Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock for now

Unhappy booting into odin

i installed aokp31 yesterday and everything went fine, or so i thought. i changed out my battery and lo and behold it didnt boot up but it booted into odin. now i have never used odin before and i dont know what is going on because everytime i boot it goes into odin.

any ideas?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: booting into odin

I don't know much about odin mode unfortunately... a quick search brought up this thread where it looks like the same thing happened and the guy included instructions for fixing: Stuck in ODIN mode!

Read through that... also just try Googling "galaxy nexus stuck in odin" or something like that....

Don't panic... lol its definitely fixable

Will check in later let me know if you are able to resolve it and how..
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    stock for now

its weird. i just rebooted it using the reboot option in the power menu and it worked fine. tonight when i switch batteries ill see what happens. i might have been holding volume down with the power button but i really dont think i was.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Yeah thats weird. Make sure whenever possible you shutdown the phone completely from the power menu before pulling the battery to switch it... not saying that's what you did or what went wrong, just a thought.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    stock for now

oh yeah i pulled the battery a smidge early before and was stuck in a bootloop after. twas not fun.