that stuff up if you want to keep it.

Next, you will root the device. There are stickies in this subforum posted up top - they will guide you through unlocking the bootloader and obtaining root access.

Next, You will need to flash recovery - this can be done with rom manager app, or manually in adb. Judging from where you're at, probably need rom manager app after you have root. :)

There is a sticky up top by Cyber Warrior on how to backup, and flash roms. You should read this as well, it will teach you how to make nandroid backups in recovery mode and how to flash roms correctly in recovery mode.

The first thing you want to do, after you have root and ahve flashed recovery mode, is make a nandroid backup. This will be your safety net, in case anything goes wrong when you flash something.

It is advised that, before you flash a rom or a mod or kernel or whatever, make a backup that works because it will save you lots of trouble if something gets wacky.

After all this, you are going to download the 4.04 radios and bootloaders (an easy way to do this is with patient zero's get ready package) - and flash in recovery mode.

Next, pick a rom and enjoy.

Any questions feel free to ask.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I had never used it, but I suggested to a friend who was a bit apprehensive about all of this to use wug's root toolkit. To make sure I hadn't steered him wrong I used it recently instead of Adb, and I'll tell you... it's pretty awesome. I wish something like that existed when I was new to all of this stuff. SUPER easy. There's another one I hear good things about too... the Gnex toolkit. Haven't used it though.

Just be sure you get the drivers working first, especially for fastboot. Don't worry though, it walks you through it step by step.

Search YouTube as well. There's a plethora of step by step bids out there. It's really hard to fully brick your device. I don't know how many times I had to SBF my OG Droid and Droid X. Soft bricks are nothing to worry about. Just compare the MD5 of EVERYTHING before you flash it.

Jump in brother, the water's fine ;)

*customized tapatalk signature*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress